• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton offering bonus points??

jjalbert

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are interested in purchasing at the Hilton Club in New York and I had intended to use Judi and go resale. However I got a call from Hilton who is offering 5000 pt packages for $3.50 a point. Obviously that is a ridiculous price. However they are also willing to throw in 20,000 bonus points. My question is can I use the bonus points as regular points- any exceptions? Can I borrow and bank and transfer to Hilton Honors for a ratio of 25 to 1? If that is true, the cost per point comes down to .70 a point which is reasonable. They are also offering the Gold Card but that doesn't seem all that important. Do the bonus points make it a good deal? Am I missing something?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Yes, the 20K bonus points are a one-time thing. That number of points will get you about 3 weeks in a 2BR during prime time at most of the "standard" HGVC properties. If you figure each of those weeks are worth, say, $1200 to you, then your cost calculations would look like this:

5000 pt Hilton NY @ $3.50/pt: $17,500
Value of bonus points (3 wks @ $1200/wk): $3,600
Total cost: $13,900
Total cost per point: $2.78

Plug in your own numbers for the value of those bonus points, but you get the general idea. There may be more restrictions on what you can use the bonus points for, but I'm not an expert in that area. Don't confuse bonus points with purchased / annual points.

Kurt

Omne

TUG Member
Reaction score
... They are also offering the Gold Card but that doesn't seem all that important.

As far as I know you can get the gold card on a resale if you buy Hilton Club New York. I know we did, but there may be a point requirement. We bought 14K.

jjalbert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all! I guess I'll be calling Judi. We've been members of TUG for years and the people on this website are the most helpful.

Adrienne

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can use bonus points for anything, in any way, except for a home week reservation. The caveat is that they must be booked, or at least slated for use, within 2 years of your purchase. They can be converted to Hilton Honors points anytime within this time frame.