• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grocery stores near Orange Lake River Island

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We check into Orange Lake River Island this coming Saturday. Are there nearby grocery stores and such? We plan to visit Orlando Costco on Sunday to stock up, but we'll need to pick up a few supplies on Saturday evening. We'll have a car. Any ideas or recommendations?

Dave

jesuis1837

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to Orange Lake next month so, like you BMW, i'm all ears!:D Arriving very late Saturday we will have to hit the stores sunday morning...

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Publix

There is a Publix grocery store right outside the gate closest to River Island.

Nancy

mrsstats

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In addition to the Publix, there is a super Target right across the street. Just opened in March. Prices are a few cents higher than Walmart.

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
In addition to the Publix, there is a super Target right across the street. Just opened in March. Prices are a few cents higher than Walmart.

In addition to Publix which is at the East Orange Lake Blvd and the Super Target across the highway (exiting Orange Lake using the East Orange Lake Blvd you just go straight across 192), you can head a few miles east on 192 until you get to 27, head north, turn right at the first light and you are now at Walmart. It is probably 6 or 7 miles from the resort. No as close as Publix or Super Target but it is always good to know the options.

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
we just returned from OL. We ended up buying at Publix, where we have shopped for years. It had a much much better selection than the new Super Target. I also would say the Publix prices were in line with our pricing here at home.

Plus you just can't beat the convenience. It's just outside the gate.:wave:

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
we just returned from OL. We ended up buying at Publix, where we have shopped for years. It had a much much better selection than the new Super Target. I also would say the Publix prices were in line with our pricing here at home.

Plus you just can't beat the convenience. It's just outside the gate.:wave:

Publix is okay, but I find myself going to the Walmart mostly because although most grocery stores have the same items, there are different sizes sometimes found at other stores and the prices of things on sale can make a difference. It is good to have choices. I am heading to OLCC tonight and will be there tomorrow.

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
ooh have a great time Gary. We did.:cheer: The weather was awesome. Hot but little to no humidity. And most importantly...not a drop of rain.:banana:

I've never been in a Walmart so I can't comment on it. I had no idea that Walmart even sold groceries!:shrug:

We stayed in the North Village this time. Beautiful unit...and for some odd reason....no early morning lawn maintenance. YAY

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
hey Tony! :wave:

They appeared out of the blue a couple of days before we left. So there were not lot's......YET......LOL

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
ooh have a great time Gary. We did.:cheer: The weather was awesome. Hot but little to no humidity. And most importantly...not a drop of rain.:banana:

I've never been in a Walmart so I can't comment on it. I had no idea that Walmart even sold groceries!:shrug:

We stayed in the North Village this time. Beautiful unit...and for some odd reason....no early morning lawn maintenance. YAY

OMG!!! There actually exists a person who has never been to Walmart!!!????? I thought that was virtually impossible!!! I thought EVERYONE has been to Walmart at some time or another. Wow!!!! And you didn't even know they sold groceries!!! Unbelievable!!!! I wonder how many more people are like you out there!!! I just find that so hysterical because I thought everyone went to Walmart!!!! Too funny!!!

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG!!! There actually exists a person who has never been to Walmart!!!????? I thought that was virtually impossible!!! I thought EVERYONE has been to Walmart at some time or another. Wow!!!! And you didn't even know they sold groceries!!! Unbelievable!!!! I wonder how many more people are like you out there!!! I just find that so hysterical because I thought everyone went to Walmart!!!! Too funny!!!

:rofl: yeah...we are out there. No one in my family has ever gone into one...now that I'm thinking about it. I guess we don't understand the concept?:shrug:

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to a couple OR some kind of bug? If a bug -- what kind of bugs are these?

flies....little black flies that are in the mating process. The female is larger...so she basically drags the male around at whim. The poor guy spends his time flying backwards.:hysterical:

They are thick in May. Splattered all over windshields and grills.:(

Jamerican71

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a google search and the love bugs seem kind of similar to the cicadas that came to my area (Maryland). More of a nuisance then anything else. I'm glad I'm going in June so I won't have to be bothered by them.

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a google search and the love bugs seem kind of similar to the cicadas that came to my area (Maryland). More of a nuisance then anything else. I'm glad I'm going in June so I won't have to be bothered by them.

I have never been in June...so I don't know if they are still swarming then or not.:shrug:

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any of the love bugs.

I am in one of the older Golf Villas. It has not been renovated yet. Other than the bathroom being small, I've never understood why people didn't like these more. It is so nice to be able to drive up to the villas and to sit outside or walk on the grass. I miss these when I stay at River Island. It is very peaceful at the location I'm at making a very relaxing vacation.

I've been to the new SuperTarget. It's okay but I ran into a number of people who wanted to talk politics in the store (shoppers) - I thought the election was over:D. Living near the DC area, people look at you strange whenever you say hello out of the blue to somebody that you don't know whereas back home (Northern Minnesota), it was considered rude not saying hello. It was actually kind of nice to be able to strike up conversations with me that I didn't know.