• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do I Need a Marriott?

OnMedic

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own HGVC and DVC. DVC we never use outside the DVC resorts, and HGVC is great but lacking locations.

The HGVC affiliates are VERY "Hit & Miss", with us rarely getting what we desire. I even called about the Club Intrawest in Palm Desert and were told there is no availability until next March. However, when trying to set-up a direct exchange with a CI owner, she said there is lots availability for January when we were looking to reserve... to make a long story short, any date they desired at an HGVC affilliate in return were not available. ARHHH

So, I utilized my parent's Horizon Orlando ownership to search II. WOW!!! They paid $2,500 for a EOY 2BR Gold L/O and It pulled lots of good stuff! We ended up booking:

Platinum Wk 2 - 2BR Shadow Ridge with the Horizon 1BR; and
Platinum Wk 3 - Studio Desert Springs with the Hotizon Studio

Does anyone have economical suggestions for an EOY Platinum 2BR L/O? What would fetch us a summer Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach Marriott exchange?

Cheers

Last edited:

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Manor Club Sequel if they sell them, but I've never seen one in resale.

wuv pooh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Canyon Villas Platinum in Arizona might get it done and I believe they sold those as EOY. I would not expect to use the lock off option and get the beach in summer, unless you can go on short notice in flextime. Marriott resorts in HH are 2bd so you probably need to trade the whole 2bd to have a good shot.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I own at Manor Club, Canyon Villas and BeachPlace. The lowest lockoff prices are BeachPlace but the place is pretty run down. Location wise, it is a great urban beach area with lots to do a walk away...and you can pick one up for $12k ... and I don't think they exercise ROFR at that price for some reason. I suspect that, as a beach location, MBP might outpull MSE (the Manor Club lockoff that sells resale about the same price) if there is such a thing as trading power. Canyon Villas resales are higher ... and you can't drive to it in a pinch.

Brian

OnMedic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian!

I don't really want to drive anywhere right now. Landed YYZ at 1700 and just got back into Kitchener at 2020. Traffic was pretty much parket on the 401.

I still would rather purchase something decent and not run down, but also just looking for an EOY as it will be suplementing/diversify our 10,000 HGVC pts, and 150 DVC pts. It may actually end up being more then we will use for now, but I really like the II exchanges even the Horizon Gold pulled.

So consesus seems to be Canyon or Manor Club Sequel to have any chance of jumping on a Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach exchange. Do both of these come in L/O EOY?

CHeers

JimIg23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian!

So consesus seems to be Canyon or Manor Club Sequel to have any chance of jumping on a Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach exchange. Do both of these come in L/O EOY?

CHeers

I have yet to see an EOY MSE anywhere for resale in the past four months. I don't know about Canyon.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Desert springs I sold some platinum EOY and it has no ROFR. About a year or so ago I saw one on ebay. I think it went for around $5-6K. My Gold Shadow Ridge has got me everywhere I wanted to go so far except FSA in summer( which I now know is not possible).

Good Luck

Pam