• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Building location - Waikoloa

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort
69-550 WAIKOLOA BEACH DRIVE
WAIKOLOA, HAWAII 96738

2 Bedroom Premier - sleeps 6

Is this resort/building on this map?

On the resort website it lists the following units - which one is it? Or is it not listed?

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hot...aikoloa-Beach-Resort-Hawaii/accommodations.do

* 2 BDRM DLX GOLF VIEW SUITE
* 2 BDRM GOLF VIEW SUITE
* 2 BDRM STANDARD SUITE

Thanks!
D

br-hiltonwaikoloa.jpg

Last edited:

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Aloha Denise,

The layout you have is for the Hilton Waikoloa Resort Hotel. Those are the three towers on the hotel property.

The timeshare property is located next to the Bay Club Waikoloa.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do timeshare guests get to use the hotel amenities?

night0wl

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you stay in HGVC Waikoloa or Kings Land, yes, you get to use the Hilton facilities. You get a wrist band that allows you there.

I do *NOT* believe Bay Club (which is an affiliate, not a true Hilton Grand Vacations Club) get access to Hilton hotels facilities.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
If you stay in HGVC Waikoloa or Kings Land, yes, you get to use the Hilton facilities. You get a wrist band that allows you there.

I do *NOT* believe Bay Club (which is an affiliate, not a true Hilton Grand Vacations Club) get access to Hilton hotels facilities.

With bay club you can buy access to the hilton hotel pools. I believe it was $150 for a 3 day pass for up to 4 or 5 people. Just call bay club direct and the desk there can help you.

Brkian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Denise,

Check out the map on post #4 in this thread. The resort you are asking about is listed as the Hilton Grand Vacation Club (Kohala Suites). There are a total of 6 buildings plus the lobby building. Looking at that map, the lobby is the smaller building directly above the "b" in the word "club". There are 4 golf course view buildings (two to the left, two to the right of the lobby) and then 2 standard view buildings "above" the parking lots, shown as bordering the main road. The premier unit you are asking about would be a third floor, or possibly second floor end unit on any of the 4 golf course view buildings.

WBR (Waikoloa Beach Resort, aka Kohala Suites) is a very nice, but very small resort, compared to the Bay Club or to Kings Land. Choosing between the 3 really depends on what factors are most important to you. Feel free to PM me if any additional questions and I'd be happy to help if requested.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks! That was VERY helpful!

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise:

When you check in to the Kings' Land or Waikoloa timeshare, you are given a pass that you show at the Hilton Waikoloa Hotel. That pass allows you to use the pools, lagoon, waterslides. The Hotel will give you towels to use.

When you leave, you show the pass to the valet, and he will give you a card to exit the Hotel's parking lot for free. Otherwise, parking is $15 or so.

We will be at Waikoloa in June. We were at Kings' Land in June 2011. One day, I walked from Kings' Land to Waikoloa to check out that resort, as we had already made the reservation for 2012. It's about 10 - 15 minute walk and it's on the other side of the road. Waikoloa was built first. Two of the buildings are right on the road. Waikoloa's pool is nice, but doesn't hold a candle to Kings' Land's superpool. It is nicer than the plain rectangle that Bay Club has.

I'm glad we'll have access to the Hilton Waikoloa Hotel again. My son spent hours on the waterslides there and at Kings Land.

Brkian

TUG Member
Reaction score

WBR and Kingsland have full access to the HWV hotel amenities. You are issued a slip of paper at check-in which serves as the purpose of room charges, parking validation, towel check-out, etc at the HWV. Bay Club does not provide this reciprocal arrangement, but does allow you (or anyone else that walks in off the street) full access to the resort grounds and restaurants.

We visited the HWV about 5 times during our recent stay at Kingsland. Never were we checked or asked for any kind of proof of our resort as we walked in or around the hotel, even dragging 4 kids with inflatables through the lobby. The only times that we needed the room charge/identification slip was a) to check out towels and b) at the top of the waterslides (they issue wristbands at the towel desk). They take their towels very seriously at HWV, checking them in and out with receipts, etc. I guess that carrying "outside" towels in might be cause for a staffer to inquire if someone is bonafide. But other than towels, I can't imagine that an outside visitor would be at all bothered even if they meandered into an amenity/pool/lagoon/etc that is otherwise restricted to hotel and reciprocal guests.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score

We were at Kingsland and drove over to the hotel area (didn't want to mess with the shuttle). DH was ticked when he found out we had to pay $15 to park. I told him to chill out because we were on vacation.

But when we were at the valet counter to pay when leaving, they saw the bracelets and said it was free. :D

mb_cik

Reaction score

Also keep in mind that guests of the Waikoloa TS have to pay $15 per person per day to use the Kingsland pool. But guests of Kingsland can use the Waikoloa TS pool for no charge.

travelguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can never remember all the reciprocal pool uses so I prefer to stay @ Bay Club (larger remodeled units with BIG lanais) and go to a different BEACH each day. :D