• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Telemark

Leturno

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any updates from Telemark owners? What is the status up there?

I loved the resort and it has a great group of dedicated owners. I hope everything is working out for them.

Scott

hofftkmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
The deal they had been working on for years has fallen through. They are having an adequate season due to some nice winter weather, but it still is in need of an overhaul with no major buyer coming forth.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Hi Scott
I wrote you when we first bought Telemark, and we still love it We have 3 weeks there - We go every year. and the extra $$ assessments are rough. But the special owners bonus weeks (3 weeks out as available) at $199 per week help offset those costs.
The deal fell through because of the market downturn last fall. There was one investor who was just ready to come on board to finish up the negotiations - three sold years working things out -- and then in Sept when the market began , things went on hold, and as the market continued to fall instead of recovering, ... it is listed for sale with COldwell Banker rep now for $2 mill. - a great deal!!
see this website
www.telemarkresortforsale.com

aldertond

Reaction score
Timeshare week

Hi Dean,

Please list this in the classified section of TUG...rather than here on the BBS.

Thanks, and welcome to TUG!

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Leturno

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should list this in the Classified section..

Dean,

This is a common problem even for some of the priciest timeshares out there. With your membership you get one(some) free ad's in the classified section. You should post this there. A board admin will soon likely remove your post as classified don't belong in the discussion boards.

Many people list their unit for sale on Craigslist or Ebay with no minimum bid to find a buyer.

Good luck!

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

Leturno

TUG Member
Reaction score
LTNS Joan!

:hi:
Hi Scott
I wrote you when we first bought Telemark, and we still love it We have 3 weeks there - We go every year. and the extra $$ assessments are rough. But the special owners bonus weeks (3 weeks out as available) at $199 per week help offset those costs.
... www.telemarkresortforsale.com

Joan,

I remember talking with you back then. I'm glad you are learning to maximize your ownership. I know the Telemark owners are very committed and a great group I am sure you will find a way to pull your resort you love through the tough times.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hadn't heard about this situation -- what caused this resort to run into such trouble?

What happens with current ownerships? Will their be an attempt to sell the underlying real estate, and give the proceeds to the owners?

Leturno

TUG Member
Reaction score
quick reply

I hadn't heard about this situation -- what caused this resort to run into such trouble?

What happens with current ownerships? Will their be an attempt to sell the underlying real estate, and give the proceeds to the owners?

Judy,

The resort was purchased out of bankruptcy by the timeshare owners and their association(s). They are a great group of owners and very dedicated to their resort. The resort was at one time a very popular down hill ski resort. After the timeshare developer went bankrupt much of the ski equipment (lifts and such) were sold off. The ski runs never reopened. The resort is a center for cross country ski and mountain bikes and there are two very large national events that either begin or terminate at the resort. These being the Birkebeiner and the Fat Tire. I will leave you to figure out which is which event ;-).
It is a large resort with much expense. Much of the facilities and accommodations were neglected by the timeshare developer going into the developers bankruptcy and the timeshare owners after their purchase did all they could to renovate and make the resort relevant in todays travel market. It just wasn't working out for the timeshare owners who needed someone who had the resources to run a large resort and attract a new line of business to keep the rooms and restaurants filled when the major races were not filling the facilities. The resort has been for sale for a long time and the owners continued to really support the resort.
Hopefully this latest purchaser will get their financing and revitalize this great resort. I am sure the timeshare will continue on and nobody will loose their ownership. Again it is a great group of dedicated owners so I am sure they will have a future. It must be a very painful and hard decision to close the doors on the main resort and lay off the staff.

Scott