• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Remove week from II & bank into RCI

Badgerbandit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying for 3 months to exchange a 2BR unit banked and being held pending a request for Christmas Mountain Village in Wisconsin Dells. Check-in date of request is 6 Feb 2015. There are units available in RCI but none in II. My week that is deposited expires in April 2015. I call to check on request with II (Interval International) about everyday. Of course they cannot do anything until someone from Christmas Mountain deposits their Christmas Mountain week into II. How long do I wait for my request to be honored? I am a member of RCI also, (no units deposited there and II will not allow me to remove the week so I can deposit into RCI). RCI does have units available for exchange and last call. If I can just rent a RCI unit that will get me into Christmas Mountain but then I lose my week expiring in April 2015. This Vietnam vet just can't afford using it on another vacation. Any ideas?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Once you deposit a timeshare with an exchange company, it belongs to the exchange company - they don't give them back. At this point in time, another exchanger has probably already exchanged into your week, so there is no way to give it back to you, even if they wanted to.

Unfortunately, 3 mos. is not nearly enough lead time to get an exchange. The best practice is to put your request in a year or more in advance. At this point, it may simply be too late to get an exchange.

You can deposit your 2016 usage with RCI, for the exchange you want.

Then, pay the fee to extend your deposit with II, and use it for a different vacation.

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
I'd do RCI last call for your Feb 2015 vacation. Then you can pay a small fee to II and extend your week for more time.

Your deposited week to have a 2015 expiration, that means it should have been a 2013 week deposited in 2012. Why haven't you used it in the past 3 years?

Good Luck
Bill

PS Also I never call. My DW and I look online at the interval world website for what is available. Much easier and stressful than calling.

Last edited:

Badgerbandit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you

I appreciate the information and advice. I just kept hoping for an exchange to come through. Looks like it is probably not going to happen in the last week.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
From your post it looks like you are requesting only one resort for one specific check-in day, and did it 3 months in advance. Even 12 months out is iffy if you are only after one specific day at a single resort. It might work if it is at a very large resort that has alot of deposits, but in many cases it's not a realistic expectation for a request.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the advice above. When you can get a 2br via RCI Last Call for $269, there is no reason to exchange your timeshare for that unit.

Look at it this way: If you had been able to exchange via II, you would have paid
a) your week and whatever maintenance fee it cost
b) $174 exchange fee

If you let the II week expire, and instead buy the Last Call via RCI, you will pay
a) $269 ($95 more than the II exchange fee)
b) the loss of your unused week

The difference between the two scenarios is only $95.

If you can vacation again before your deposit expires in II, then revise your II exchange request to search for other resorts, or the same resort(s) but a week before April, assuming you are able to vacation again before then.

If you know you cannot take a second week's vacation before April, then you may ask II to extend your deposit. The downside to this is that you will then only be able to search online - you cannot set up an exchange request.
Let us know what resort/timeframe, and we can let you know when it's available.

I posted current availability for Wisconsin Dells via II and RCI in the Sightings section.

Last edited:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
If I can just rent a RCI unit that will get me into Christmas Mountain but then I lose my week expiring in April 2015. This Vietnam vet just can't afford using it on another vacation. Any ideas?

Thanks for your service. :hi:

Have you checked out the last minute rental board here on TUG?
There is always one of the owners at CMV renting out weeks.
I know this doesn't solve your problem with II but at least you could get to CMV this time.

Here is the board:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45&order=desc