• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Membership Deals

Terry D

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a telephone call today from RCI saying my account expires early next year. They offered a 1 year membership at $124, 2 years $229 and 3 years $319. Are there any two for one or special deals available for RCI membership?

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I received a telephone call today from RCI saying my account expires early next year. They offered a 1 year membership at $124, 2 years $229 and 3 years $319. Are there any two for one or special deals available for RCI membership?

It looks like they're giving you a deal to renew for more than one year. I have never in my 25+ years of membership in their weeks program seen anything close to 2:1 memberhship. It used to be, you could get a 5 yr renewal relatively inexpensively, at a nice discount.

tlobo

Reaction score
RCI Weeks Renewal Deal till 15-feb-2011 -$90 for 2 years

Just got my RCI Weeks extended for a further 2 years for $90. It is $89 for one year and $90 for two. The reference # for the offer is 290649 and I believe it is good tll 15-Feb-2011. I think it is good for RCI Weeks only but did not really check.

Just wanted to share this with folk that want to extend. Call 1-800-338-7777 by Feb 15,2011 to take advantage of this special offer.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
just got the 2-1. thanks, Elaine

jazzlow

TUG Member
Reaction score
damn RCI
told me that offer with that reference # only for a certain resort. I had just renewed my membership 36 days ago and tried to get 2 yr deal with my $89 paid last month

Last edited:

mom2kids

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year while exchanging our week thru RCI I was offered to renew for 3 more yrs at $199.... so I did. :)

hsmamato2

TUG Member
Reaction score
what if I have to renew,but not till late March? am I out of luck for the special?

redmac

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 Years for $90

Just got the 2 years for $90 -- you have to give them the Promotion code of 290649 -- otherwise they know nothing! Thanks for the heads up.

Redmac:

Tfish

TUG Member
Reaction score
what if I have to renew,but not till late March? am I out of luck for the special?

I didn't have to renew until Jan 12 but just renewed for 2 years for $90.
I now do not have to renew until Jan 14.

I used the coupon 290649.

The first attendant said that I didn't qualify for that coupon but the next time that I called an attendant gave it to me.

Good deal even if I only use it for Getaways.

Mike

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
damn RCI
told me that offer with that reference # only for a certain resort. I had just renewed my membership 36 days ago and tried to get 2 yr deal with my $89 paid last month

Call back and see what they will do. Tell them you renewed 36 days ago but just recieved the promo code and wish to use that instead. Worse case they say no and you are in the same place you are right now. You can also use the promo code and extend for another 2 years past what you just paid for 36 days ago.

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score

Renew now using the promo code. They will extend your membership out 2 years from your current expiration date so you don't lose anything by extending early.

CherylC

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, tried it but said I had to fax or email the offer to them as it wasn't part of my account; agent said only Trading Places owners where to receive this offer. :(

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Deal Question

Can a person join RCI without banking their week? We may yet use our week for 2011. We would like to join RCI for two years for $90 - just to test them out - with last minute getaways, etc.

How hard would it be to bank a week on the Big Island of HI and get a week in Mexico - Cancun preferably? Our week in floating - good anytime in 2011. Thanks everyone.

WINSLOW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can a person join RCI without banking their week? We may yet use our week for 2011. We would like to join RCI for two years for $90 - just to test them out - with last minute getaways, etc.

How hard would it be to bank a week on the Big Island of HI and get a week in Mexico - Cancun preferably? Our week in floating - good anytime in 2011. Thanks everyone.

Yes, I joined a couple of weeks ago, did the sign up online. It asked what resort we owned and our name ,etc. 2 minutes later I got an email with our RCI ID # and how to log into our acct online. I don't see how they even had time to check if we actually owned a T/S. When I called into pay the membership fee they let me use the discount code and said I was good to go. I didn't deposit until a week after.

After you set up your account online you can use the deposit calculator to see what your week is worth. There is alot of Cancun, you can get Studio - 2 Bedroom for anywhere between 6 - 20 TP

Mully

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Discount Renewal

I also called RCI and was told that this discount code only applied to Trading Places International Members and I did not qualify for this discount.

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if RCI is cracking down on the code usage as there may have been a larger than anticipated response :rolleyes:

Some people have had good results by simply calling back a few times and getting lucky with a different rep.

ran-ran

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What a phone call

I just called RCI to take advantage of the 2 year renewal for $90.00 and this is what happened to me.

First, I was on hold; off and on for about 30 minutes before they finally got back to me to take my credit card information and charge me for the $90.00 to extend my membership to 2018. Whew!

After the credit card was processed they advised me that they had to change my account number and that I would need to create a new user name to login.

What?

To make the point as quickly as I can, let me sum this up the best I know how. The new timeshare week I purchased at Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort through a resale on eBay for which I actually gave them my RCI number to the closing company because I just confirmed my records BTW. They obviously didn't communicate that to the management company. Well, VRI, the management company of the resort had assigned me a new RCI number.

When I went to renew, they did it on the new account number. After about an hour on the phone I have a new RCI account number and all of my weeks, vacations plans membership expiration, etc. have been transferred over. At first I thought they were assigning me a new number because I had recently relinquished my Seapointer timeshares and RCI would do away with the 2049 prefix. Who knows?

Anyway, the conclusion is that I got my two year extension for $90.00, a new account number and user name and a hour of my day gone and I am not sure what the heck Trading Places Owners mentioned prior in the discussion is because I am not a member or user, at least to my knowledge.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
I don't know what RCI has to do with Trading Places. Isn't this an independent exchange company? Maybe RCI got a members list and is trying to offer special RCI promo to TI members for their business. They never mentioned TI to me.

mlnuwer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to call RCI and get the $90 rate for two years and was told that Grand Pacific Resorts pays my membership. I do not even own at a GPR resort. My Olympic Resort has been getting a lot of these calls from people like me. They do not pay our membership fees and they do not offer this as an option when paying your maintenance fees. RCI rep to call me. I have been on the phone most of the morning with RCI and cannot get good rate or even renew at any rate. I guess I will let my membership lapse. They are much too frustrating to work with.

cxr

Reaction score
I tried to call RCI and get the $90 rate for two years and was told that Grand Pacific Resorts pays my membership. I do not even own at a GPR resort. My Olympic Resort has been getting a lot of these calls from people like me. They do not pay our membership fees and they do not offer this as an option when paying your maintenance fees. RCI rep to call me. I have been on the phone most of the morning with RCI and cannot get good rate or even renew at any rate. I guess I will let my membership lapse. They are much too frustrating to work with.

does anyone knows what happens to a banked week if you let your membership expire? last year i banked a week and have not made an exchange yet and my RCI membership expires in April.