• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I am new to TS. Please Help!

thompson4654

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I split my lock off units with DAE and deposit two weeks? Is it similar to RCI? How does it work? Pros and Cons of DAE.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Can I split my lock off units with DAE and deposit two weeks? Is it similar to RCI? How does it work? Pros and Cons of DAE.

I'm not a DAE rep but this question has been sitting for over a week with no response. I've been trading with them for years and I do know the answer to this because I've done it with them.

If I'm still not welcome to comment just delete my post.

Split your weeks at your resort and get confirmations for each of the two weeks.

Now you can deposit both weeks with DAE.

Depending on the size of your split units, you can get an even sized trade or if you trade up there is a $25 charge for each size you trade up.

Just make sure you deposit them far enough out so you don't get close to the 2 month limit. Within 2 months you can't make a deposit.

You can call them first to make sure they will take the units you want to trade.

There are some efficiencies that they won't take.

Last edited:

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I just saw this posting and response.

That is correct. We will take both a 1 bedroom and a lockoff unit as two separate deposits. In some cases, we may ask you for the 2 bedroom based on what we currently have requests for, but it would be your choice. We do charge a $50 fee per bedroom upgrade should you decide to exchange a 1 bedroom for a 2 bedroom (or studio to multiple bedroom).

Thanks for the inquiry AND thanks for the answer.

carpaidiem

Reaction score
Hi
We are another newbee to the whole thing of time share. So new:) in fact we are still waiting for the return on our time share paperwork.
Well after all my waffle ? is it right we can pay DAI a fee of $50 to get an extra bedroom unit ect: Oh yea we are in Australia :
Hope I'm not making to much of a dill of myself:hi: PS our time share is a 2 bed & 2 bathroom villa.
Thanks mal

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi
We are another newbee to the whole thing of time share. So new:) in fact we are still waiting for the return on our time share paperwork.
Well after all my waffle ? is it right we can pay DAI a fee of $50 to get an extra bedroom unit ect: Oh yea we are in Australia :
Hope I'm not making to much of a dill of myself:hi: PS our time share is a 2 bed & 2 bathroom villa.
Thanks mal

If you deposit your 2 BR with DAE and take an exchange of anything bigger than a 2 BR you will have to pay a size upgrade. I believe it is $50 U.S. for each room size bigger. I was hoping DAE would get in this discussion, I'm not sure if your rules in Australia are the same as here in the US.

The nice thing about DAE is that you will see all available inventory when you do a search. If you see a bonus week you want, you do not have to give up one of your deposits, just pay the listed fee.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
Hello all, I am also new to TUG and have read several posts about DAE. I would like to look into their exchange/deposit policy. I spend most of my vacation weeks in Aruba and St. Maarten. Do they have much availability in the Caribbean?

My 2nd question is: I own a 2-bedroom Marriott and it's always deposited as a lock-off (for a fee, of course), then when I exchange the units thru II there's another fee involved; would I save $$ if I used DAE instead of II?

I am really getting disillusioned with II. Please feel free to enlighten me. I am learning as I go. Thank you.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello all, I am also new to TUG and have read several posts about DAE. I would like to look into their exchange/deposit policy. I spend most of my vacation weeks in Aruba and St. Maarten. Do they have much availability in the Caribbean?

My 2nd question is: I own a 2-bedroom Marriott and it's always deposited as a lock-off (for a fee, of course), then when I exchange the units thru II there's another fee involved; would I save $$ if I used DAE instead of II?

I am really getting disillusioned with II. Please feel free to enlighten me. I am learning as I go. Thank you.

While you are waiting for DAE to answer, you can go here to get a lot of info.

http://www.daelive.com/default.aspx

There is no trading power per se. You probably won't find a lot of resorts with Marriott "quality." If you split your unit and deposit them both, you will get 2 weeks back. Once you deposit you will have 3 years to use the deposit.

It is free to join or you can upgrade to gold advantage. Exchange fees are lower than II. There is a fee for size upgrade if you take a unit larger than the one you deposit.

One thing I really like is that you can see all availability even before you join or deposit anything.

I hope this helps a little

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score
From DAE

Thanks for the inquiries and information! All the information going around on this thread is correct. We do not have a rating system and you can deposit lock offs as 2 units. We do charge a bedroom upgrade fee of $50 per bedroom per week.

Remember, we also have the Prime Time Rewards program. This program rewards depositors for high value weeks. Take a look at our site (after log in) to see the list of areas for which we reward!

Thanks again for the input.

Happy Holidays to all the folks on TUG!

By the way, we are ending the year with a bonus week special, all of our last minute weeks are $199 and Gold Advantage members are getting an extra 20% off of that!

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks mal

The policies might be slightly different with the Australia office. I know that there are some differences between the US and the UK, where I am a DAE member.