• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Driving Every Loyal Traveler Away

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Delta has an option to use your miles to pay for part of the trip. You have to have a Delta Amex card and you have to choose flights that qualify for using miles. I have used this option in the past. I was trying to book a flight that qualified and the option didn't show up on the summary page where their documentation says it's supposed to. I used their link to report technical problems with their web page. Three days later I get an email response that contained several paragraphs of blah, blah, blah about how to use miles to book a trip, and not a single word about paying for part of the trip with miles, or the option that's missing from the place it's supposed to be. Maybe it was an automated response triggered by the keywords "use miles". I was just trying to help them fix their problem, and they don't have a clue.

I'm done ranting. I found cheaper airfare through the cruise ship's web site and their fare is fully refundable if canceled more than 45 days in advance. :)

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you try FkyerTalk,com airlines are notorious for changing the rules and Limiting usage of miles

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was booked on Delta for our annual Mexico trip. It was direct with one stop. From home early and into destination by noon. They never notified us until I looked to verify, and found it was cancelled, and would have caused an overnight in MSP (ever spent a night in Jan in Minneapolis?) Then a day late into Mexico. Needless to say, I got our money back and booked on USeless Air at much higher cost. So much for Delta loyalty.

Jim

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you try FkyerTalk,com airlines are notorious for changing the rules and Limiting usage of miles

I have to remember to check FlyerTalk before booking trips. Thanks!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Delta has an option to use your miles to pay for part of the trip. You have to have a Delta Amex card and you have to choose flights that qualify for using miles. I have used this option in the past. I was trying to book a flight that qualified and the option didn't show up on the summary page where their documentation says it's supposed to. I used their link to report technical problems with their web page. Three days later I get an email response that contained several paragraphs of blah, blah, blah about how to use miles to book a trip, and not a single word about paying for part of the trip with miles, or the option that's missing from the place it's supposed to be. Maybe it was an automated response triggered by the keywords "use miles". I was just trying to help them fix their problem, and they don't have a clue.

I'm done ranting. I found cheaper airfare through the cruise ship's web site and their fare is fully refundable if canceled more than 45 days in advance. :)

Here's an update. After I replied to their email to complain that they didn't address the problem, I got another email from them. The 2nd email apologized for the 1st response, and they did have advice relevant to the issue. That is good customer service. :whoopie: I also discovered on my own why I wasn't getting the option to pay with miles. When searching for flights, you can check a box to only display 'Pay with Miles eligible flights'. I didn't realize that checking the box only filters the out bound flights. You have to check it again when the return flights show up. My bad. :doh:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
DOH!...
It really is a shame that an airline with such a rich heritage -- its roots trace back to a 1924 Macon dust cropper & the name referred to the Mississippi Delta -- is now just another conglomerate in which the bottom line outweighs consideration for its passengers (and crews). I 'spose the "legacy" is a burden, but they've forgotten their roots.

Delta_1928.png

Logo1929.gif

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DOH!...
It really is a shame that an airline with such a rich heritage -- its roots trace back to a 1924 Macon dust cropper & the name referred to the Mississippi Delta -- is now just another conglomerate in which the bottom line outweighs consideration for its passengers (and crews). I 'spose the "legacy" is a burden, but they've forgotten their roots.

Amazing! I did not know that their headquarters used to be in the same city as Duck Dynasty!