• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lack of availability on II for SVV

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, please don't shout at me for being a bit stupid but can anyone tell me why there would be so little availability on II both exchange and getaway for SVV for late sept - mid October , also I keep checking the sightings board is no one interested in Starwood depositssightings as they all seem to be about dvcetc
Thank you xxx

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You need to put in an Ongoing Search - what you see online is just the left-overs, after the OGS's have been filled.

In general, you see posts on the Sightings Forum about the top resorts, that are hard to trade for.

Florida is one of the easiest trades on the planet, so it doesn't fall into that category.

There are many top quality resorts in Orlando, including the other Starwood Resort: Sheraton Vistana Resort. If you expand your parameters, I'm sure you can find something nice.

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score
You need to put in an Ongoing Search - what you see online is just the left-overs, after the OGS's have been filled.

In general, you see posts on the Sightings Forum about the top resorts, that are hard to trade for.

Florida is one of the easiest trades on the planet, so it doesn't fall into that category.

There are many top quality resorts in Orlando, including the other Starwood Resort: Sheraton Vistana Resort. If you expand your parameters, I'm sure you can find something nice.
Hi thank you for your answer I am aware that what you see is the leftovers and that Orlando seems to be the last place lots of owners on here are interested in and that there are lots more nice resorts in Orlando other than Svv , I just wondered if anyone had any insight as to why there is nothing for that particular time , thanks xxx

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Starwood has full control of what is deposited, except for true fixed weeks, so we really don't know what they are doing.

With all the changes going on with the Florida resorts and the new points program, Starwood maybe holding back inventory - it's really hard to say.

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score
Starwood has full control of what is deposited, except for true fixed weeks, so we really don't know what they are doing.

With all the changes going on with the Florida resorts and the new points program, Starwood maybe holding back inventory - it's really hard to say.
Thanks I think that's why I'm worried , I've been reading lots on here about it all, we own at svv and starting to worry that they are going to make it impossible to use, we usually bank with II as we have a lock off and trade back in for two weeks but looks like that's going to be a thing of the past and we will be lucky to get our use year in the future by the looks of it , xxx

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There has been no official announcement from Starwood, so at this point, we are all speculating based on 3rd hand info. filtered through TS sales people, at sales meetings.

polly0014

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're in the same boat...looking for a II exchange into SVV from a banked Lagunamar week. Want early November. We've made this trade many many times with tons of options. Wonder what's going on. Very strange.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I just deposited my SVV last week. Was told by SVN they will deposit week 52, 2015 to II.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just deposited my SVV last week. Was told by SVN they will deposit week 52, 2015 to II.

This is only true if you own a true fixed week 52. Otherwise, you don't get a specific week deposit at all. You just get a "deposit credit."

paluamalia

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
SVV Availability

I did book a getaway through II for Dec. 12-19, one bedroom premium, and there are lots more prior to Dec. 20, 2015. I know that may be a different inventory
Just and FYI

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score
There isn't much availability on the getaways either, I have been checking avidly two and three times a day for both exchanges and getaways for SVV and there is very little inventory for both, it's very strange and definately suspicious xxx

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Hi everyone, please don't shout at me for being a bit stupid but can anyone tell me why there would be so little availability on II both exchange and getaway for SVV for late sept - mid October , also I keep checking the sightings board is no one interested in Starwood depositssightings as they all seem to be about dvcetc
Thank you xxx

I've had an OGS for SVV and a few other properties for June, July and August this year and thus far no hits...

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I'm just about to deposit my 2016 SVV usage to II this weekend. It is going to be platinum summer season 1 br. I will try to call and ask if SVN can deposit a specific week or not. Hope someone can able to grab it.

UPDATE: Just talked with SVN, they will not deposit any specific date/week. They will just deposit my 2016 usage to II. So I did not deposit my usage, since I can just use the StarOptions to book somewhere else.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm just about to deposit my 2016 SVV usage to II this weekend. It is going to be platinum summer season 1 br. I will try to call and ask if SVN can deposit a specific week or not. Hope someone can able to grab it.

They will not deposit a specific week, unless you own a TRUE fixed week. Instead, you will get a deposit "credit," that has the average trading value of the season you own. Please see the FAQ at the top of the forum for all the details.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
BTW, in checking inventory this past weekend, I noticed that SVV had a lot of availability. There was inventory nearly every week. So whatever the issue was, it looks like it's been fixed.

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, in checking inventory this past weekend, I noticed that SVV had a lot of availability. There was inventory nearly every week. So whatever the issue was, it looks like it's been fixed.
When I search for exchange from now to the end of 2015 I amlucky if it brings up ten available weeks for the rest of the year, this is very strange, did you notice if there was availability for the 09/27/15 and 10/04/15 I would be extremely grateful if you could check this for me as I would like to be armed with thus before I call them , thank you xxx

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
When I search for exchange from now to the end of 2015 I amlucky if it brings up ten available weeks for the rest of the year, this is very strange, did you notice if there was availability for the 09/27/15 and 10/04/15 I would be extremely grateful if you could check this for me as I would like to be armed with thus before I call them , thank you xxx

Using a non Starwood standard 2 BR I see 16 weeks between now and 12/31/15
2 May, 2 Aug, 4 Sept, 2 Oct, 1Nov, 5 Dec
9/25, 10/2 available.

Possibly the deposit was coded incorrectly and it is not showing the Starwood preference?
Ask them to check, this happened to me one time in the past with a SBP deposit.

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using a non Starwood standard 2 BR I see 16 weeks between now and 12/31/15
2 May, 2 Aug, 4 Sept, 2 Oct, 1Nov, 5 Dec
9/25, 10/2 available.

Possibly the deposit was coded incorrectly and it is not showing the Starwood preference?
Ask them to check, this happened to me one time in the past with a SBP deposit.

Thank you, I will do this , I still think it is really strange and would love to know why there is so little inventory, I feel Starwood haven't deposited much for some reason , I have a suspicious mind!lol! xxx

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

It looks like they're only releasing mainly 1 bdrms at SVV. If you're searching for 6 people, perhaps that's the issue.

Here is availability at SVV for 5/1-12/20/15 via Getaways:
SVV

[A gentle reminder - please post exchange company sightings on the Sightings and Distressed Forum - it's a perk of TUG membership. - Thanks, DeniseM]

Last edited by a moderator:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV

[Sightings data removed]

This is the exact inventory I see using my non SVN for exchange.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like they're only releasing mainly 1 bdrms at SVV. If you're searching for 6 people, perhaps that's the issue.

SVV

[A gentle reminder - please post exchange company sightings on the Sightings and Distressed Forum - it's a perk of TUG membership. - Thanks, DeniseM]

Thank you for this unfortunately it got deleted before I got to see it but I do appreciate your help xxx

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for this unfortunately it got deleted before I got to see it but I do appreciate your help xxx

Yes, sorry. I listed the information to give some concrete data as to how quirky II is. I think you should try using both your 2015 and 2016 week as an Exchanger, and depositing a 1 bdrm v. a 2 bdrm (if you have a lockoff) to see if there's a difference in what you see.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is probably a dumb question. Is there a particular reason that a Starwood owner would want to trade into SVV over another property like one of the Marriotts? Is it a matter of preferred location? SPG program credit? Don't like any of the Marriotts? Some other reason?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I posted some sightings for you.
See Marriott Cypress Harbour. There are 7 Marriott's in Orlando. Every one is just as nice as the Sheraton Vistana.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is probably a dumb question. Is there a particular reason that a Starwood owner would want to trade into SVV over another property like one of the Marriotts? Is it a matter of preferred location? SPG program credit? Don't like any of the Marriotts? Some other reason?

I suspect that in the past, OP was able to slit their 2BR lock off and get two exchanges back into their home resort in a larger unit. We are not seeing that happen as frequently (hate to say never!) as before.

Or I could be wrong :ignore: