• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Presentation @ Massanutten [merged]

Kaybeesou

Reaction score
Anyone been to the timeshare presentation at Massanutten?

We already bought resale off eBay ( which is why were here again this summer) but wanted to know if it's worth the free lunch and waterpark tickets.

Thoughts?

Kaybeesou

Reaction score
Presentation worth lunch and free tickets?

We already bought resale off eBay ( which is why were here again this summer) but wanted to know if it's worth the free lunch and waterpark tickets.

Thoughts?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Only if you routinely enjoy root canals and spending your vacation time listening to lies and saying "No, NO, Didn't you hear me the last time?, NO!"

Jim

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you bought resale, obvious you are just interested in incentives/bribes.

Have not been to this resort but many others.

Most owners avoid including taking phone off the hook, ducking parking pass desk, not answering person at door, etc.

I do if bribe is at least $100 as I enjoy rattling their cages. Look at weather forecast and pick a lousy day and also need a day off from physical activities to rest.

The idea is to put salesperson on defensive. See my post for about 30 ways. For example, ask why Developer has "F" BBB rating. Do they allow pets? Print out sales info from ebay and ask how he can try and sell same thing for thousands. State you will not buy until attorney reviews contract and keep raising your voice. Rip up his proposal and toss in the air. Have wife say kitchen sucks!

Remember you are not at a Church social or PTA fund raiser, but facing a desperate scamming commissioned salesperson who has to pay rent the first of the month!

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I Resemble That Remark.

Since you bought resale, obvious you are just interested in incentives/bribes.
For two -- 2 -- free Massanutten activity passes, we took the timeshare sales tour there when we were staying at Woodstone on RCI Instant Exchange.

The experience ranks as just about our most unforgettable timeshare sales pitch. Our timeshare seller was Rita Midnight. She is memorable not just for her name, but even more for being a non-stop talker who kept us entertained throughout.

We didn't buy -- just politely said No Thanks, collected our activity passes, & spent a nice timeshare week at Woodstone.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did the tour here for an Amex card so we could use it for the indoor water park passes. It was the worst tour we ever took. It was even worse than Westgate. They would not take no for an anwer and were very rude about it.

I have been good about not taking any tours recently. We used to always do them and then after say it was not worth it and then we would do it again the next time anyway. I guess it just depends on if you feel its worth it or not.

Luvstotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have, just last spring.

After we told them that we bought our timeshare off eBay for $1, they stood up, stuck out their hands for us to shake, and thanked us for coming.

We enjoyed our tour, and did not buy.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It wasn't bad for us either. Worth it for the water park tickets. But we did not get trapped for hours. Got out in a pretty short time too.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yessa!

It depends on the value of your time. Speaking only for myself, none of them are worth it, ever.

Speaks it nicely for me as well. My free time is much too valuable to me to consider spending one minute of it listening to hungry, lying developer sales weasels peddling timeshare weeks at exorbitant prices, in "exchange" for a few worthless baubles, trinkets and coupons --- with or without an accompanying lunch. :rolleyes:

nags2x

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott OceanWatch
I'm here at Massanutten now. When we came in yesterday to register they gave us all our information for the resort, keys, and recreation card (to get into the pools and all) at the registration desk. Then we were sent to another desk to receive our parking pass. The only reason they send you to the other desk is because that is the person who sets up the tours. We were offered free breakfast or lunch and 4 water park passes or $100 Massanutten bucks to use at the resort. I was tempted but really didn't want to give up my time. The water park passes run about $38.00 so getting 4 is not a bad deal. The question is and only you can answer it "is it worth giving up 2-4 hours of my time." Now since we said no to the presentation the phone has been ringing but we just ignore it.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We Resembled That Remark Just 1 Time (So Far).

After we told them that we bought our timeshare off eBay for $1, they stood up, stuck out their hands for us to shake, and thanked us for coming.
That's approximately how I thought it was going to be every time we subjected ourselves to various timeshare tours for freebies, once we were forearmed with knowledge of the true value of timeshare deeds (not much) & their easy availability resale via eBay & other internet sites.

Wrong !

Only once did the timeshare sellers give up quick & send us on our way via the freebies window -- & that was early in the game (2003, after we bought our initial timeshare, resale, in 2002).

Ever since, they've held us captive for the full 90-120 minutes & then some.

So it goes.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Kaybeesou

Reaction score
We'll give you 20K for your Casa

So we went to the Massanutten presentation. We didn't mind doing two hours for the free waterpark tickets and dinner.

So right away we tell them that we bought on the Internet. I didn't mention eBay specifically, but told them I got a price they wouldn't believe. So the salesman got up and went and pulled a copy of the transferred deed. He came back not believing I bought for the price on the deed ( not what the eBay auction cost me).

So it began with. . . We'll give you 20k for your casa. You're gonna need a bigger place, blah, blah, blah. You can't trade on RCI and get much for your 2 bedroom lock off (1 bd/1ba. Lock off - we have both sides). Tossing our deed at us and saying it was worth 20k. We didn't bite. So then he took us up to the new Regal Vistas units. Quite a show place for Massanutten. He thought he had us, but then I told him that while it was nice it didn't do much for me. In my mind it was almost "too nice". And far from the activities that My family likes.

So we see a Woodstone Luxury unit. Near our current Woodstone casa de campo unit. I must say, it was nice. I did like it. But we don't need that right now.

Then he did it - Our salesman tried to sell me on the " you got a good deal, but you didn't get the Gold Card". He began to name all of the perks that comes from the developer. He said i would get 4 weeks of vacation all for FREE by actually buy buying from the developer. I didnt understand this point, but didnt engage him. He must've meant something about exchanging with RCI.

Also he pointed out how the developer was loosing when I buy resale at the price I got. Then I had to "school him". I explained how the developer didn't loose but maybe the original owner who had to pay off the mortgage before I could buy it at my online price lost. I explained that the developer has already been paid for the unit and now will continue to profit since I am paying the mf. I told him that the developer was never loosing. I think he have up on us at that point.

Back at the numbers pitch they offered me $19.9K for my casa to put towards a $29.9k Woodstone luxury. No deal,of course. I own a timeshare with no mortgage, why would I take yours and owe 10k? So then I went to another office ( a copy of my deed transfer always followed) and that salesperson offered me both sides of the luxury unit for the same 10k. No deal.

They gave me our waterpark tickets, meal vouchers, and $20 back on a gift card. Whole presentation cost us about 3 hours, but It wasn't hard and we got to see more of the resort.

The only thing that bothered me is that he said RCI started at Massanutten. Hmm. . . Anyone know if that is true? Also he told us that beginning Sept 1, 2012 the resort will no longer sell deeded timeshares, they are moving to leased timeshares only.

Glad we went, not going on another for a while. :whoopie:

dawna

TUG Member
Reaction score
Massanutten Presentation

Thoughts?

We did the Massanutten presentation in May around mother's day. they offered us the water pool passes but we turned them down to get the visa card and free lunch. the presentation was suppose to be 2 hours including lunch. what they didn't know that I eat very slow, so it took me an hour and 20 minutes to eat. can't help it that I eat slow. however after they found out that we bought resale they only held us there for 10 minutes. the whole thing took under 2 hours. Thank God I eat slow, my husband knew that most of our time would be spend eating and not listening to them telling lies, he is use to sitting at the table waiting for me to finish eating, he knows how slow I eat,

we are going back to Massanutten this coming week, plan to do another presentation only if the visa card is right, if not I will spend my vacation sight seeing and doing the events on the property.

Dawna

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive just finished doing a little research on Massanutten,

Bottom line is that resale owners dont get discounts at the water park...and its expensive. If I was offered free water park passes for a little time Id do the tour..