• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Orlando Resorts Have Lazy Rivers?

Retiresoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Planning an October 2015 Multi-family vacation (3 2bdr units) Have done some research, and know that Orange Lake and Bonnet Creek have lazy rivers BUT : OLC charges for tubes and Bonnet is Wyndam and I just don't see any availability. Any other resorts with lazy rivers OR EXCEPTIONAL water park like pools? What's my chance of getting 3 units at Bonnet Creek using RCI exchange request?

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare resorts that have a Lazy River other than Wyndham Bonnet Creek:
Wyndham Reunion Resort has 3Br units with 3 baths!
Marriott Lakeshore Reserve

Cynthia T. :)

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Orange lakes resort, they have a new names but not sure what it is. Also, last time I was there, you had to rent the tubes, you could not use your own.

Last edited:

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our favorite Lazy River - Orange Lake Resort River Island - RCI 8881

Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort River Island

Route 192W 8505 Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway Kissimmee FL 34747

River Island features a tropical water park that offers a 12-acre pool complex with lazy river, waterfall, waterslides, bars, eateries, and shops. Guests have access to all four resort villages featuring seven pools, a 1,200 foot long lazy river, and an 80-acre lake with beach and watersports.
Plus seven restaurants, two mini golf courses, four golf courses, fitness centers, basketball, tennis, racquetball courts, and so much more.

View our - Tug - Orange Lake - River Island - Review - June 2007

Retiresoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for Ideas

Thanks for responses. We called RCI and because we stayed at HICV North Village in 2013, they say we are ineligible for the entire resort in 2015 because of the 1 in 3 rule. We went ahead and placed a search for Wyndham Reunion and Bonnet Creek, but I'm not too optimistic we'll be able to get all the weeks we need there. May have to pay for a Disney water park instead. Again, thanks.

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
A couple other options:
HIVC Cape Canaveral is an hour out of Orlando and has a very nice water park. This us often available on RCI.
Blue green Fountains in Orlando doesn't have a lazy river but has water slides, splash area, and large pool. Also often available on RCI.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
Did I miss something? We can no longer stay at the Orange Lake/Holiday Inn Group in Orlando in a different village? Wow, if that is true, I will not be able to stay there either. We stayed in the East Village in 2013. I was under the impression that the other villages were not included in the one in three year policy since each village has a different RCI number. I am also an owner at the now Holiday Inn-Desert Club in Vegas. Does this still count us out from staying in a Holiday Inn Group resort at Orange Lake?

Btw, we just returned from Marriott Lakeshore Reserve in Orlando two days ago. They have a wonderful lazy river. When staying there, you also have access to the JW Marriott which is on the same property. The lazy river at the JWM is even larger and more beautiful.

Last edited:

mrlajoie

Reaction score
A little more information on Orange Lake Resort and the fees to use the tubes, etc. Your best option is to get their FUN PASS which allows up to 8 people to use tubes and play unlimited miniature golf, etc. It might be worth it if you go back!

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
Believe it or not, this exists:
http://orlandolazyriver.com/

Also, DVC BCV claims to have a lazy river, but it's really just a pool arguably shaped like a river.

DVC also has two water parks with lazy rivers which you can go to both for ~$100 water park annual pass (less for children/renewals).

Last edited:

Mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hajjah, you are probably OK. Yes, the 4 resorts codes are still one resort, they are divided for reservation purposes, and due to multiple HOA groups. The one in 3 rule applies to the resort as a whole - and be happy it's 1 in 3, it used to be 1 in 4.

However, as an owner at another Holiday Inn resort, you are probably exempt from the 1 in 3 rule. I would call member services and ask directly. The point of the 1 in 3 rule, as well as the rules restricting owners at other area resorts from exchanging in are common at most of the Orlando resorts, and are meant to keep people from buying elsewhere from using the resort as if it were their home resort. If you want to visit a particular resort every year, buy at that resort. When exchange fees were under $100, it was more cost effective to purchase a resort with lower fees, and exchange in on a regular basis.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Melinda, you are right. I finally had a chance to call RCI today. Since I am a points owner at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort, Las Vegas, I am able to check into either of the OLCC villages. This is a plus for me. I was also advised that week owners is a little different. Oh well.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did I miss something? We can no longer stay at the Orange Lake/Holiday Inn Group in Orlando in a different village? Wow, if that is true, I will not be able to stay there either. We stayed in the East Village in 2013. I was under the impression that the other villages were not included in the one in three year policy since each village has a different RCI number. I am also an owner at the now Holiday Inn-Desert Club in Vegas. Does this still count us out from staying in a Holiday Inn Group resort at Orange Lake?

Btw, we just returned from Marriott Lakeshore Reserve in Orlando two days ago. They have a wonderful lazy river. When staying there, you also have access to the JW Marriott which is on the same property. The lazy river at the JWM is even larger and more beautiful.

Since you now own HICV you can stay in any resort without regard to the one-in-four or three rule. Just reserve through HIVC. The rule is an RCI rule, so you can avoid this by going directly through HICV. At least this is what I believe to be true. I will be at Orange Lake later this month and I will confirm if there is any info different.

OH, I see you already found the answer!
sandy

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Sandy, I never joined the HICV. I book all of my units via RCI. Am I missing out on something?