• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Extra Vacations >> Last Call or Instant Exchange

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge:

Thanks for responding to all my previous posts. I have this question. If i see a place i like in Extra Vacations (weeks at 300 to 600$) - could i call a rep and get it as an exchange (instant exchange if its less than 45 days) or Last Call?

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
wilmark,

Generally, the Extra Vacations inventory priced below $500 is available for exchange. In fact, it would not be necessary to check Extra Vacations first - you could simply do a search using your deposited week.

Last Call options are targeted areas that change every other week or so. Not all areas of surplus availability will be featured in Last Call at a particular time. You'll need to check Last Call specifically to see which regions are included.

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deposited Week?

What do you mean by "search using your deposited week" i have a points membership and i am searching under the weeks option. I dont find anywhere near as many options here as i do in extra vacations. which is why i was asking this question. What about the EV over 500$ are these special and out of reach from booking normally - are these owned by non members (like RCI when they exchange for a cruise or partners option)?

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
wilmark,

Extra Vacations priced under about $500 should be available using your Points for the discounted Instant Exchange point values. Higher priced Extra Vacations are probably not available for exchange. As you say, it could be inventory representing cruise exchanges, etc.

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
wilmark,

Extra Vacations priced under about $500 should be available using your Points for the discounted Instant Exchange point values. Higher priced Extra Vacations are probably not available for exchange. As you say, it could be inventory representing cruise exchanges, etc.

Madge

Why are higher priced EVs not available for exchange? As you say above, they may be inventory representing cruise exchanges, etc. Then again, they may not be. Maybe they are just plain old member deposits at nice resorts. Why are member deposits priced higher than $500 not available for exchange?

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pit,

Member deposits in Extra Vacations would be surplus unless they were from cruise exchanges or Points Partner transactions. These would be priced lower and would be available for Weeks exchanges.

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pit,

Member deposits in Extra Vacations would be surplus unless they were from cruise exchanges or Points Partner transactions. These would be priced lower and would be available for Weeks exchanges.

Madge

Help me understand this. Are you stating that all member deposits in EV are priced below $500 (ie. available for exchange), and anything priced above $500 is not a member deposit?

Last edited:

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pit,

The $500 mark is a guideline, but as far as I know there are very few, if any, exceptions. Also, just to be clear, member deposits that represent cruise exchange or Points Partners transactions would be in the over $500 category.