• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Accommodation Certificate through 2/15

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We booked with our AC today. Taking some friends with us to the Welk resort in Escondido in early October. I still have a SDO deposit to use by December? Any ideas of something I could book for a second week in Cali or Mexico..something that might have late availability for Oct 12,2014.
We are thrilled with our $239 price for a 2 bedroom.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
When Marriott Weeks Owners enroll in the Destination Club they're assigned a new/corporate II account in which they can exchange their enrolled Weeks exactly as they're able to do in their old/individual II accounts. The difference is that the DC Club Fee covers the II transaction fees for any Marriott-to-Marriott exchanges in that account. For many of us it equates to enrollment being a cost-savings measure.

Since I'm new to Marriott, I want to make sure my understanding is correct on this. We have an existing II account that we use with our Kaanapali Beach Club week. Once we get our new "corporate" II account after closing for our enrolled Marriott week, we'll thus have a second II account for that Barony week. My assumption is that if we sell our Kaanapali Beach Club week, we'll then be able to close our current II account and just use the "corporate" Marriott account, correct?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since I'm new to Marriott, I want to make sure my understanding is correct on this. We have an existing II account that we use with our Kaanapali Beach Club week. Once we get our new "corporate" II account after closing for our enrolled Marriott week, we'll thus have a second II account for that Barony week. My assumption is that if we sell our Kaanapali Beach Club week, we'll then be able to close our current II account and just use the "corporate" Marriott account, correct?

Yes, if you sell your KBC, you can close your other II account, assuming you do not have any trailing deposits/exchanges you wish to use.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Correct, sort of. You never really close the old account. You will always have it, you just don't pay the membership fee to renew it. You can always log in to that account and pay the membership fee to renew it, even long after it has expired. II will likely never know that you sold your KBC week.

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
No luck yet

So far in areas where the grid shos availability we have had no luck.
What we see is one of three categories for our desires.
1. A desirable week in an undesirable timeshare.
2.A desirable timeshare in an undesirable location.
3. An undesirable timeshare in an undesirable location.
Lots of Williamsburg and Orlando and areas timeshares have been massively overbuilt.
We used to get an extra AC for each week we deposit but have not seen this this year. We originally found many very good uses but they seem to have dwindled where we have looked in recent years and we have just let several weeks go unused. We are retired and able to travel at short notice. Maybe we are part of the problem having being able to stay in so many Marriott's and Westin timeshares we have gotten spoiled rottenly.Units we used to appreciate no longer appeal to us as meeting our needs.

davevt98

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you extend the expiration of an AC? Is there a proper place that other Tuggers can easily exchange or gift AC's before they expire?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you extend the expiration of an AC? Is there a proper place that other Tuggers can easily exchange or gift AC's before they expire?

Yes, you can extend AC's. I even have some heavily restricted ones that have no extension in the T&C but they can still be extended.

The best place to give away an AC is in the sightings forum but please note that it can be a royal pain. If you post a general AC giveaway you will quickly receive 10-20 requests for things that are either not on the grid or not available. It may not be practical.

You can decrease the noise by specifying that the request needs to be for a known unit that exists, which is hard for some people if they don't have a deposit or a dummy to use. What I did was find a specific unit that I was pretty sure would still be there for a day and it would be something desirable. I posted that specific week as a distress and I had a taker very quickly. I then exchanged for the unit with my AC and added the GC.

It's much easier to just let them expire. An alternative is to have a specific group tuggers and send a private to each of them offering the AC as a giveaway.

Last edited:

davevt98

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I have let previous AC's expire not knowing that they could be extended. What a bummer. I will keep a look out for anyone not using their AC.

Last edited:

rylan

Reaction score
Some aren't eligible for extension... mine that shows it expires 2/15 cannot be extended.