• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

St Martin Availability??

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are new HGVC owners and I have just created our first RCI ongoing search for St Martin in March of 2016. We are limited to three specific weeks that would work for us. We have received one response so far but it was for the week we can't travel.

I'm concerned about the timing of our OGS. Are we too late for a 2016 booking? Being new at this, we don't know what to expect.

humsor

TUG Member
Reaction score
More like too early

I think if you are patient, you will see plenty of options turn up. How restrictive was your request?

mtm65

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think if you are patient, you will see plenty of options turn up. How restrictive was your request?

I don't think the request was restrictive but being new to this, I am not sure. Basically any traveling any time in March 2016 except for Easter weekend. Looking for a studio or one-bedroom on the ocean.

Is this a reasonable request?

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
There are lots of timeshares in SXM, so even though you're looking for a prime spring break period, it seems likely you'll get something for 2016. Right now, there are 2 issues that are impacting timeshares there. RCI has suspended deposits and trades from Sapphire because of the poor conditions and management there, and Caravansarai went into bankruptcy. The new owner there changed the name and voided all the timeshare owner contracts and its relationship with RCI, although there's a potential lawsuit brewing on that one.

scotlass

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own February weeks at La Vista and they will not release RCI exchanges until the MF is paid for those weeks. Other resorts may have the same restrictions so I think you should get something, maybe in the fall, for March 2016. The longer you are in an OGS, the better. Good luck!

humsor

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will be fine

In 2012, I booked my June/July vacation without OGS about 6-8 mos. in advance. 2 bed units at Belair and at La Vista Beach.

I would recommend either.

mtm65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just booked Belair :)

In 2012, I booked my June/July vacation without OGS about 6-8 mos. in advance. 2 bed units at Belair and at La Vista Beach.

I would recommend either.

We just booked Belair as a result of the OGS!! A few of the reviews concerned us so I am glad to know you would recommend Belair! The countdown is on.... 428 days to go.

Thanks again for your feedback.