• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham's Sales Practices Openly Exposed To The General Public

oblivious

Reaction score
Communication between sales personnel

Bought Wyn TS at sales an was told it could be sold back to Wyn. And coordinator would help with rental until then. Went to next sales and heard same, 650 miles away. THEY DO TALK TO EACHOTHER. Next sales, asked flat out about "right of first refusal" buyback. My 1st sales coordinator told me to especially meet with this sales, now 1300 miles away, he'd take care of me. This one told me there's no "right" but if I purchased he'd help me rent. Called several times and told me that he already had a renter, just buy. In the meantime we visited Atlantic City and sales told us we could get in WAAM for $11k plus costs. All along I'd wondered if Wyn rents to Moe Larry and Curly. They do. Making it tough to get reservations. The 2nd sales meet was in Myrtle Bch. and in Sept. Oceans on the Grove was shown to us and I wondered who were all the people staying at this beautiful location? RENTERS! Owners wouldn't have access until mid October. :crash:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Sued, Good luck in your endevors. Wyndham's sales practices (like many) are very agressive and full of deceptions and half truths. I like to read your updates but this one especially is hard to follow due to your writing style. I know you are trying to be entertaining but I really had a hard time following who was in court for what and if I didn't know that Wyndham is supposed to be the bad guys in the post, I wouldn't know who did what and who is on who's side.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Word v. Wyndham goes to trial on 22d of this month. Read the latest update on www.mywyndhamlawsuit.com .

Forgive may different since of humor. You could become a agent for renters of Wyndham timeshares using sources as this site, Ebay, etc. I am sure with your wonderful relationship with Wyndham you would be a very welcome addition to the community in this capacity. Or at least as an alternative as welcome as a migrain headach. It would serve them right.

SuedbyWyndham

Reaction score
Word v. Wyndham

Well, Word v. Wyndham has settled. Mr. and Mrs. Word have been made whole and their attorney has hired a much more highly qualified paralegal. He'll need her now that he will go up against Wyndham on behalf of three other sets of Wyndham owners with nearly identical complaints.

I have been freed by the court to pursue Wyndham in a counterclaim which was filed May 9th.

Ever been to an update where Wyndham employees showed you some computer notes on your account? Ever wonder how that info got on there? Check out the latest post and watch David Lee-VP of Sales for Wyndham in San Antonio, deposed under oath, claim that he does not know how an owners account reflected certain "information".