• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exploring options to sell two smaller contracts

3djl

Reaction score
I have 133000 points through a fixed week in Flagstaff and 49000 through UDI with a Myrtle Beach property. Haven’t tried to sell them yet, but want to sell together and want to know if I’ll have to pay two escrow fees. Also have some RCI points from prior year exchange expiring this year and haven’t used 2014 Wyndham points yet. Do people typically hold on to these or give them as extra incentive when parting with the properties? I’ve read articles about selling on ebay. Do I just look at pricing suggestions on the Flagstaff since that is the larger number of points or the Myrtle Beach since that appears to be the more attractive property? Any suggestions on which escrow company to use?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You might just want to save yourself some time -- giving them away might be the best alternative. Here on TUG there is a SECTION called Bargain Deals --- $1 free stuff. Post it free there.

Wyndham will charge someone $299 to transfer each contract plus there is a recording fee for the deed and a closing fee of $125-150 per deed. Escrow is just NOT needed - there is NO real value. Legal Timeshare Transfer is a closing company who can most like handle all this for you (that is where my $125-150 figure comes from).

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 133000 points through a fixed week in Flagstaff and 49000 through UDI with a Myrtle Beach property. Haven’t tried to sell them yet, but want to sell together and want to know if I’ll have to pay two escrow fees. ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Assuming you can find a single buyer for both.

You might find a closing company that will handle both for a single (increase) fee, but understand there will be two deeds prepared and recorded and two $299 Wyndham transfer fees to be paid.

3djl

Reaction score
Thank you both for the quick replies...Sad, but not surprised...

If I give them away, do I still have access to the RCI points i booked or once I get out of the contracts do I lose my RCI points and privileges??

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I give them away, do I still have access to the RCI points i booked or once I get out of the contracts do I lose my RCI points and privileges??

I'm assuming that perhaps you mean banked points, as opposed to a booked reservation somewhere? If so, those banked points will remain yours until they (or your current RCI membership) expire, whichever occurs first --- unless you overtly choose to just transfer those banked points over to a new recipient.

Understand and accept btw that you might well actually have to offer to transfer those banked points to entice a new willing recipient to take over your ownership(s). There would also be a (relatively small) cost imposed by RCI to effect any such transfer. Bear in mind that neither one of your contracts standing alone constitutes a whole lot of Wyndham points. A typical 2BR unit / week at even an older Wyndham resort, for example, would "cost" 182,000 points --- more at a newer facility --- and many prospective recipients would indeed likely be looking for that 2BR capability. Your two contracts combined are 182,000 Wyndham points.

In any case, as already noted, Wyndham is going to extort collect $299 per deed from someone (i.e., either from you or from the new recipient) to process the transfers, even if both contracts go to one person. That's a minimum $600 cost after separate deed preparation and recording costs. Escrow won't be necessary or applicable here; unfortunately, escrow is a moot point.

I'm sure that none of the above is at all what you really want to hear, but I believe it to be nonetheless true and correct. Please don't shoot the messenger. Good luck.

Last edited: