• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Lagunamar

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if all WLR weeks 51 and 52 were sold as event weeks by SVN? Just wondering if I would be able to book weeks 51 and 52 at 12-months out if I bought a Plat+ unit or if I would have to buy a fixed week if I want to get week 52.
Not all were sold as event. I think the HOA docs set it at 50%, add sponsor units retained by SVO. So inventory is tight but available.

margolism

TUG Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't be an issue.

However, I heard from someone I met at the WLR who attended a sales pitch that if you now purchase WLR Platinum Plus (from Starwood), you cannot book the last two weeks. I don't know if this is actually true, an inaccurate interpretation of what this person heard, or what. Or perhaps this was their way to encourage someone to purchase event weeks? I don't know. If this IS true, this is a change in terms. Has anyone else heard something like this? Once again, could be false and just this person's misinterpretation of what they heard the salesperson say, or the salesperson provided erroneous information.

What I do know is that I own Platinum Plus (float), which I got as a resale, and I have no such restrictions. I have successfully booked the last week of December and Christmas week, without any issues.

margolism

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not all were sold as event. I think the HOA docs set it at 50%, add sponsor units retained by SVO. So inventory is tight but available.

SMHarman is 100% correct - if I recall correctly, half the phases were sold as event weeks. This included not only Christmas and New Year's weeks (51 and 52), but also week 6 (sometimes 7) for President's Week.

I looked into this long and hard before I made a decision to purchase here. Having said that, I have never had a problem booking any of the "event" weeks as a float owner. I go during President's Week every year, and add extra nights using Starwood points. (WLR just moved up to a Category 5 property.)

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can book presidents week at 8 months with star options if you log on promptly.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It shouldn't be an issue.

However, I heard from someone I met at the WLR who attended a sales pitch that if you now purchase WLR Platinum Plus (from Starwood), you cannot book the last two weeks. I don't know if this is actually true, an inaccurate interpretation of what this person heard, or what. Or perhaps this was their way to encourage someone to purchase event weeks? I don't know. If this IS true, this is a change in terms. Has anyone else heard something like this? Once again, could be false and just this person's misinterpretation of what they heard the salesperson say, or the salesperson provided erroneous information.

What I do know is that I own Platinum Plus (float), which I got as a resale, and I have no such restrictions. I have successfully booked the last week of December and Christmas week, without any issues.

It would make sense that for every event week they sold, they would have to sell some weeks that don't float during those weeks.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
But the HOA docs / offering plan decides this. Not the sales weasels.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
But the HOA docs / offering plan decides this. Not the sales weasels.

Why let facts stop an entertaining thread?

Sent from my iPad

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1622167&postcount=13

From the latest amendment;

For Phase One Vacation Units, no more than 50% of the Vacation Ownership Interests in each Vacation Week shall be designated as Ultra Premium, Fixed, or Event. For Phase Two, Three and Four Vacation Units, the Vacation Weeks including Christmas and New Year's Day will be sold exclusively as Event Weeks. No more than 50% of the Vacation Ownership Interests in any other Vacation Week shall be designated as Ultra Premium, Fixed or Event. In addition, no more than 50% of the Vacation Ownership Interests in Phase One, Two, Three or Four will be sold with a Fixed Unit designation.