• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

5 "Worst" Airlines --- BOYCOTT Spirit, Frontier, RyanAir

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
NO Thank You! NO FRONTIER AIRLINES FOR ME...I'M DONE!

Frontier Airlines did the old bait and switch trick on me. (I never used this airline before & I will NEVER consider flying on them again.)

I was enticed before Christmas and booked some low priced non-stop airfares. You know the old saying, "When it looks to be too good to be true it probably is."

I get an email today that my original 4 non-refundable, non stop flights have all been cancelled. :eek:

After checking online, they have put me on a different flight in another state almost 3 hours away from where I live! :annoyed: Would this be acceptable to you? Not me!

They didn't even put in my seat assignments - which I paid for already. I was also told that the flight they put me on was already FULL and Sold OUT. That is why I could not view the seats or flight online. Nothing left.

The airline's agents were NOT sympathetic at all. No compensation, No upgrades, No Guarantees, No freebies. Nothing. I received a take it or leave it type of response.

The best is that they said "they can not guarantee that this will not happen to me again" if I would accept the horrible flight that was offered as a replacement. I declined. I don't need the headache!

No suggestions to me either - other than I could choose to accept the change of flight or get a refund.

I asked for my refund. I was told they will take 7-10 days to process it... and it could take 30-60 days to see the refund on my credit card statement.

I am Not happy with the airline, nor would I recommend them to anyone.

Cynthia T. :)

Last edited:

Hawaiibarb

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience

Well, my experience doesn't come close to what the previous person dealt with, but I, too, will avoid Frontier if at all possible.

I booked Frontier from Denver to LA, and then Delta on to Honolulu. Then I began reading all the negative comments about Frontier, but hoped for the best. At first, everything was fine...staff helpful, my seat OK. I had checked in at a kiosk, even had some help from a Frontier person; twice, while checking in, I read on the kiosk screen that my luggage was checked through to Honolulu. Since that was what I expected, I had no reason to question it. Got to LA, had to take the shuttle to the terminal serving Delta, got through TSA and I am at my Delta gate when my phone rings. It was Frontier saying I had to go back to the Frontier terminal and collect my luggage because they did not have an agreement to send it on to Honolulu.

Nothing I said made any difference. As I was alone, I had to lug all my carry on stuff with me back to Frontier, get my large suitcase, and trudge back to Delta and do the check-in and TSA bit again. I was not a happy camper.

I told Frontier I would tell my story as often as I could and announce each time "I will never fly Frontier again!"

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Frontier **was** a great airline. Unfortunately they feel their business model should mirror that of a Spirit Airlines - charge fees for everything and who cares about the customer! What's worse, they are the ONLY airline in Denver to NOT participate in TSA-precheck.

They are losing market share and gates in Denver. It's only a matter of time until they are gone unless they change things.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Frontier has really gone downhill over the last 4 or 5 years

Frontier has been a marginal airline on the edge of insolvency for some time now. They continue to attempt to reinvent their failing business model and, IMHO, only do more harm than good.

At one time they were a decent airline to fly. Resonable service, upgraded their fleet to all new Airbus planes, inflight TV service available on all their flights, a decent ontime record with good flight times and popular destinations and a great FF program. Then, they started tinkering with everything and strated the nickel and dime routine. They're maybe a half step ahead of charter carriers like Allegiant but not much better. They've become the LAST airline we look at when flying. Three times they've started service at our airport, three times they've abandoned our airport. I don't think they need to consider a fourth attempt at service.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
You get what you pay for or in these cases, sometimes less. :D

I used to fly Delta and American exclusively but have stopped using Delta except to use up my FF miles (when I can;))

Cheers