• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2010] Cancelling a Contract

RJB123

Reaction score
Signed up and used Wyndam Rewards Visa for the entire purchase

Any issues with recision when using the wyndam rewards visa for the purchase of the mip at the home resort?

Also, Previous Posts have referred to the finance department, which finance department are you referring to and what is the fax and phone # for those offices.

Assuming not the sales office? In reviewing my documents I do not see anything that refers to contacting the sales office. Only listed is the requirement to contact the LV address in writing certified mail, return receipt requested.

Thanks

Last edited:

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any issues with recision when using the wyndam rewards visa for the purchase of the mip at the home resort?

Also, Previous Posts have referred to the finance department, which finance department are you referring to and what is the fax and phone # for those offices.

Assuming not the sales office? In reviewing my documents I do not see anything that refers to contacting the sales office. Only listed is the requirement to contact the LV address in writing certified mail, return receipt requested.

Thanks

The only thing that matters/is legally binding is whatever is in the contract. Follow that and you should be fine as long as you are still within your days.

Jason

RJB123

Reaction score
Cancellation: State of Home Resort, puchase state and state of residence

We live in NJ, Puchased in PA and the Home Resort is in Mass. According to the documentation in the contract folder it only includes PA and NJ contract addendums, those recision period are 7 days. Mass. I believe is 3 days.

I am sending cancellation tomorrow AM (from a purchase on Sunday, PM) but I just want to be sure.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
The post is a little confusing. Was the timeshare purchased from Wyndham or from Sumday Vacations?

Was it purchased through E-Bay?

If purchased through E-Bay, most of the Sumday Vacations ads have the following statement:

ALL SALES ARE FINAL AND PAYMENT IN FULL IS EXPECTED WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS OF RECEIVING THE INVOICE BY EMAIL FROM SUMDAY VACATIONS. THIS INVOICE WILL BE SENT VIA EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS THAT IS POSTED TO YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT WITHIN ONE BUSINESS DAY OF AUCTION END. SUMDAY VACATIONS ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR YOUR FAILURE TO RECEIVE AND PAY THE INVOICE. WHICH IF NOT PAID WILL RESULT IN NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AND ANY OTHER REMEDY DEEMED REASONABLE. SUMDAY VACATIONS ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR INFORMATION THAT HAS BEEN MISREPRESENTED TO OUR OFFICE BY THE SELLING PARTY OR THE RESORT STAFF. WE MAKE EVERY REASONABLE EFFORT TO ENSURE THE ACCURACY OF OUR LISTINGS AND BY BIDDING YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE VERIFIED THE MATERIAL FACTS RELEVANT TO YOUR PURCHASE DECISION. THIS AUCTION IS BINDING UPON THE WINNING BIDDER.

Make sure you send the cancelation to the address listed in the contract. Wish you luck.

Are we reading the same thread? I see no indications here of any ebay or SumDay purchase.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would only add that it would be wise to make a folder or large envelope of all papers concerning this mess and keep it in a safe place for future reference. At least one report was made on the forums of a problem erupting many years down the road from a recinded contract. It's a rare thing, but best to have the dusty "stuff" in the envelope if it comes back to haunt one day. Then forget about it...you're covered. I have several such envelopes up high on a dusty shelf in case one of my ghosts from the past comes back for a visit :eek:

RJB123

Reaction score
Thanks everyone

I sent the recission letter and materials via certified mail after calling the wyndham customer service number and speaking with the representative who was very pleasant and very well versed in the cancellation process. I told here how I intended to proceed, she indicated I had done everything properly and checked my days to determine if I was in the recision period. She mentioned that a fax would be sufficient to begin the process, but indicated that the reciept of a certified mail hard copy was the only way it would be official. She gave me a new address, that was not a P.O. box but in the physical location. This is important because Certified mail cannot be delivered to a p.o. box.

The address I received was
Attn: Recission Dept.
Wyndham Consumer Finance, inc.

Also faxed the Consumer Finance group

I called later to get a contact in the Recission Dept. The customer service group gave me the main line for WVR, inc. 1800-786-6764, the WVR main number. I called and didn't get an answer, but left a message fulling describing the above steps and left a contact number requesting a call back. I've left two messages.

Does anyone else have better info or did I miss anything.

Last edited:

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent the recission letter and materials via certified mail after calling the wyndham customer service number and speaking with the representative who was very pleasant and very well versed in the cancellation process. I told here how I intended to proceed, she indicated I had done everything properly and checked my days to determine if I was in the recision period. She mentioned that a fax would be sufficient to begin the process, but indicated that the reciept of a certified mail hard copy was the only way it would be official. She gave me a new address, that was not a P.O. box but in the physical location. This is important because Certified mail cannot be delivered to a p.o. box.

The address I received was
Attn: Recission Dept.
Wyndham Consumer Finance, inc.

Also faxed the Consumer Finance group

I called later to get a contact in the Recission Dept. The customer service group gave me the main line for WVR, inc. 1800-786-6764, the WVR main number. I called and didn't get an answer, but left a message fulling describing the above steps and left a contact number requesting a call back. I've left two messages.

Does anyone else have better info or did I miss anything.

I'm pretty sure you are covered, but being a natually cautious person, I would also suggest that you send a letter to the actual address indicated in your paperwork. It can be regular mail. You can add delivery confirmation if you want. All you really need is proof of mailing, not proof of receipt; delivery confirmation will provide you with both. The thousands of dollars you will save are probably worth another buck :)

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score

RJB123

Reaction score
Certified Mail

Your right, pretty sure I've recieved Certified Email to a PO. This has got me a little tentative to be certain.
That's why I keep checking this board. Thanks

I'll send certified to the PO Box tomorrow. Still well within the 7 day recission period.

Does anyone have a phone number for the Wyndham Consumer Finance Group?

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course you can send Certified mail to a PO box. The carrier sorting to the boxes just places a Delivery Attempt Notice (PS Form 3849) in the PO box and when the mail is collected from the box, the patron presents the slip to a clerk to collect what needs to be signed for. The only way this can delay delivery is if the person collecting from the box doesn't sort through the mail to find the slip before leaving the PO and has to return later or the next day to get the accountable mail. I think most business patrons know to look for anything needing a signature before leaving the PO with the mail.

RJB123

Reaction score
My bad... 7 Day window from Sunday PM so I should be in good shape with a 3 day send and a 3 day send stamp on the envelope certified rr of course.

Tiggerlili

Reaction score
Does the letter of cancelation to Wyndham has to be in writing or can it be type?? I just whant to make sure so I have no problem with my cancellation

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
It can be typed. Look through your paperwork there should be a cancellation letter already typed up and everyone on the contract has to sign. I would also print your name under your signature. Other than that follow the rules on paperwork and previous post. Good luck and welcome to tugg

Katie Fougere

Reaction score
The one time that I rescinded my Wyndham purchase, I sent the notice certified mail with return receipt. I also faxed it to them. They had started the cancel process with the fax. However, I believe if I had not sent the letter, they would have not honored the fax request to rescind. I called after putting the rescind letter in the mail to find out what to do with "stuff" that I was given me. I was told that had already started the rescind process and that they would get back to me about the stuff. They never did get back to me.

Do you have threceived fax number ? I am also canceling my contract already sent the letter but was hoping to fax too

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
BREAKING_NEWS_-_Thread_Resurrected21_Dead_thread_br_zpss7bdnapb.jpg

Cris1

Reaction score
No, it didn't specifiy... The statement in the contract was only a few lines in section 8 that just said to mail the letter and membership materials (in good condition) back to that address within the 7 days of signing the agreement. It said the cancellation would be effective the date of the letter.

Do I need to cancel the Perks membership seperately or will Wyndham put a stop on it once they realize I cancelled the agreement?

WYNDHAM RESCISSION DEPARTMENT
PHONE 888-752-1362
FAX 702-227-3298
EMAIL: RESCISSIONS.WVR@WYN.COM

I MAILED MINE IN USPS CERTIFIED MAIL WITH SIGNATURE NEEDED.

CALLED ABOVE NUMBER THEY SAID MY RESCISSION IS IN PROGRESS BUT I ASKED FOR FAX AND EMAIL THE GUY I SPOKE WITH SUGGESTED THAT I DO ALL 3 SO DO ALL TO COVER YOUR BASIS. REMEMBER YOU NEED TO HANDWRITE THAT YOU NEED TO CANCEL AND SIGN IT. MINE SAYS YOU HAVE TO SEND CANCELLATION NOTICE WITHIN 10 DAYS AND THEY WILL HONOR THE CANCELLATION ON THE DATE THAT YOU MAILED IT. SAVE YOUR MAILED COPY!!!! You can go to usps.com and track your number to see who signed for it

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
MOD NOTE: This is an old thread, and the questions posed by the OP have been answered. I have deleted the duplicate post.