• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just got 70,000 MR points

slomac

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe x2

Grand Pacific Palisades

Marriott Shadow Ridge

SDO

Kauai Beach Villas
For signing up for the Marriott Visa. No fee for the first year. Not sure if I was targeted or not . I had the visa last year and cancelled it when the annual fee was due.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
For signing up for the Marriott Visa. No fee for the first year. Not sure if I was targeted or not . I had the visa last year and cancelled it when the annual fee was due.

One of the best cards we have for accumulating millions of points!

FT

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I never leave home without it.

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
Wow...maybe I'll cancel...

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Even if it is targeted promotion, you can usually find information and links over at FlyerTalk. So even if you didn't get the specific offer, going through one of the links over there will still get you the deal. DW took advantage of this and got the 70,000 offer a while back.

Here is the ongoing thread over at FlyerTalk.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Along with dioxide's advice, print out all t's and c's plus what they are offering to sign up. Our son did this. His offer was 70k with 3 purchases in one month-or similar. I honestly cannot remember. When his card arrived, it was 70k points with $1000.00 in 3 months. We had the back up and they adjusted.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not So fast!

Wow...maybe I'll cancel...

" This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were compromised through the Target scandal. Chase called within five minutes of the transaction and I had a new card within 24 hours. They were great. When we stopped for gas going to Virginia, the pump rejected the card, I got an immediate text asking if it were my purchase and the card was good. I couldn't believe the speed. Love those points!

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love the "No International Transaction Fees" too...

That saves us hundreds of dollars in fees each year. The yearly fee is really free since they give us a Cat 1-4 certificate for a free night. In most cases that's worth the $85 they charge.

FT

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Love the "No International Transaction Fees" too...

That saves us hundreds of dollars in fees each year. The yearly fee is really free since they give us a Cat 1-4 certificate for a free night. In most cases that's worth the $85 they charge.

FT

Cat 1-4 is year one...

Then its Cat 1-5.

This is for the Black card with $85 annual fee.

OldPantry

TUG Member
Reaction score
One possible additional advantage: my wife was just given Gold status for 2014. This is the second consecutive year this has happened, despite our coming well short of the required 50 paid nights per year. I suspect the fact that we have two accounts (sharing the same email id), both with Marriott black cards, might be the deciding factor. Just guessing, but Gold is a nice (small) perk. For us, it works best in places like Vancouver BC, where there is a concierge lounge. My daughter goes nuts, and hangs out the entire day, scarfing free coffee and snacks!

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
...it works best in places like Vancouver BC, where there is a concierge lounge. My daughter goes nuts....

Does that make her a Vancouver Ca"nut"?? :doh: :shrug:

Work with me here people. :D :banana:

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Gold is a nice (small) perk. For us, it works best in places like Vancouver BC, where there is a concierge lounge.

I am lifetime Platinum but I actually think that Gold has fantastic perks.....upgrades, concierge lounges, bonus points on stays, etc. The concierge lounges and upgrades alone make it a big perk, in my opinion. The difference between Silver and Gold is much greater than the difference between Gold and Platinum.

Jimbo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have had the Gold status for years and have not met the 50 night requirement for most of them.

The points add up quickly and there are always more promos to help accumulate more!

About 15 years ago, we amassed enough points for DW and I to travel to Hawaii for 10 days and just about everything was covered on MW points! Hotels, Car Rental, and Airfare! Hoping to take the family back in 2015 or 2016!:whoopie: