• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free- Foxrun Week 23

headoflife

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still available

First use will be in 2014, unless someone else knows how to transfer a week in II, or you can move very quickly, as we will be paying the fees and depositing in the next week to take advantage of a bonus week offer.

2 bedroom and a great trader in II. Resort is being upgraded and has been given a upgrade in ranking in RCI, but I am not sure if that has improved its trade power, as I do not have an RCI account. MF actually went down in 2013, and are $650/yr.

Let me knwo if you are interested!

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluewater, Southwind, Cottages, Coral Sands, Players Club, Branson, Grandview, Silver Lake, and about 950K RCI points.
I am a Fox Run owner and am interested in your week. I have a question--- is Fox Run still considered a Wyndham development---- as in what right do they have in charging a $299. extortion fee ??

While in a recent Wyndham sales meeting, they were trying to bump me to gold--- but had no record of my Fox Run ownership. This is the reason for my question. Anybody ??

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Fox Run owner and am interested in your week. I have a question--- is Fox Run still considered a Wyndham development---- as in what right do they have in charging a $299. extortion fee ??

While in a recent Wyndham sales meeting, they were trying to bump me to gold--- but had no record of my Fox Run ownership. This is the reason for my question. Anybody ??
Assuming we are talking about Foxrun in NC (there is also a Fox Run resort in another state), the resort was built by Wyndham (back when it was Fairfield) but the HOA terminated their management contract with Fairfield/Wyndham and VRI now manages this resort. VRI charges a $100 transfer fee.

I sometimes get sales calls from Wyndham claiming I am a Wyndham owner because I own at this resort. I tell them that I am *not* a Wyndham owner and to stop calling me! :annoyed:

And, to answer another question raised on this thread -- II will transfer a week between accounts, or at least give a replacement week with roughly similar trading power. There is no fee for this. I am not sure if an AC (bonus week) can be transferred between accounts.

headoflife

TUG Member
Reaction score
Assuming we are talking about Foxrun in NC (there is also a Fox Run resort in another state), the resort was built by Wyndham (back when it was Fairfield) but the HOA terminated their management contract with Fairfield/Wyndham and VRI now manages this resort. VRI charges a $100 transfer fee.

I sometimes get sales calls from Wyndham claiming I am a Wyndham owner because I own at this resort. I tell them that I am *not* a Wyndham owner and to stop calling me! :annoyed:

And, to answer another question raised on this thread -- II will transfer a week between accounts, or at least give a replacement week with roughly similar trading power. There is no fee for this. I am not sure if an AC (bonus week) can be transferred between accounts.

Thanks Judy!

This week is at Foxrun in Lake Lure, North Carolina, and is still available. I have never paid anything to Wyndham.

Let me know if you are interested! PM or email is best.

Thanks!

headoflife

TUG Member
Reaction score
still available

Pay 2013 fees and use this year, or take over ownership effective 2014. Great trader in II. 19 TPU in RCI. Resort is undergoing improvements and the MF actually went down!

PM or email me!

headoflife

TUG Member
Reaction score
Foxrun still available

I have an offer for an AC if this unit is deposited by February. Great II trader!

headoflife

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still available!

Usage would start 2015- fees still $660 and they are updating the resort all the time. Resort has 2 golf courses, 4 lighted tennis courts, 3 pools, and a lazy river, and activities on the lake!

Great trader in II, and I have always gotten an AC. It can also trade in RCI and VRI-ety, but I have never done so. Have traded for high end resorts like Marriott and Hyatt. I have been sick, and the kids are getting older, so it is getting harder to travel, so I would love someone else to enjoy the week!

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Usage would start 2015- fees still $660 and they are updating the resort all the time. Resort has 2 golf courses, 4 lighted tennis courts, 3 pools, and a lazy river, and activities on the lake!

Great trader in II, and I have always gotten an AC. It can also trade in RCI and VRI-ety, but I have never done so. Have traded for high end resorts like Marriott and Hyatt. I have been sick, and the kids are getting older, so it is getting harder to travel, so I would love someone else to enjoy the week!

Does a Foxrun wk 23 get you Marriott and Hyatt type resorts during prime summer and other seasons when kids are on school vacation? Or, just shoulder and off season exchanges?

headoflife

TUG Member
Reaction score
The unit obviously does not get Marriott preference, but I have always travelled during school breaks, and have gotten these resorts. We stayed at Custom house a couple of summers ago, and at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation over Christmas week. That was after a week in Orlando at the Marriott Grand Vista. I have never stayed anywhere that did not have the gold leaf, or what ever that thing is! :rofl:

I am pretty sure II gives Foxrun great trading power since it is the only property they have in the area, but since they don't use TPU or anything it is hard to know. I also think I might have done even better if I had been better at planning ahead. I was not too good at depositing early, and never even tried to do a request, so all I ever saw was the leftovers, but most of the trades were not during flexchange.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The unit obviously does not get Marriott preference, but I have always travelled during school breaks, and have gotten these resorts. We stayed at Custom house a couple of summers ago, and at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation over Christmas week. That was after a week in Orlando at the Marriott Grand Vista. I have never stayed anywhere that did not have the gold leaf, or what ever that thing is! :rofl:

I am pretty sure II gives Foxrun great trading power since it is the only property they have in the area, but since they don't use TPU or anything it is hard to know. I also think I might have done even better if I had been better at planning ahead. I was not too good at depositing early, and never even tried to do a request, so all I ever saw was the leftovers, but most of the trades were not during flexchange.

That's an excellent update on how Foxrun is working out for you. Why are you giving it away btw? Have you tried putting it on ebay or craigslist since nobody on TUG has grabbed this yet? I have several wks that perform well for me in II, so I don't need another. But having owned Foxrun (and not a prime summer week there) I know the trade power is good in II (not good at all in RCI.) At some point I'm going to be putting weeks on TUG for free, since I now live in a beach area...otherwise I'd be tempted to take this week from you. Good luck!:hi:

headoflife

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carol,

I am hoping to give it away primarily because it has become harder for my family to travel. My DS is now in college in NYC and he is the sort to not miss class. He is a music major, and hopes to spend the next many summers performing at music festivals, so even summer is not ideal. My DD is in high school for 2 more years, and her time off, other than summer and the week of Christmas, does not overlap with his. Add to that the need to spend money on our travel to NYC and tuition, and the money would be better spent other ways. With the ACs given, and I still have a few weeks in II, so if we can try to sneak in a week at Christmas, I am set. I did list it on Craigslist in Asheville, but haven't put it on Ebay yet. That is my next step, but I would rather not deal with that hassle, and would love to see someone here get the enjoyment we have out of it.

headoflife

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still available!

I have now deposited the 2015 week to get another AC. The fees were $660and you can either reimburse the 2015 fees and have the use of that week, or take it over in 2016! It really is a great trader, but with 1 in college, who is looking into summer internships, and 1 in high school it is tough for us to do family trips, and I am not ready to leave my younger one at home alone! It really is great trader in II, and with all the improvements the board is making, without raising fees, it is getting better all the time!

headoflife

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still available!

First use will be 2016! I have deposited 2015 into II already. If you want to reimburse those fees, I will figure out how to transfer that use to you, and can include an AC either way, if those can be transferred. PM me!

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Headoflife, you should list this week with Lake Lure Realty. They handle timeshare sales and give-aways. You may have to pay their closing fee, but it is quite reasonable.

Another option, if you can't travel, is to rent your week out. It is generally possible to rent out summer Foxruns for about their MF, although it does take some work.

headoflife

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Judy! I may try contacting Lake Lure Realty. Since I already deposited 2015, I will keep rental in mind for 2016.