• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

wwtpshares OK by me

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've read a lot negative things about this seller (not doubting any buyers stories) but I would like to post a positive about them. Very professional and efficient. Right about 10 weeks from start to finish of purchase of Wyndham points from them. The last 7 weeks were in Wyndham's hands. Very pleased and would purchase from them again.

Mark

Sorry, It was meant to be wwptshares in title line.

Last edited:

AuntMary

TUG Member
Reaction score
wwtpshares

Did you ever wonder how they get the timeshares that they sell. What did they charge the Owner to "get rid of their timeshares? If you would stop buying from them they would stop taking advantage of timeshare owners.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you ever wonder how they get the timeshares that they sell. What did they charge the Owner to "get rid of their timeshares? If you would stop buying from them they would stop taking advantage of timeshare owners.

Almost everything on ebay comes through the various timeshare relief companies.

No doubt that if we stopped buying from them it would reduce the profits of those companies, but it would be worse for the resorts and other owners because if they (the relief companies) cant sell this stuff, its just abandoned. No mfs get paid and the resorts have to foreclose and then resell, an expensive time consuming proposition; at a lot of resorts the result is increased fees for the remaining owners. At least when I buy from them the mfs get paid

The solution is not as you suggest. A better approach I think would be if the resorts would institute their own buy back program. They could put the relief companies out of business.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score

No doubt that if we stopped buying from them it would reduce the profits of those companies, but it would be worse for the resorts and other owners because if they (the relief companies) cant sell this stuff, its just abandoned. No mfs get paid and the resorts have to foreclose and then resell, an expensive time consuming proposition; at a lot of resorts the result is increased fees for the remaining owners. At least when I buy from them the mfs get paid

The solution is not as you suggest. A better approach I think would be if the resorts would institute their own buy back program. They could put the relief companies out of business.

I agree. I really do not understand why the resorts don't at least have a take back program. If the relief companies can get $2k or so upfront, why can't the resorts charge to take back paid for inventory? I seriously doubt it would hurt upfront sales (ebay and tug haven't killed them yet), and it would give the developers more inventory to sell at ridiculous prices. For resorts no longer actively selling inventory it is more problematic, but I would think Wyndham and Marriott would jump on this as a major revenue stream. Then again logic and timeshare sales don't often go hand in hand.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then again logic and timeshare sales don't often go hand in hand.

Indeed! Here is a prime example.

I bought a unit at a resort for $700 that doesn't take back deeds. They do however sell the foreclosures for very high prices. The unit I purchased for $700 they sell for $10,000. I am selling it on my own right now for $6,000. This begs a very big question of, why in the world did this prior owner have to pay a relief company to get rid of it??? Why wouldn't the resort at least take it for free?

It makes no sense...

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've read a lot negative things about this seller (not doubting any buyers stories) but I would like to post a positive about them. Very professional and efficient. Right about 10 weeks from start to finish of purchase of Wyndham points from them. The last 7 weeks were in Wyndham's hands. Very pleased and would purchase from them again.

Mark

Sorry, It was meant to be wwptshares in title line.

It's all fine and dandy when nothing does wrong. Why wouldn't it be? That may happen a few times in a row. Then when you get a really bad one you find out they are not nearly as "professional" as they seemed when everything lined up. If that happens to you your tune will change and you will never, ever deal with them again. Trust me.

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
I bought a very low cost week from these folks about a year ago, before there were a lot of posts about them and when their #of ebay sales were very low.

Long story short, the week eventually transferred, but I found the title company to be a joke. I ended up with more RCI points than advertised, so that was a bonus. The paperwork was "lost" a couple of times and I really had to push to get the week transferred.

I've recently seen a couple of their higher priced listings that I've been interested, but wouldn't send them serious money.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's all fine and dandy when nothing does wrong. Why wouldn't it be? That may happen a few times in a row. Then when you get a really bad one you find out they are not nearly as "professional" as they seemed when everything lined up. If that happens to you your tune will change and you will never, ever deal with them again. Trust me.

I suppose it's good for me that I won't get to this point. This is the last purchase for me (from any seller) as I have all the points that I need going forward. I will consider myself lucky. Just wanted to post a positive experience with this seller (my first and last). They have been beaten up on these TUG boards by a few and I though it necessary to let others know that they are not that bad. They did a great job for me. Fact is, I didn't even give them positive feedback on Ebay. Didn't do so within the time restraints. Wish I would have though but wanted to wait until things were finalized before doing so.

Mark

Mark

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suppose it's good for me that I won't get to this point. This is the last purchase for me (from any seller) as I have all the points that I need going forward. I will consider myself lucky. Just wanted to post a positive experience with this seller (my first and last). They have been beaten up on these TUG boards by a few and I though it necessary to let others know that they are not that bad. They did a great job for me. Fact is, I didn't even give them positive feedback on Ebay. Didn't do so within the time restraints. Wish I would have though but wanted to wait until things were finalized before doing so.

Mark

Mark

Stopping at one? I have the disease.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stopping at one? I have the disease.

Yep. This puts me at 322K even yr. points, which is plenty. In fact, I've owned 154K even yr pts for about 12 yrs (resale of course) and have only made two Wyndham reservations, both at Royal Vista. I had always banked them with RCI during the 28K, 42K days. Now I have some points banked with RCI with the new points system and don't like it. Certainly not the deal that it used to be. So I WILL be using these points from here on out.

Mark

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
So a rare great experience.:clap:

I guess I should say thanks for sharing, but my personal experience was so the opposite, I think the chances of a quick close and transfer is so unique, your post is not going to change any minds about the company.

If you have a great experience--good for you. But be warned, any who would read this feedback, many of us have not had a great experience.

I also think the entire bunch of sellers in this group lack intelligence because they block people who merely make a joke on TUG because they don't understand irony and sarcasm. That was NOT me.

Blocking people from bidding is really moronic in the first place because what if a blocked bidder wanted a unit enough to give them a chance, but discovered she was blocked by the seller. I decided I wanted to take a chance to possibly have a different outcome (happy buyer), but they blocked me from bidding. So it was a stupid move. What would I say if they closed a week in a month for me? I wouldn't be bashing them anymore and might even defend them.:eek: I have quite a few posts on TUG, so I think that could have helped their bids, which are low, and there is good reason for that. I actually bought the week [I attempted to bid of theirs] elsewhere.

So yeah, your post doesn't really change MY mind in any way. :rofl:

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
So a rare great experience.:clap:

I guess I should say thanks for sharing, but my personal experience was so the opposite, I think the chances of a quick close and transfer is so unique, your post is not going to change any minds about the company.

If you have a great experience--good for you. But be warned, any who would read this feedback, many of us have not had a great experience.

I also think the entire bunch of sellers in this group lack intelligence because they block people who merely make a joke on TUG because they don't understand irony and sarcasm. That was NOT me.

Blocking people from bidding is really moronic in the first place because what if a blocked bidder wanted a unit enough to give them a chance, but discovered she was blocked by the seller. I decided I wanted to take a chance to possibly have a different outcome (happy buyer), but they blocked me from bidding. So it was a stupid move. What would I say if they closed a week in a month for me? I wouldn't be bashing them anymore and might even defend them.:eek: I have quite a few posts on TUG, so I think that could have helped their bids, which are low, and there is good reason for that. I actually bought the week [I attempted to bid of theirs] elsewhere.

So yeah, your post doesn't really change MY mind in any way. :rofl:

Again, this is my first time dealing with this seller. I do not plan on purchasing any additional Wyndham points from them or any other seller. I will say once more that this deal was flawless and I would recommend wwptshares. OK, here is where I need some help.

I just checked their Ebay feedback. 97% positive out of 202. My math says that only 6 people of the 202 have been dissatisfied. (Perhaps you and five of your TUG friends complete this list??)

I'm sorry that some of you haven't had good experiences with this seller. I did.

Final thought. My post was never intended to change YOUR mind in any way. I thought it was appropriate to let everyone know of my positive experience.

Mark

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Again, this is my first time dealing with this seller. I do not plan on purchasing any additional Wyndham points from them or any other seller. I will say once more that this deal was flawless and I would recommend wwptshares. OK, here is where I need some help.

I just checked their Ebay feedback. 97% positive out of 202. My math says that only 6 people of the 202 have been dissatisfied. (Perhaps you and five of your TUG friends complete this list??)

I'm sorry that some of you haven't had good experiences with this seller. I did.

Final thought. My post was never intended to change YOUR mind in any way. I thought it was appropriate to let everyone know of my positive experience.

Mark

Mark, let me educate you on the reality of ebay feedback ratings, especially when it comes to timeshare sellers.

First, this is a very old seller who started using an older lesser used ebay ID. Why? Because the others were getting a reputation as one of the world's worst.

Second, 25% of the ratings are from wwptshares as a buyer, not a seller. Why? Because a common mass seller ebay tactic is to buy really cheap items in order to boost the overall rating. It has absolutely no bearing on the credibility as a seller of timeshares.

Lastly, and very importantly, no legitimate bad timeshare deal realizes itself within the ebay feedback time limit. It is impossible to leave deserved negative feedback. By the time you give them ample time to handle the deal, it's too late to leave any feedback.

Don't kid yourself. You aren't the first one to experience a flawless timeshare transaction from this seller. It takes almost no work on their part when everything ended up as advertised. But being the recipient of such a deal in no way gives you any credibility on recommending wwptshares as a reputable seller. It's not the 60,70, 80, or 90% of "flawless" transactions that determine their "reputation". It's how they handle the bad ones. In this area they fail miserably.

Last edited:

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mark, let me educate you on the reality of ebay feedback ratings, especially when it comes to timeshare sellers.

First, this is a very old seller who started using an older lesser used ebay ID. Why? Because the others were getting a reputation as one of the world's worst.

Second, 25% of the ratings are from wwptshares as a buyer, not a seller. Why? Because a common mass seller ebay tactic is to buy really cheap items in order to boost the overall rating. It has absolutely no bearing on the credibility as a seller of timeshares.

Lastly, and very importantly, no legitimate bad timeshare deal realizes itself within the ebay feedback time limit. It is impossible to leave deserved negative feedback. By the time you give them ample time to handle the deal, it's too late to leave any feedback.

Don't kid yourself. You aren't the first one to experience a flawless timeshare transaction from this seller. It takes almost no work on their part when everything ended up as advertised. But being the recipient of such a deal in no way gives you any credibility on recommending wwptshares as a reputable seller. It's not the 60,70, 80, or 90% of "flawless" transactions that determine their "reputation". It's how they handle the bad ones. In this area they fail miserably.

Now you are making me wish that I had a bad experience with them so I could piss and moan with the rest of you. Naah. I will remember my good experience and move on. Thanks, but I don't need an education from you.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Now you are making me wish that I had a bad experience with them so I could piss and moan with the rest of you. Naah. I will remember my good experience and move on. Thanks, but I don't need an education from you.

Glad you had a great experience. It takes so long to close most, and that is why they have very few negative feedback. People assume things will go well after initial contact, post positive feedback, then it takes forever to get the week (or they never get it).

I am hoping this seller's closing company gets better but most people buy once and never again. That keeps their auctions low, so it's worth a try for those who are willing to chance it, but as others said already, buying a pricey timeshare from them could be a huge mistake in judgment.

Most of the eBay buyers are on TUG. :rofl:

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

If the relief companies went out of business I wouldn't own most of the timeshares I own. If someone agrees to pay a company to relieve them of their timeshare then that's their decision. Some people just want to be done with paying maintenance fees on timeshares they will never use or timeshares that are worth practically nothing. I've bought from developers and I have been given a timeshare here on
TUG. But anything else was purchased resale on eBay and probably from a postcard company.

The statement above is in NO WAY pertinent to this seller. I was just reacting to a a comment made by a poster who said that buying from a postcard company was a bad thing to do.

I have never had dealings with the seller you mentioned. I have steered clear due to the negative reaction of my fellow Tuggers.

Last edited: