• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need to understand Points systems [Worldmark]

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
If they need to fit a family of 8 in weekend stays, planning far in advance is key. Since their kids are in many activities, chances are, they will need to cancel/reschedule many of their stays. My daughter was busy every weekend all 4 years of high school - they'd even throw in "mandatory" practices during all holiday breaks. At that time, we couldn't do any weekends away. We could do one planned vacation, which was planned well in advance and she was "excused" because it was planned months in advance and was such a rare thing. Not sure if that family will have as rigorous of a schedule as my kids did in high school, but at least my second one had summers and true holidays off.

With WM, when you book 13 months in advance, you have to book a minimum of 7 nights. You can book shorter stays 10 months out, but any popular places will be booked and they will need to use the wait list. There is some work involved in getting the popular reservations. They may be better off renting from owners for a few times to see how it works out. There are plenty of owners who have too many points and they will gladly put in a wait list for someone else and/or log into the site many times per day to try to grab something.

EDIT TO ADD: They might also want to check out bypassing timeshares altogether and stay at Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites. They are very similar to timeshares, but you get a hot breakfast every day and daily housekeeping. Embassy has free cocktails in the evening. Homewood has full kitchens.

This sounds a lot like them. The second oldest child is an amazing dancer, who performs with a local dance troupe. They're always performing somewhere around town, or traveling to competitions and such. Emma is probably their best overall performer and she really likes it. I won't be surprised if she tries to have a career on stage. She's "that" good.

Your point about renting is also a great idea. Once I get my head around all these tips and ideas, I'll be able to sit with my friends and discuss things with them, and help them figure out what they want to do.

Dave

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
need to understand point system (worldmark)

Your friends to need to spend time reading this forum and www.wmowners.com. They have to decide for themselves.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Your friends to need to spend time reading this forum and www.wmowners.com. They have to decide for themselves.

I totally agree. But if I can help save them from extraneous reading, or help direct their learning in a way that will work for them, it'll be better for them. I've known these people since the older kids were in diapers. Even though I'm not related, I'm the "smart uncle" to the family. So I want to help them decide correctly. :)

Dave

tturla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot

This the best place to go to learn how to use Worldmark
WorldMark Timeshare Information
www.wmtsinfo.com

This site is the work of Fred Greeb who posts here and on the Worldmark Facebook group and its where I leaned everything I know about Worldmark

Another old post, but trying to learn the VERY BASIC OF WM before I potentially purchase. That linked www.wmtsinfo.com no longer exist. Any place/website/thread that teaches the basics of WM? Confusing concepts regarding banking points. Available points. Future points. Renting points. Lending points out and value of points at various time period etc. waitlisting. Reserving etc. anniversary dates etc.
I’ve tried the wmowners website and tough to find the basics/foundation of Worldmark ownership.
Thanks!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
This thread is awesome. I'd forgotten I even started it. And here I am, two and half years later, waiting for my own WM purchase to close. Tuggers are so amazing. We should start a club. LOL!

They didn't buy WorldMark, but my friends who inspired this thread ended up buying Wyndham points - a bunch of them, I think. They won't talk about what they did, (I think they're a bit embarrassed), but I think they got sucked in by a presentation on a trip to Maui. They can afford it, so I'm not overly concerned for them. They're wonderful people who are the epitome of a nuclear family. They'll be fine.

Dave

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Another old post, but trying to learn the VERY BASIC OF WM before I potentially purchase. That linked www.wmtsinfo.com no longer exist. Any place/website/thread that teaches the basics of WM? Confusing concepts regarding banking points. Available points. Future points. Renting points. Lending points out and value of points at various time period etc. waitlisting. Reserving etc. anniversary dates etc.
I’ve tried the wmowners website and tough to find the basics/foundation of Worldmark ownership.
Thanks!
Start <<here>>, perhaps? (Link goes to Sticky at the top of TUG's forum for WM discussions.)

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
This is a link to a very basic overview of WorldMark:

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/worldmark-the-club-timeshare-information-overview.html

This is a link to the WorldMark Guidelines for more in-depth study:

https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/board/info/pdfs/WM_Club_Guidelines.pdf

WorldMark offers a lot of flexibility and options versus a full-week timeshare. It takes a few readings of the Guidelines to understand them.