• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice on dvc ogs criteria

Merbears

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello I entered my ogs in rci 11/13 for dvc 6/20/15-8/21/15, 1 bedroom, sleeps 5. We really would love to stay at ak or blt but would be happy with bcv or bwv . The dilemma is whether to include SSR. It's our last choice but would prefer SSR to offsite. We have 57 tpu attached to this search. What are our chances of getting a match on one of the first four? Thanks! You are awesome - I have been a TUG voyer for months ; this is my first post.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I do not think your 5 person will pull a 1 BR in RCI, despite some sleeping 5. It it likely only going to pull 2BR. 57 TPUs is plenty for a 2BR in summer. So, if you want a 1BR, change your RCI search to 1Br for 4, and then just call member services @ DVC after your get your reservation to add all the names, including 5th person (that is what I have done 3X). Leave out SSR. I think you will have 99% chance of getting either AKV/BLT with such open dates, with AKV being much more certain. You might consider OKW, which has sleeper chair. Great pool area, great Key West theming, fun community hall/boardwalk area with shuffleboard, games, bike rentals, snack bar. My teens like it a lot. It is our 2nd choice after AKV.
VWL all have sleeping chairs now, but my kids find it sort of boring, but easy boat ride to Ft W with lots to do.
BVW and BCV do not have sleeping for 5th person--it would be bring your own sleeping bag/air mattress. DVC might or might not let you register a 5th person in those units.
You will mostly likely get a hit for late June dates (as those will be loaded 1st),probably around December. There is tons of availability by 8/20. I had my pick of 1BR units last year between VWL, OKW, SSR, AKV for mid Aug. arrival. Aug. hit around early Feb. in RCI.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
AKV at Kidani Village has a sleeper chair plus those 1bdr units have 2 full bathrooms.

BWV is a straight 4 persons for the 1bdr with 1 bathroom - no sleeper chair.

VWL is just plain STRANGE as a 1bdr -- no sleeper chair (sleeps 4 person also). Sort of a walk thru bathrooms --- with a toilet room off the hall bathroom with a sink & shower -- which can also be walked thru from the BEDROOM jetted tub which has a sink.

So to explain it clearly, if sleeping in the BEDROOM, you walk thru your JETTED TUB & sink room, thru the door into the main shower & sink room to the door for the toilet room. The main shower & sink room also has a door to the LR. And the balcony barely could fit 2 persons sitting outside.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
AKV at Kidani Village has a sleeper chair plus those 1bdr units have 2 full bathrooms.
I agree you have a VERY good chance of getting AKV and BLT, and I don't think you need to look any further.

The question is: which is more important? Do you want to be close to MK? Or would you rather have two bathrooms?

Which way you go on that depends on your group. If you have small kids in the group, being within walking distance to MK may be worth more than the second bathroom. If you have a car, distance becomes much less of a factor and the second bathroom may tip the scales the other way.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
my mistake. VWL studios now sleep 5 with a murphy bed.

Merbears

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going with DH, G12, and my mother . Either Ak or Blt would make all extremely happy . DH is the little kid in the group . Thank you all ! I have just joined so I will post any sightings I see as well.

Merbears

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 bathrooms would be wonderful since my 12G has declared she does not care where she sleeps if we have a 2nd bathroom.