• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Paid to give away my MGV TS

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
DON'T buy a monarch grand /diamond resorts timeshare EVER. There are no consumer protections, even in California. (as of sept 2014 at least) .

Just curious, what specifically is so bad about DRI? Or is it Monarch that is bad? If you don't mind sharing your experience it may help others.

{{Moderator notes I split this off the original thread in bargain deals because the OP has posted that they sold the TS }}

Last edited by a moderator:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I am confused, last year OP was giving away this as she called it piece of ****
Now she is saying never buy anything from them. What gives?

Bill4728

Reaction score
The OP said they paid someone $3000 to take the TS off their hands That is why they then posted
Originally Posted by jhill8

DON'T buy a monarch grand /diamond resorts timeshare EVER. There are no consumer protections, even in California. (as of sept 2014 at least) .

Monarch Grand (MGV) is it's own collection BUT all the resorts are also part of the US collection. So if you buy MGV you can use your pts only at the 9 MGV resorts. If you buy US collection, you can use your pts at the ~35 US collection resorts. Also almost all MGV pts are pt / 24 months were most all US collection pts are per 12 months.

BUT there many be very little inventory in the US collection of the MGV resorts. So if the MGV resorts are where you want to go I'd get MGV collection instead of US collection

The MGV resort have very clear rules on trading. anyone owning a MGV resort can trade their pts in II There have been a few posts where people have said DRI isn't allowing resale buyers of US collection pts to trade in II. ( personally I think that is bull but that what people are saying)

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I think the OP may have also been a bit frustrated by the DRI deed-back process that was initiated AFTER the OP paid to have the TS 'surgically removed.'

I just hope for the OP's sake, the TS doesn't grow-back like many of the Viking ships do.....

best of luck

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
shame they paid a viking ship so much money...