• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval International Renewal???

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I wondered if any of you might be able to help me with my query? We have owned our MVCI for 4 and a half years and took out a 5 year membership with II. We used to love II before DVC pulled out, DC started and before the kids started school. Now, it feels like money down the toilet (though would be great if we were not tied to the school vacations or were in the US - non Marriott resorts in the II system are not great quality in Europe).

We largely use our unit, or exchange with owners in the other European resorts, or trade for points. I wondered, if we allowed our membership to lapse and then in 3 years time if we wanted to trade into the states, could we simply re-enroll with II? Does anyone know? Has anyone done this?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don't plan to exchange through II, you don't have to renew membership.
I would try direct exchange with other Marriott owners through TUG market place.

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd also say if you no longer need it now, you might be able to cancel it and request a refund for your unused time.

If/when you did rejoin, I don't know if you'd keep your old member number, and list of resort weeks, or if you'd basically need to apply as a new member.

Jeff

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I talked to an II rep last time, they said you can keep old member number when open an II account later again with the same resort. If you have a different resort, you will get a new II account number.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I talked to an II rep last time, they said you can keep old member number when open an II account later again with the same resort. If you have a different resort, you will get a new II account number.

When II customer relations closed my 15+ year II account lady month, lady said they would not be able to re-open/re-use my account if I ever wanted to start up membership again.

Last edited:

JimC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - AKV, BCV, OKW, VGC; Marriott - Canyon Villas/Shadow Ridge, Cypress Harbour
I doubt they would refuse anyone who pays the membership fee, even a former member. I'm not planning to renew my membership since my last trade was three years ago.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I doubt they would refuse anyone who pays the membership fee, even a former member. I'm not planning to renew my membership since my last trade was three years ago.

I agree. Let the II account laps, even ask for a refund of fees paid. They will happily take money later to sign the OP up again in the future. Old account number or new, it really doesn't matter.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Are you not interested in trading for US resorts? Over the three years that we've owned Harbour Lake we've exchanged it for Fairway Villa's, Village D'ile De France and now Grande Ocean. All were during the school holidays.

I know flights are exorbitant during the holidays hence we aim to visit the states every other year and is the reason why we've bought a Playa Andaluza week however I enjoy the flexibility and options that II provides.

I agree that European TS (Marriott being the exception) are generally poor and that's been a big disappointment and I really feel that some companies are missing a big opportunity over here.

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
Thanks folks, I really do not think II is for us. Once the kids are grown and flown the nest, then it will likely make sense again. But I have not traded in about 3 years and getaways are worthless to us in the school vacations.

I don't want to miss out in the future though. It is useful for travel to the US mvci (or at least it was before DC started, not sure now).

But at the mo, I want european trips and if we spend on long haul it will be on Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and China (though when the time is right, we will take the kids to Williamsburg).