• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why buy Aulani points?

Jay MA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am getting solicitations from Disney to add 50 Aulani points and I do not understand the logic. It appears from the point chart that 50 points will usually only get you 2-3 nights there, obviously way too few to make it worth coming from the east cost. So, unless I can also use my BLT points with the 11 month booking window if I buy 50 Aulani points, then why wouldn't I just use my regular BLT points and try to book at 7 months? Am I missing something or is Disney just trying to selll 50 points without any additional benefit?

Thanks

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, with banking and borrowing, 50 points would get you 100 points every other year, or 150 points every third year. Some people may do that to get 4 or 5 days at Aulani, then head over to Maui or Kona or Kauai for the rest of their vacation.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, with banking and borrowing, 50 points would get you 100 points every other year, or 150 points every third year. Some people may do that to get 4 or 5 days at Aulani, then head over to Maui or Kona or Kauai for the rest of their vacation.

yep - tack this onto a 7 night timeshare trade and you're talking...

but IIRC, aulani also has a unique fee ($250 or so) tacked on when you go to resell it, so i would be less likely to buy a small resale at aulani than i would at one of the wdw resorts...

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I can see the logic of someone on the west coast owning a small contract to do as dvcjohn says, to bank and borrow every 2 or 3 years and have the 11 month advantage for booking.

I know I've thought of it for Monday-Thursday and working it around my weeks exchanges. I think this could be a good thing.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Since I live in on Oahu I will just use my SSR points to book at the 7 month window whenever I need a stay. Aulani is a big resort (in terms of DVC rooms) so I will bet there will be rooms available for all but the busiest times. ALso most DVC members live on the east coast so I donot think they will be coming every year. Did you notice that Aulani is the only DVC resort that uses the same amount of points for weekdays or weekends? You do not save any points if you stay sun till thurs at Aulani.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
yep - tack this onto a 7 night timeshare trade and you're talking...

but IIRC, aulani also has a unique fee ($250 or so) tacked on when you go to resell it, so i would be less likely to buy a small resale at aulani than i would at one of the wdw resorts...

Where is this info regarding the fee? When I went to do the tour, it was not mentioned by the guide or any of the papawork. Guess they clamping down on the small contracts.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score