• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thank's RCI Last Call's $$$$$

Sponge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rates went up today for last call's- Studio's up 35.00 1 bedroom's up 40.00 and 2 bedroom's up 35.00. (234.00 studio,259.00 1 bedroom,284.00 2 bedroom)

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
That really stinks!!! I didn't know that they were going to raise the rental rates again on last call vacations. :mad:

I hope that the last call inventory remains unrented and that RCI gets the message that we understand that they can legally charge whatever they want for weeks they control according to the membership contract/agreement, but RCI needs to understand that we don't have to pay it!!!!

I am not going to do anymore last calls for a long time (if ever), and I am going to write RCI a complaint. These weeks don't cost RCI a dollar more now than they did last year or 5 years ago, they get them for free. This is nothing more than extortion to extract more money from RCI members and to make more profit for RCI at our expense.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Wow. That's a big increase. :eek: Especially in this economy.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very bad timing to raise last call rates. Extortion pure and simple.

K.

jodivk

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI last call

Didn't RCI just raise the Last Call rates last year? It wasn't that long ago a Studio was $99.

Guess I'll keep doing what I have been and using TUG and VRBO, more options, reasonable prices and best yet - LESS HASSLE

bilfbr245

TUG Member
Reaction score
contrarian view

I also liked the lower last call prices when I wanted to rent. But such low rental prices are part of what devastates the timeshare resale market. If someone can rent a timeshare for so much below the cost of maintenance fees, why would he or she want to buy. The only way that last call prices can be offered anyway is that someone has already paid a MF and lost money. But when people, like me, get used to these bargains, it becomes more difficult to pay true market cost. I think that gradually increasing rental prices for timeshares are part of which will eventually restore economic sanity into this crazy anomalous market sector.

I used to rent last calls at places I would not otherwise go, just because they were so cheap. But now the price is just high enough so that I will not do that anymore. So it makes sense to me that these new prices will mean some drop in demand. But if the market does eventually sustain these prices, timeshare owners will benefit.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, maybe it's me, but that is still cheap at under $40 a night. Cmon. It is still well worth it for me to use them. I won't find any other place to stay at that price.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not just you....

Ok, maybe it's me, but that is still cheap at under $40 a night. Cmon. It is still well worth it for me to use them. I won't find any other place to stay at that price.

...I agree. It's still a cheap stay for 7 nights if it's somewhere you want to go. It seems anything RCI does anymore is "wrong". I personally haven't found anything I can use in LAST CALL; but if I did, even at this increased price, I would think it was a good deal.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
First "we" complain about RCI offerering units below maintenance rates.....now RCI raises a rate - and now "we" complain about that.

"we" can't have it both ways........

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
If you are going to stay 7 nights then yes it's still reasonable.

But I've been using Last Calls for only 2-3 days and throwing away the rest of the week because it was nicer than staying in a motel.
Now I am going to have to rethink that strategy. :crash:

Last Calls are usually for low demand stuff in overbuilt areas so I'm sure that in some cases it might be worth renting directly from the resort.

thheath

TUG Member
Reaction score
First "we" complain about RCI offerering units below maintenance rates.....now RCI raises a rate - and now "we" complain about that.

"we" can't have it both ways........

I've only seen complaints about RCI renting to non-members...

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I use the Last Calls for my Orlando trip, Massenutten trips, etc. I like to travel to the places that most people don't at the time of year they don't. I've even purchased extra units for families joining us using Last Calls. Still a great deal for me. Also, if I use it for a long weekend, I usually use 4 days of it which still makes it a decent deal for me.

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use the Last Calls for my Orlando trip, Massenutten trips, etc. I like to travel to the places that most people don't at the time of year they don't. I've even purchased extra units for families joining us using Last Calls. Still a great deal for me. Also, if I use it for a long weekend, I usually use 4 days of it which still makes it a decent deal for me.

Same here - if fact I have heard Massanutten calling my name for the last couple weeks :)

For a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, jacuzzi tub, and all the amenities - still definately worth the price. We have gotten very spoiled with RCI - I have found that I really hate to stay in a hotel room, I "need" that extra space!!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We used last calls for years and it is still cheaper to use than to purchase an additional timeshare and paid yearly maintenance fees.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used last calls for years and it is still cheaper to use than to purchase an additional timeshare and paid yearly maintenance fees.

Agreed, I have used them too for Orlando and New England locations. There are of course other options than to purchase additional weeks. But the real issue here is what justifies a price increase at this point in time. In my view, - nothing.

K