• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Short almost 5 million points for 1 night stay?

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was looking for one night in Venice and came across the King Presidential Suite at the Hilton Molino Stucky. It is 5,157,709 points for the one night. I am short almost 5 million points. The website stated I could buy the additional points for $140K. The price of the room without using points is $5K.

KING PRESIDENTIAL SUITE
Discover a home away from home in this spacious two-level 288m² ... Room details
RATE PLAN Price Per Night (EUR) PREMIUM ROOM REWARD
PREMIUM ROOM REWARD Rate details Not commissionable 5,157,709

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Go for it!
Not bad for a city who's streets are constantly flooded,
and during the day, has more tourists than residents.

jin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was looking for one night in Venice and came across the King Presidential Suite at the Hilton Molino Stucky. It is 5,157,709 points for the one night. I am short almost 5 million points. The website stated I could buy the additional points for $140K. The price of the room without using points is $5K.

KING PRESIDENTIAL SUITE
Discover a home away from home in this spacious two-level 288m² ... Room details
RATE PLAN Price Per Night (EUR) PREMIUM ROOM REWARD
PREMIUM ROOM REWARD Rate details Not commissionable 5,157,709

The Points Hilton is requiring for any upgrade beyond a standard room has become a joke -- absolutely ridiculous, what is their logic??? Do they think people who have that many pts would be that foolish? Really insulting and disappointing!!!!!

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the obvious answer is to pay for the one night with your in-pocket cash. Much more reasonable. :D

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
...this devaluation is a recent thing. Just been discussed since Oct 8th over at flyer talk. Dirty sneaky way for Hilton to roll this out. Obviously this Venice hotel is considered a PREMIUM Hotel Room Category now.

Purseval

Reaction score
Go for it!
Not bad for a city who's streets are constantly flooded,
and during the day, has more tourists than residents.

Venice is my least favorite city of all the ones I visited in Europe -- ripoff prices, dirty, "authentic" gondolier hats that are made in China, canals that looked like open sewers. I'm sure going there directly from Lugano, Switzerland didn't help things any.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
I just checked the website and learned that the Hilton Molino Stucky is a category 7 hotel. If you are at the HHonors Gold Level or HHonors Diamond level, you can get the upgrade if available without paying such an outrageous fee. Back in the days when I was at the HHonors Diamond level we would get upgrades to Presidential units all the time at no extra cost. We still frequently get upgrades now that I am back down to the HHonors Gold level.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the words of control agent Maxwell Smart:

"Missed it by just THAT much!"