• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney California -- are any units ever deposited into RCI

May mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any units ever deposited into RCI? If so, what size and what time of year is the best to try to snag one? I would like to plan to go but wondered what the odds are of me trading in?

Thanks.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Are there any units ever deposited into RCI? If so, what size and what time of year is the best to try to snag one? I would like to plan to go but wondered what the odds are of me trading in?

Thanks.
Haven't seen any report GCV in 3 or 4 years. The people that have reported a match years ago were via ogs. Have never seen one sitting in open inventory even then.

Really doubt that gcv is even deposited anymore as it is the smallest of the dvc resorts and members book it up 11 months in advance.

I have an ogs for gcv from 2012 that has not matched yet.

If you are looking to trade via rci i would not count on it. As dvc members that do not own at gcv have a hard time booking at 7 months.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I think the only way to get it would be to request the entire year - any unit size.

There are some other timeshares near by:

Worldmark Anaheim
Dolphin's Cove
Peacock Suites
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas (30 min.)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.

Thanks.

Odds are slim to none. VGC is a very desirable property to DVC owners, who compete to book at exactly 7 months out.

May mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The answers are what I thought. I've never seen any come up.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's conceivable that a small number might get deposited, but they will NEVER be seen in the online catalog. They would be snapped up by ongoing searches first. Remember that what you see online are leftovers that aren't already spoken for.

The only way to make the playing even remotely level is to institute your own OGS.

Jim

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I have an ogs that is 4 years old for gcv that has not hit yet. It is an open search for any day of the year.

Only 3 reasons my ogs has not hit. Someone has an older ogs, my ogs with rci is not working properly or nothing for vgc is deposited. I am thinking it's the latter.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Thanks for the replies. The answers are what I thought. I've never seen any come up.

The resorts nearby are very nice. I highly recommend the Marriott 30 minutes away, Marriott's Newport Coast.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
Odds are slim to none. VGC is a very desirable property to DVC owners, who compete to book at exactly 7 months out.

also, it's extremely tiny. here are some comparative sizes:

SSR - 0 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1Bdrm - 360 Dedicated 2Bdrm - 432 Lockoffs - 60 THV - 36 Grand Villas = 888 Villas / 1320 Max. Available

AKV - 134 villas within Jambo House at AKL (46 Dedicated Studios, 82 Lockoff 2BRs, 6 GVs) and 324 villas in Kidani Village (140 Dedicated 2BRs, 168 Lockoff 2BRs, 16 GVs) for a total of 458 Villas / 708 Max. Available

BLT - 0 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1BR villas - 148 Dedicated 2BR villas - 133 Lockoffs - 14 Grand Villas = 295 Villas / 428 Max. Available

VGC - 0 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1BR villas - 23 Dedicated 2BR villas - 23 Lockoffs - 2 Grand Villas = 48 Villas / 71 Max. Available

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resorts nearby are very nice. I highly recommend the Marriott 30 minutes away, Marriott's Newport Coast.

i loved staying at the newport coast - it is a bit of a drive to disneyland so i wouldn't stay there if i were spending all of my time at the parks. but if you are only spending a day or 2 at disney, that is the way to go...

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in a 3BR/2BA unit at Dolphin's Cove. We liked it. It was modest, but a good location, close to a satellite parking lot with Disney bus service.

Agreed. We had a 3BR/2BA unit as well. My girls loved the resort, especially the courtyard/pool area. We actually walked to the parks each day, so it is a great location.

May mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I put in an OGS for the general area, including the resorts you all suggested and I'll see what happens. And I did include Disney since it isn't' going to hurt.

I've been so caught up with Orlando that I totally forgot that there aren't a lot of units in Anaheim.

Thanks.