• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] Just lost my reservation when I tried to cancel & rebook

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did someone just loose a Royal Vista 2/2 week with a checkin for Feb 16?

THANK YOU --- it found a great home!

Jason,
I do have a heart.

If you or someone you know lost this reservation, I have a STUDIO at Wyndham Santa Barbara across the street. Being homeless on a holiday week, is no fun.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I am not a troll. Segmentation of inventories is not particular new within the Wyndham system and has been discussed in other threads. Also, "In the standard window, none of it matters" is just another version of a Wyndham Point is a Wyndham point. This to has been discussed in a number of other threads. If certain postions are not held, I guess one has to have a thick skin to participate in this forum.

"In the standard window, none of it matters" is just another version of a Wyndham Point is a Wyndham point. This to has been discussed in a number of other threads. If certain postions are not held, I guess one has to have a thick skin to participate in this forum.

and the guys that held the "flat earth" position I guess had to have thick skin too.

Robert...You are free to have a different opinion, but facts are facts...You cant just make them up...If you would base your positions on the facts, rather than the lies and half truths spouted by the sales staff. (and then adding your own non sequiturs) You would find an audience here, much more willing to entertain your point of view

Last edited:

antjmar

Reaction score
Or, as at least one has speculated, there is a built in delay of some sort under some conditions. For what ever reason, it does not hurt to try a couple of other times different ways.

It does appear some sort of delay may have been added. My limited experience with cancel and rebook has been that they have always come back instantly. This last time it wasnt there.:confused:
It is a prime week so it may have been someone else grabbed and it and later changed their mind. But based on the experiences of others here I have a feeling a "delay" after a cancellation might be coming in the future.

lcml11

Reaction score
It does appear some sort of delay may have been added. My limited experience with cancel and rebook has been that they have always come back instantly. This last time it wasnt there.:confused:
It is a prime week so it may have been someone else grabbed and it and later changed their mind. But based on the experiences of others here I have a feeling a "delay" after a cancellation might be coming in the future.

Again, congratulations on getting the reservation back. I think people will do well saving their cancel rebook reservation under that procedure even if a delay has been added. Just try a few more times a few different ways.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score

Right now the delay is 16 seconds as long as their system isn't lagging. I have had some not come back up for about a min and a half but the system was also lagging at the time.

Jason

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
I lost one last night. It was for a friend and now I am renting a unit (thank goodness I found one) from someone on redweek.com and am losing $100 and sleep over it. I have never lost one before. :( it was a two bedroom, checking in March 31 for 7 nights at Bonnet Creek.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
I lost one last night. It was for a friend and now I am renting a unit (thank goodness I found one) from someone on redweek.com and am losing $100 and sleep over it. I have never lost one before. :( it was a two bedroom, checking in March 31 for 7 nights at Bonnet Creek.

I have experience the following at Bonnet Creek. It may happen elsewhere as well.

In the evening I have cancelled a reservation, and it does not reappear that evening. However, it or something similar appears online when Wyndham opens the next morning.

So, if you lose a reservation, be an early bird, and look for it the following morning. It just might reappear.

Jim

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I would guess Easter week at BC is one of the easiest to lose, though.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

Personally, for a holiday week, I would not risk it. But keep checking back, especially at the 45 day mark and 30 day mark again.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
I ended up booking the same size and dates from a guy on redweek. I lost $115 (he is charging $100 more than I was asking and I had to renew my redweek account for $15) and now I am going to worry for the next 60 days. I have never had this happen. I am just darn lucky that I found one to rent for them and that I am not losing more than the $115 that I am out, (I will not charge my friends more for my loss.) I just am going to have to start charging more and not count on a discount. I am hoping to rent out a week this summer to other friends to use up the points.

I talked to a guy who does a lot of bonnet Creek rentals today. (I had called to check if he had anything he could rent me.) He told me that his experience is that at 59 days out a lot of the units don't make it into the system once cancelled; they go to Extra Holidays immediately. He lost a couple that way too.

I blew it with this unit. It won't be something I would risk again for someone else's vacation. I was near panic lat night. I did check at 7:00 on the dot and no units were in there. I checked for a solid two hours continuously last night.

Scotty J

Reaction score
Has anyone been losing cancel/rebook reservations when using the call center to do it?
Scott

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I ended up booking the same size and dates from a guy on redweek. I lost $115 (he is charging $100 more than I was asking and I had to renew my redweek account for $15) and now I am going to worry for the next 60 days. I have never had this happen. I am just darn lucky that I found one to rent for them and that I am not losing more than the $115 that I am out, (I will not charge my friends more for my loss.)

I lost a BC unit over the New Year trying to get the points discount but, with about 20 days out numerous units become available. It seemed like the units that were not rented popped up and I even got a upgrade to a 3br. Since your reservation was for someone else you did not have the luxury to wait last minute. I bet if you start looking at 20 days out to 16 days out you will see units pop up.
Don

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
I lost a BC unit over the New Year trying to get the points discount but, with about 20 days out numerous units become available. It seemed like the units that were not rented popped up and I even got a upgrade to a 3br. Since your reservation was for someone else you did not have the luxury to wait last minute. I bet if you start looking at 20 days out to 16 days out you will see units pop up.
Don
Yes, if it was for us, I would wing it with a back up, but since this is for. Friend who already has tickets, etc., I couldn't. It was a foolish mistake to do it and I will now be very cautious!

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, if it was for us, I would wing it with a back up, but since this is for. Friend who already has tickets, etc., I couldn't. It was a foolish mistake to do it and I will now be very cautious!

When I do this for ourselves or someone else, I always book a backup room in case I lose one. If you have extra points (and early in the year) you may want to book 2 rooms of the size they are wanting. That way if you lose the first one, you don't take the chance on the 2nd one.

Jason

ddavid1073

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question

Could someone explain the strategy to me? I understand that there is a discount at some point (is it 60, 45 or 30 days) prior to the reservation. I have a week booked at Royal Sea Cliffs in Hawaii in October. If it comes down to the discount window and there are still rooms available is the strategy that I can and rebook and then have some extra points to use on a short weekend stay? I understand the strategy failed for the poster but they were counting on canceling and rebooking their same condo. If there are still condo's available is it then "safe" to use this strategy. Thanks so much for any incite you can give me. This board is an invaluable find for me. I'm fairly new to timesharing but bought my three timeshares on Ebay for under $1000 including closing and transfer costs.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Could someone explain the strategy to me? I understand that there is a discount at some point (is it 60, 45 or 30 days) prior to the reservation. ........... I'm fairly new to timesharing but bought my three timeshares on Ebay for under $1000 including closing and transfer costs.

ddavid -- there is NO DISCOUNT window unless YOU are a VIP owner or your resort and timeframe are in the RESORT SPECIALS section of the online reservation system.

antjmar

Reaction score
Could someone explain the strategy to me? I understand that there is a discount at some point (is it 60, 45 or 30 days) prior to the reservation. I have a week booked at Royal Sea Cliffs in Hawaii in October. If it comes down to the discount window and there are still rooms available is the strategy that I can and rebook and then have some extra points to use on a short weekend stay? I understand the strategy failed for the poster but they were counting on canceling and rebooking their same condo. If there are still condo's available is it then "safe" to use this strategy. Thanks so much for any incite you can give me. This board is an invaluable find for me. I'm fairly new to timesharing but bought my three timeshares on Ebay for under $1000 including closing and transfer costs.
This strategy for the discounts is for VIP's since you bought resale you wouldn't qualify. Sometimes you will see discounts for everyone if you do then you can cancel and rebook to get discount.

ddavid1073

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for much for your reply (and yours too Vacationhopeful). To get to VIP Wyndham Sales Reps offered me contracts in the 12 to 15K range. Based on most of the posts I see I think I'll stick with my resale contracts especially when I see what the resale value is!