• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Things to do in Branson?

jcr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are from California. Any suggestions?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
This thread might give you some ideas:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212850

My sister lives not far from Branson and I must admit I've only been to Branson Landing, and we did the lunch on the Dixie Riverboat. I'm not a big fan of Branson.

jcr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Luanne-

That does give me pause....

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plug Branson Activities in your browser.

It will list shows and can plug in specific dates. Over 140 things to do.

I have been going for two weeks a year for some time now and never run out of things to do. There are new shows each year and special events where big names from Nashville come down for a couple days or performers like Yakow spend a couple weeks.

Some resorts have "sampler package" where 15-20 performers do a preview, give out discount tickets and allow you to narrow choices.

Water dog

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are from California. Any suggestions?
Besides the obvious: live music shows, shopping outlets, and golf it all depends on your interests. In no particular order: rent a boat on Tablerock Lake for boating, skiing, tubing, fish for trout in Lake Taneycomo (too cold to swim in), get up in the air with ziplines, ballon rides, or helicopter rides, take a lake cruise on a showboat, paddleboat or a yacht, ride a Duck (amphibious vehicle), Branson Scenic Railway, Silver Dollar City: a theme park with both rides and demos of Ozark crafts, numerous developed caves, several wineries and a distillery offer tours or tastings, too many museums to list, visit National Tiger Sanctuary in Saddlebrooke, MO or the Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge in Eureka Springs which rescues big cats, daytrips to Eureka Springs AR for Victorian architecture, antiques, art galleries, float the Buffalo River, also in Arkansas, hike in Dogwood Canyon, fall foliage driving tours.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Besides the obvious: live music shows, shopping outlets, and golf it all depends on your interests. In no particular order: rent a boat on Tablerock Lake for boating, skiing, tubing, fish for trout in Lake Taneycomo (too cold to swim in), get up in the air with ziplines, ballon rides, or helicopter rides, take a lake cruise on a showboat, paddleboat or a yacht, ride a Duck (amphibious vehicle), Branson Scenic Railway, Silver Dollar City: a theme park with both rides and demos of Ozark crafts, numerous developed caves, several wineries and a distillery offer tours or tastings, too many museums to list, visit National Tiger Sanctuary in Saddlebrooke, MO or the Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge in Eureka Springs which rescues big cats, daytrips to Eureka Springs AR for Victorian architecture, antiques, art galleries, float the Buffalo River, also in Arkansas, hike in Dogwood Canyon, fall foliage driving tours.

Nice... Outstanding list!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Which resorts do Sampler package ?

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score

I've attended them at Wyndham, Fall Creek, and Stonebridge. You can call the resort to make sure they still do them.

The sampler shows are usually the "mid" to "lower" tier quality though.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
We've been to Branson twice w/MIL. Chose Branson due to MIL's mobility issues (Disney World was out :)). Lots and lots to do and see that doesn't necessarily require lots of walking. DH and I were convinced we would hate it…loved the place.

Took her back 2 years ago for her 90th and had a wonderful time again.

I would highly recommend a meal at the Keeler Center (think that's the name of the place). It's at the local university (Univ of the Ozarks?) and run by the students in their culinary program. Reservations are a must. We made the mistake of going late in our visit and didn't have time to go again…it was that good.

Ingrid

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have done at Wyndham and Spinnaker. There are a couple others I have seen on activities list at sales pitch. Do book early as they tend to sell out by day before.

There are some olde timers, but generally find several new ones who are not that familiar. Many offer discounts or resort has a designated night and tickets BOGO.

I have found handicapped places hard to get as more older folks. A favorite local saying is swinging young chicks in Nashville ran all the olde timers out a la Shina Twain, etc. And, last one to leave Nashville shut off the lights!

Beware most ticket booths are pushing TS sales pitches.

Resorts that don't offer are French Quarter, Stormy Point and Big Cedar.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

Grand Crowne Resorts have a sampler show that is free to attend.

Buy half price tickets at the purple ticket office. They publish a list of what they sell and there are no presentations involved.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
What about Branson at The Meadows?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I would highly recommend a meal at the Keeler Center (think that's the name of the place). It's at the local university (Univ of the Ozarks?) and run by the students in their culinary program. Reservations are a must. We made the mistake of going late in our visit and didn't have time to go again…it was that good.

Ingrid

I have been there. My sister took us to lunch there on one visit. It was very nice, and quite reasonable.

It's the Keeter Center at the College of the Ozarks. :D

https://www.keetercenter.edu/

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Ok Paco! I am not a Wyndham owner, I did not know!
Thanks!

Last edited:

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
I have been there. My sister took us to lunch there on one visit. It was very nice, and quite reasonable.

It's the Keeter Center at the College of the Ozarks. :D

https://www.keetercenter.edu/

Thanks Luanne. I didn't have time to do the research, but knew I was close :eek:.

Ingrid