• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Bonnet Creek--someone here sure messed up

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
What does "behavior lectures" mean? Providing an opinion about what one should or should not have done in a given circumstance? Chastizing someone for bad manners? I dunno.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if you cannot establish or comprehend a line between having a civil adult conversation, and resorting to insults/being deliberately abrasive....you should refrain from posting in threads like these.

hows that?

MFT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't threads be locked if the admin feels the initial issue has been commented on sufficiently?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
if you cannot establish or comprehend a line between having a civil adult conversation, and resorting to insults/being deliberately abrasive....you should refrain from posting in threads like these.

hows that?

Brian, if you're responding to my question, then you're putting up a straw man. Few, if any, would dispute that we should have a civil adult conversation (now whether we adhere to that guidance is another matter). However even a civil conversation can contain behavior lectures in the way that I would define it. I can civilly say that someone should have done so-or-so or that perhaps they should not try to act like so-or-so in the future. So that was why I asked for clarification of the definition.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't threads be locked if the admin feels the initial issue has been commented on sufficiently?

I say odds are better than 50/50 that's what happens in 5-4-3-2...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Brian, if you're responding to my question, then you're putting up a straw man. Few, if any, would dispute that we should have a civil adult conversation (now whether we adhere to that guidance is another matter). However even a civil conversation can contain behavior lectures in the way that I would define it. I can civilly say that someone should have done so-or-so or that perhaps they should not try to act like so-or-so in the future. So that was why I asked for clarification of the definition.

My guess is that he is responding to am1's last post...

Explorer7

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Confirmation Number/letter no help on missing reservation

Though the point has been made by others in this thread that the confirmation documentation does not always help at Wyndham when the reservation is missing from their system, during a stay at Bonnet Creek this summer and again at Kingsgat last week during normal check in hours the front desk could not find my reservation. The confirmation numbers on the printouts were of no use to them. The only way they could find my reservation at both locations was through my member number. BTW the missing reservation I had at BC was for a 3br Presidential unit in bldg 6 where I had placed a hold request for the specific unit as a Gold VIP benefit.
They ultimately gave me a 4br pres in I think bldg 4 as a consolation after about an hour working with the front desk manager. It was a really nice room with an incredible lake view.
What is also kind of interesting is that I had a reservation in a 4pr pres in bldg 6 with a “greenery” view scheduled to follow the 3br pres stay, so a few weeks earlier I called BC to request a lake view and was told they can’t touch the presidential units in bldg 6. They did however while working with the front desk manager merge the 3br and the 4br reservations together for the bldg 4 4br pres unit for my entire stay. (I was surprised though pleased the bldg 4 unit was available)
Also though I placed no hold on the unit at Kingsgate when I called the resort before placing my reservation with a VC hoping to reserve a unit overlooking the pool area near the activity center the resort rep told me that I could only select a specific location with the resort because even in I placed a hold request with the VC the resort had no way of knowing… So rather than debate the issue I just did it their way and got a decent room when I got to the resort. (Once they found my reservation through my member number)
Bottom line for me is that I will be sure to call ahead for all future stays at any of the resorts.
PS I just remember that I had a missing reservation this past June at Coconut Mallory too, once again the confirmation letter did not matter to them, they had to chase it down through my member number.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
this is bringing back bad memories of a trip we took when our kids were young, one month traveling and staying in hotels on the East coast. We had a reservation in Cambridge, near boston, we called to make it a confirmed reservation and arrived about 5 after 6. the clerk said they cancelled it at 6, refuesed to check it, said they had no more rooms. I am working from a pay phone in the hallway, and finally she found us a room, and it was a terrible room, right above the laundrey, and we had been there about an hour and a half. No print outs, no computers, no cell phones at that time.:(

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
this is bringing back bad memories of a trip we took when our kids were young, one month traveling and staying in hotels on the East coast. We had a reservation in Cambridge, near boston, we called to make it a confirmed reservation and arrived about 5 after 6. the clerk said they cancelled it at 6, refuesed to check it, said they had no more rooms. I am working from a pay phone in the hallway, and finally she found us a room, and it was a terrible room, right above the laundrey, and we had been there about an hour and a half. No print outs, no computers, no cell phones at that time.:(

You've just reminded me of a road trip I made back in 1974 from the East Coast to see Yellowstone Park for the first time. We left a chain motel in Rapid City after staying the night. The front office was very helpful in helping us secure a reservation at the same chain motel's location in West Yellowstone, right outside the park. After an exhausting day's drive without any air conditioning at the height of August heat in a miserable Ford Pinto (yes, I survived owning one of those...) we arrived at the motel, tired, feeling grimy from the road, and ready for a good night's sleep. And the motel had no idea who we were.

They checked into whatever they had to check their reservation system, and figured out the reservation the Rapid City motel made for us was at the chain's Gardiner, Montana location, just outside the North entrance to the park, not the West Yellowstone, Montana location, just outside the West entrance. A difference of a couple of hours' drive, at least. And of course, being the middle of August, there were NO rooms in town to be had. My then-wife was seven months pregnant, and we were traveling with two large dogs. I was more than a teensy bit ticked off, you might say. :ignore:

I managed to keep my cool, and the "flies with honey" thing took over. The motel manager took pity on us, and managed to come up with a half-remodeled room out back. No carpet on the floor, no paint on the walls, but a reasonable bed and hot shower was enough for us. The next night they got us into a regualr room. But I never did get my deposit back on the original room, even though the mistake was theirs.

Ever since, I've made it a point to confirm reservations in advance, if I have any doubt at all they'll know my name when I get there. We laugh about the incident now, but at the time it was anything but funny. :p

Dave

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but have you seen Don40's kid play? One word comes to mind: David Beckham. Okay, two words.

Don, just trying to help you out here.

Not trying to brag, but he score 3 to 4 goals a game and only scored one that day. Yes it is a team sport, but having certain players make a difference.

I really wanted to point out the BC service has deteriorated from when they initially opened. Been going there since tower one was opened.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago someone posted with a similar check-in nightmare (here or on another site, I do not recall where). She approached it from the perspective of, "No matter how bad timesharing can get, it is better than camping."

... not that there is anything wrong with camping, it just puts it in perspective.

Anyone with, "31 years of exchanges, many per year" (plus, presumably, other regular reservations) who has not experienced a lost reservation truly lives a charmed life. (My first lost Wyndham reservation occurred within three years of purchase. It ended happily (well, sort of ... the lost reservation was one of three and it was for my MIL:rofl:), probably due to the fact we were checking-in at 2 p.m., so there were some options available to correct the error. (And wouldn't you know it, that was one of the few times that I did not have a printout of my confirmation with me ... never again, especially at Wyndham).

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
one of the few times that I did not have a printout of my confirmation with me ... never again, especially at Wyndham).

Not just Wyndham, we are in a Comfort Inn TONIGHT. I have the print-out (always carry with, always call to confirm ahead. )

I had called at 6 p.m. to confirm today.

Got here at 7:30 p.m. Front desk guy could not find our reservation. Said we had it in a differnet name maybe?

I gave him the print-out. He looked at it for a long time. Finaly he fumbled in the desk area for a long time and came up with some glasses!!!!

He looked at the paper again- I am sure he had never seen a Comfirt Inncom print-out before!

He finally gave us keys - and we went up: 2 beds in the room, instead of a king.

We went right down. He said, that was your reservation. I gave him the paper again, and said The reservation says 'King.'

He got out the glasses again!

He looked at it again for a long time.

finally, we had our room.

DH is going CRAZY -- not mad, just in disbelief shock! And he could not understand one word the guy said, either!

So it happens everywhere.

Without our print-out we would not have a room, even at Comfort INn.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few years ago, I arrived at a hotel in Philadelphia with a reservation made through Expedia. They did not have a reservation in my name. I pulled the trip folder out of my briefcase and handed the clerk the printout of my confirmation. She disappeared with it, then re-appeared in less than a minute ... type, type, type ... and handed me my room key cards.

Then there was the time I showed up at the Tahiti Vacation Club on West Tropicana in Las Vegas for an exchange (after a 450 mi. drive with wife and kids in tow, of course). They did not have a reservation for me (I sense, but do not need to see DW's laser-beam eyes, and the room temperature seems to be increasing). I pulled out my confirmation, and the clerk said, "Oh, this is for the Tahiti Village on South Las Vegas Blvd" and gave me directions. (It was a MapQuest problem, but who knows how long it would have taken to sort out the situation without that printout). (The Tahiti Village turned out to be much nicer for us than the Tahiti Vacation Club would have been).

Maybe it is like the old Candid Camera; "when you least expect it" you will need that printout -- can't hurt, at any rate.

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then there was the time I showed up at the Tahiti Vacation Club on West Tropicana in Las Vegas for an exchange (after a 450 mi. drive with wife and kids in tow, of course). They did not have a reservation for me (I sense, but do not need to see DW's laser-beam eyes, and the room temperature seems to be increasing). I pulled out my confirmation, and the clerk said, "Oh, this is for the Tahiti Village on South Las Vegas Blvd" and gave me directions. (It was a MapQuest problem, but who knows how long it would have taken to sort out the situation without that printout). (The Tahiti Village turned out to be much nicer for us than the Tahiti Vacation Club would have been).

We had a similiar problem last year. We drove from Orlando to Wyndham Ocean Blvd using Onstar to get us there. Well, husband gave the address to Onstar as xxx Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach. Wyndham Ocean Blvd is in North Myrtle Beach which we now know is a big difference.

kwilson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Either the clerks or the manager must (or should) have been aware of the RCI emergency number. It would have been a simple matter for them to call RCI to straighten it all out.