• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVN Membership Fee

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I think I finally have my SDO SVN membership fee situation finally resolved. Since January, I have been receiving past due notices for this fee. I have received 3 past due notices and each time I call I get different info as to yes I owe the amount, no I don't.

I think I have it resolved.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
I think I have it resolved.

What were the magic words to resolve it? I've got a $134 SVN fee on 2 of my accounts and the rep told me that "yes" I owe both. The funny thing is that one of them is a voluntary resale that's not even in SVN.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Famous last words. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad

Well, I finally had to get my attorney involved as he could see how stressedI was about this continuous inability on Starwoods side to figure this out.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What were the magic words to resolve it? I've got a $134 SVN fee on 2 of my accounts and the rep told me that "yes" I owe both. The funny thing is that one of them is a voluntary resale that's not even in SVN.

That is what they have been telling me since January, that I owe the SVN fee even thou my SDO is resale. My attorney told me to pay the bill and demand to use the SO's and when I did that they told me I could not since it was a resale. They have stated that they have credited my CC, but as of this morning the charge is still on there…

I have received 3 past due bills saying I owe this amount and my attorney has told them if I receive a 4th then I'm entitled to the SO's.

The person we spoke with 2 days ago seemed the most knowledgeable and since it was on speakerphone and my attorney was asking questions, they realized that I had an attorney that was not going to stand for this

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have had my share of problems with Starwood but never with this kind. They added the fees to 3 resales (never the good ones only EOY or one bedroom). I have always had it taken care of on the first call when making reservations. The first agent puts me on hold and then talks to someone and gets it taken care of. In all of the instances, the week either came with prepaid MF or I paid online ignoring ARDA and SVN before calling. It doesn't show immediately as taken care of but as promised within a week it was corrected. In one instance the old owner prepaid not only the MF's but also the SVN fee. I took ownership before the new year started. In that case I was able to have the fee removed and the SVN fee amount credited to the following years MF's.

Hope everyone gets this settled quickly.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Well, I finally had to get my attorney involved as he could see how stressedI was about this continuous inability on Starwoods side to figure this out.

Excellent. SVN really does take this type of issue too casually.

This happened to me in 2006 when I bought WMH resale. I paid the SVN fee for years and when I inquired 2-3 years after purchase they realized the mistake and told me they would simply honor the StarOptions for the week. So, I paid the extra $33 or so (as it was my second week) for a bunch of years and never used the StarOptions (only 56k). I gave the week away a few years ago so don't have to worry about it any longer, but still think this type of administrative screwup is ridiculous...especially since it's been going on for at least nine years.

Sent from my iPad

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Excellent. SVN really does take this type of issue too casually.

This happened to me in 2006 when I bought WMH resale. I paid the SVN fee for years and when I inquired 2-3 years after purchase they realized the mistake and told me they would simply honor the StarOptions for the week. So, I paid the extra $33 or so (as it was my second week) for a bunch of years and never used the StarOptions (only 56k). I gave the week away a few years ago so don't have to worry about it any longer, but still think this type of administrative screwup is ridiculous...especially since it's been going on for at least nine years.

Sent from my iPad

The part that was making me so upset is that I called on 3 separate occasions each time being told yes I had to pay then once a supervisor got on was told that I did not have to pay. Then I would receive a past due bill for the SVN fee and it was wash - rinse - repeat all over again...