• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do affiliates show up in online booking?

night0wl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

New owner here. We bought 2 platinum one bedroom weeks @ Seaworld...which is 9600 points annually.

We just got our online access...but something seems incomplete! I cant seem to see any affiliate resorts in anything but open season in the old classic reservation system.

Perhaps this is by design...but is the only way to book any affiliate resort via phone call only? How does one see availability for all those other resorts?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Most affiliates can only be booked by phone.
Ostensibly, this is due to limited availabilty. Many owners at affiliates are not HGVC members (its optional, 'cept at Valdoro), but instead use their weeks or rent them at a premium. You might actually have better luck booking one with an RCI search.

Last edited:

night0wl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most affiliates can only be booked by phone.
Ostensibly, this is due to limited availabilty. Many owners at affiliates are not HGVC members (its optional, 'cept at Valdoro), but instead use their weeks or rent them at a premium. You might actually have better luck booking one with an RCI search.

Learning more and more about the little things about HGVC. The funny thing i that you see a few affiliates in the open season area of the classic system...a few days/nights at the Eagles Next, Charter Club and even Plantation/Hutchinson Island sometimes.

This is quickly becoming my #1 feature request....PUT THE AFFILIATES ONLINE!!!!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
This is quickly becoming my #1 feature request....PUT THE AFFILIATES ONLINE!!!!
Believe me, we have been asking for that for years now. They used to have the Mexico affiliates online, but pulled them about a year or so ago. Again, they claimed it was due to "limited availability". :mad:

Kurt

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
To me this shows the flaw in the Hilton plan of building inventory by affiliates instead of building their own resorts. I kind of think this whole mentality is kind of a scam....no offense to the affiliates since they are for the most part very very nice. But I think it's a crummy way for Hilton to "add" new locations. :mad:

night0wl

TUG Member
Reaction score
To me this shows the flaw in the Hilton plan of building inventory by affiliates instead of building their own resorts. I kind of think this whole mentality is kind of a scam....no offense to the affiliates since they are for the most part very very nice. But I think it's a crummy way for Hilton to "add" new locations. :mad:

How do owners at Hilton owned resorts influence a change here?