• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Last Call

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge

A few months ago i posted several complaints about the quality and available of LAST CALL options available especially for the Caribbean - as it had deteriorated over the previous year. The Caribbean had NOT appeared in Last call for over 9 months in ANY form. After those rounds of threads - Last Call for the Caribbean suddenly reappeared and in huge numbers - for a few weeks - then RCI changed its website (where the Last Call location was from 5 choices or so) and the Caribbean (and other locations) gradually dissapear. Until, currently there is only about 6 options for Low End DR locations. I am familiar with the seasonal qualities for these resorts having monitoring them for the past 3 years, I still say something is wrong with Last Call - Does RCI want to do away with it? Why did they bring it back for a few weeks. We used to see alot of the inventory priced higher in Extra Vacations, but y ou cant even find it there! One the main reasons I maintain my RCI membership is for Last Call. Where is Barbados, Tobago, Jamaica, Antigua, HE DR, Caymans, Aruba, St Martin etc. You used to get quite a few from this lot all year round.

You have NO idea how much i want to insult and abuse the RCI guide who tries to sell me a three years membership, while they are screwing us in the current year.

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would agree that there seems to be a decline in the Last Call availability. I am amazed that in the "West US and Canada" section there is a total of two resorts available. :annoyed:

nordicdiva

TUG Member
Reaction score
I check Last Call every day, several times a day. Within an hour the inventory can change from 15 resorts down to 6. It's a grab bag.

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
To nordicdiva

Have you been checking the caribbean ? Have you seen any Barbados, Jamacia, Aruba, Caymans, Tobago, Antigua in the past three weeks? Or about 6 months ago?

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
wilmark,

Unlike Extra Vacations, Last Call doesn't include every area where we may have surplus inventory. This is a significantly discounted program, and we do not wish to drive the behaviour of members waiting to confirm vacations until Last Call pricing comes into view. Some inventory will move farther in advance at higher price points in Extra Vacations, and some will simply not be featured in Last Call for a period of time by design.

Our Inventory Management staff reviews the inventory and manually adjusts Last Call. It will not show the same areas each time or the same advance notice. Sometimes dates up to 45 days will be present, and sometimes no dates more than 14 days away will be included. nordicdiva's description of Last Call as a "grab bag" was not far off the mark.