• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Phone?

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I just want a new cellphone. Don't care about internet usage. Clear calls, camera, easy to text. Don't want to pay for it either. Right now I can get one of the following -

Impulse 4G
Samsung Captivate
Blackberry Curve (9300)
HTC Inspire

I have read some reviews but they seem to be more focused on the media aspects rather than the phone. Any pros/cons?

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
based on your list, I assume you are on AT&T. Based on my experience, I'd say switch to Verizon. I am not a cellular expert, or from your area, but if you are suggesting that you need to find a phone that will provide clear calls, maybe you haven't been getting clear calls with AT&T.

I'd also stay away from Blackberry for now. The company (RIM) isn't doing so hot, and their models are much older than other phones.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you considered a pay-as-you-go phone plan? AT&T's Go-Phones are simple, work on their network and you are not committed to a monthly bill. The display tells you how many minutes you have available and it can be easily 'recharged'.

Jim