• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II - E Plus Retrade

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does the Interval International E Plus Retrade work? Is there a write up on the II website. I have an exchange over Thanksgiving and may not be able to use it because of a terminal relative. I didn't know if I have to retrade before then or if I could cancel it and retrade later?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Do you already have eplus for the week? You can only add it within 5 days from the exchange.

Since it is less than 60 days from check in you are going to have restrictions on both. When you CANCEL the trade you will get a replacement week that will expire one year from the date you cancelled. The replacement week will only be good for exchanges made 59 days or less (flexchange), since that is when you are cancelling. You will have to pay a new exchange fee when you want to use the exchange week.

If you use Etrade plus there will be no exchange fee but you can only confirm something that is 59 days or less from the current check in date. You can then immediately retrade up to 2 more times but each time you can only confirm something that is 59 days or less from the unit you currently have confirmed. So each subsequent one can be up to 59 days further out.

If you had cancelled or initiated an eplus trade before the 60 day mark you wouldn't have the same restrictions.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, already have E Plus for the week. Thanks for the information, not what I wanted to hear, but at least I know more. So if I decide not to use the week and do the retrade at 30 days from check-in, then I can only retrade 30 days past the check-in date?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
No, it doesn't become more restrictive at 30 days. With plus, it is the 59 day restriction once inside the 60 day and stays that way up until the day before. You do need to start the etrade plus re-trade at least 24 hours before check in time.

juanitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that when you try to do a retrade less than 60 days from check-in on a confirmation made through a DC account (not from a purchase of eplus) your search is limited to your date of check-in and prior? I haven't seen this fact posted anywhere and in fact all indications from reading prior posts is that I should be able to go 60 days past my check-in date but that is not what I am experiencing.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that when you try to do a retrade less than 60 days from check-in on a confirmation made through a DC account (not from a purchase of eplus) your search is limited to your date of check-in and prior? I haven't seen this fact posted anywhere and in fact all indications from reading prior posts is that I should be able to go 60 days past my check-in date but that is not what I am experiencing.

The DC account should work the same as a regular account. Retrades are not and never have been 60 days from check-in. They are 60 days (or 59) from the current day. So if you tried a retrade right now inside of 60 days you can search through 12/21/14. My guess is that you are attempting a retrade on an exchange that happens to check in on 12/21/14. Tomorrow the window will change to 12/22/14.

Only E-Plus retrades use the flex search window from the check-in day.

juanitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. You are correct. I can see now that every day that goes by, one additional day is added to my search range. Makes sense. Thanks

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. You are correct. I can see now that every day that goes by, one additional day is added to my search range. Makes sense. Thanks

If a restricted exchange doesn't work for you don't hesitate to cancel and get a replacement week. Even though it will still be restricted it will have a 1 year expiration date so the 60 day window will continue to move forward for another 10 months. I think you want to cancel before you get inside 30 days, which would add a further restriction.

You can add E-Plus to a replacement week but I am wondering what benefit it adds to a flex restricted replacement besides the obvious 3 included retrades. I added Eplus to a non restricted replacement week and the replacement week expiration superseded the eplus expiration.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the additional restrictions inside the 30 day window?

Sorry, it is inside 14 days, not 30. Then it is restricted to 30 days from the current day rather than 60. This only applies to a regular cancellation or retrade and not E-Plus. juanitar was referring to not having E-Plus.

Politico

TUG Member
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread, but can you initiate a new ongoing search with an e-plus week? In my case, I am looking to trade up from confirmed 1 bedroom to 2 bedroom.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread, but can you initiate a new ongoing search with an e-plus week? In my case, I am looking to trade up from confirmed 1 bedroom to 2 bedroom.

No. Once you have any confirmed exchange you give up the right to place an OGS. This holds true with or without E-Plus. The only way is to cancel, get a replacement week, and then place the OGS with another exchange fee.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, essentially, e-plus gives you access to retrade through instant exchanges only, right?

Yes. Retrades have always been there but only for instant inventory. You used to have to call but now you can do it yourself online. E-Plus makes it cheaper while also eliminating some (but not all) of the burdensome time restrictions.

Re-trading for something rare is plenty of work. It entails manually checking at least every early morning.