• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kings Land 2br

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

Just checked into phase 1 kings land 2br. Very nice room and great property! I'm trying to figure out what's different about Phase 2 which I think is approx 150 sf smaller?

Can someone describe the difference? Or have the new layout? I remember reading that some visitors preferred the layout of the P2?

This is a very nice room - but hoping to avoid a tour to get the answer.

Thx!!!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Wow -- thank you for the pics! That is very helpful and interesting to sit here and see the difference in the primary living area.

They've saved space by creating a smaller kitchen (less counter space -- not sure what cabinets are missing) and they've moved the dining table up against the wall and fixed the bench -- makes sense.

They also appear to have removed a closet that we use as a food pantry -- DW would be sorry to lose that -- but otherwise don't see much difference in the living area.

And the Master Bath in Phase 1 clearly has a little extra space too. Nice big bath tub may have been sacriced in Phase 2 as well as open area by the vanities.

At first glance, Phase 2 doesn't appear to be much of a sacrifice from Phase 1 -- if at all. And you have to love those extra points.

Thanks again!

Greg

Emi

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The angle of the pictures makes the room look larger than life.The furniture is small scale, made for the unit. I would say floorspace is at least 25% less. Tiny and cute dining table barely have room for 4 people. Kitchen and living area half the size. The bedrooms and bathrooms are nice though. Small furniture but adequate.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The angle of the pictures makes the room look larger than life.The furniture is small scale, made for the unit. I would say floorspace is at least 25% less. Tiny and cute dining table barely have room for 4 people. Kitchen and living area half the size. The bedrooms and bathrooms are nice though. Small furniture but adequate.

Did it feel cramped? That's an interesting observation about the dining table (since there are 5 of us in my family....).

Hmmm....I may have to do a tour after all. DW will be so happy. :doh:

DaveC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed in a 1 bedroom last year. From the pictures, it looks like they moved the dining room table out of the kitchen area and used a smaller table. In the first phase design, the dining table is right there. You can see more kitchen space in the 2nd phase design. Overall, the new room does like a bit smaller. I like the original design better. The furniture looks better in the first design. I liked KingsLand better than the Bay Club too.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg,
Glad to see you like the property. Do you know if phase II will have a separate RCI code, or some other way to tell them apart?

P.S. Happy Fathers day! Nothing like spending the day in Hawaii with the kids.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All,

I was able to get into the new 2br model without doing the tour. Definitely more cozy-smaller but not cramped. I will get back and post pics but Jonell told me she would be fine with the space and we both felt that the space was better utilized. But definitely smaller. I took some rough meAsurements of the main room and will post after stepping off my current room.

Thx

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All,

A little more info - I stepped off the new living/dining area and note it to be approx 266 sq ft (or 14 x 19 flip flops). The existing building is 300 sf (12 x 25 ffs). The tactile differences I noticed were less counter space, loss of the closet with shelves and a modestly tighter dining area. The master bed/bath felt better laid out and wouldn't be an issue at all - either with the guest room/bath.

We really liked the P2 unit and I could see us staying here with our points.

All the best

Greg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All,

A little more info - I stepped off the new living/dining area and note it to be approx 266 sq ft (or 14 x 19 flip flops). The existing building is 300 sf (12 x 25 ffs). The tactile differences I noticed were less counter space, loss of the closet with shelves and a modestly tighter dining area. The master bed/bath felt better laid out and wouldn't be an issue at all - either with the guest room/bath.

We really liked the P2 unit and I could see us staying here with our points.

All the best

Greg

All,

The very nice lady at the front desk found vacant rooms for me and another nice bell man took me on a tour. More random trivia on room sizes:

Living Area of Bay Club 2BR (Suite A) is 465sf including kitchen
Living Area of Bay Club 1BR is 334 sf including kitchen

Kohala Suites 2BR is ~390 sf including kitchen (harder to gauge because of angle)

And repeating earlier data:

KingsLand 2BR (Phase 1) is 300 sf including kitchen
KingsLand 2BR (Phase 2) is 266 sf including kitchen

All were in the same unit measurement (my flip flops) so the relative estimates are reasonable.

This may not be interesting to anybody (except me), but I was curious about the living space for the family in each of the area units.

All the best,

Greg

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds decent. Is it a far walk to the Hilton Hotel? I love the amenities at the hotel.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Greg,
Glad to see you like the property. Do you know if phase II will have a separate RCI code, or some other way to tell them apart?

P.S. Happy Fathers day! Nothing like spending the day in Hawaii with the kids.

I hope it's a different RCI code. I would like to stay in the higher point section (Phase 1) for my RCI exchange next year ;)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
All,

I was able to get into the new 2br model without doing the tour. Definitely more cozy-smaller but not cramped. I will get back and post pics but Jonell told me she would be fine with the space and we both felt that the space was better utilized. But definitely smaller. I took some rough meAsurements of the main room and will post after stepping off my current room.

Thx

I would love to see pictures.

I like the videos of the exterior resort area at Kingsland but I never liked the open floor plan for the kitchen/dining room & master bedroom/bathroom. Just curious if the master bathroom will be closed off from the master bedroom in Phase 2

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqYWvHpZq0w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSxBkVR3k3g

Thanks

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would love to see pictures.

I like the videos of the exterior resort area at Kingsland but I never liked the open floor plan for the kitchen/dining room & master bedroom/bathroom. Just curious if the master bathroom will be closed off from the master bedroom in Phase 2

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqYWvHpZq0w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSxBkVR3k3g

Thanks

Yes, the master bathroom is closed off from the master bedroom in Phase 2.

I did take pictures on my new phone (I hope I can figure out how to get them off the darned thing) so I hope to post soon.

Best,

Greg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sounds decent. Is it a far walk to the Hilton Hotel? I love the amenities at the hotel.

Yes, it is approx 3/4 mile to the hotel? The shuttle is pretty consistent though so that helps -- and I agree -- I really like the hotel!

Best,

Greg

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's pictures from GregT

7406555396_34572c47b3_b.jpg

7406555598_7c9e485e47_b.jpg

7406546842_dcf05cd5b4_b.jpg

7406546378_8822a8ce5e_b.jpg

7406547084_a0d09211e9_b.jpg

7406547304_242a5e7708_b.jpg

7406545614_ecba579e77_b.jpg

7406546570_f1ed311dc4_b.jpg

9/
7406545752_e17a478ea2_b.jpg

Last edited:

TLA

Reaction score
The Phase II units are much smaller than Phase I. The buildings have an interior hall with units off each side. This means the 2nd bedroom is on the "hall side" and doesn't have a window.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Makes me appreciate the very large Bay Club units.

Now with the renovation being complete over at Bay Club that would be my first choice, since pool access at hotel is not a big priority for me.

Kingsland would be my second, but only if I was able to get in via RCI. Too many points for the phase 1 product via HGVC. Phase 2 units look sort of on the small size.

Since Bay Club is easier via both RCI and via HGVC, it will be my primary target.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Makes me appreciate the very large Bay Club units.

Now with the renovation being complete over at Bay Club that would be my first choice, since pool access at hotel is not a big priority for me.

Kingsland would be my second, but only if I was able to get in via RCI. Too many points for the phase 1 product via HGVC. Phase 2 units look sort of on the small size.

Since Bay Club is easier via both RCI and via HGVC, it will be my primary target.

Sandy,

This is where I'm gravitating to. Those Bay Club units were really nice when I walked through them, the new renovation is very well done (and those lanai's are fantastic). But the KingsLand amenities (the pool, pool bar and restaurant) are all very convenient when staying close to the timeshare or at the end of the day's adventures.

It's a real trade off -- the unit space for the property amenities. We really like Kings Land a lot, but I think next time will be a Bay Club or WBR visit to stretch points.

One other interesting comment from the really nice lady at the front-desk (of the Bay Club/WBR property), she said that since the renovations were completed, the Bay Club occupancy has sky rocketed where it is almost always full. She said it is also very common for someone to come and visit for 3 or 4 weeks at a time. I can definitely see living in that unit for a month.

All the best,

Greg

FYI -- Steve, thanks for the pics help -- and sorry that these files are so cumbersome to work with.....

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I generally explore, go scuba diving, go to the beach, etc. I don't generally just hang by the pool, so BC works fine for me.

If I were to just hang by the pool I don't think I would fly all the way to Hawaii.

Mind you when I was there 18 months ago staying at Kingsland via an RCI exchange, I did use both the Hilton pool and the Kingsland Complex pool. We had a room that overlooked the smaller quieter pool and I often just used that pool.

The pool at the Hilton was OK, but ended up getting closed because someone took a dump in the pool. Some people are so gross. Needless to say I did not revisit the Hilton pools after that.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg,

Thanks for taking those pictures. I think the place looks great for a family. I'm okay with the units being a little smaller. The pool is something that I think my family would really love and the reason why I've been shying away from bay club.

Steve

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pool at the Hilton was OK, but ended up getting closed because someone took a dump in the pool. Some people are so gross. Needless to say I did not revisit the Hilton pools after that.
I worked in the hotel industry for years. This happens all the time, believe it or not. :eek:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
we have an upcoming RCI trade this summer. Since we made the trade 1 year ago, are we in Phase I? We have 5 persons in a 2BR and and Phase II looks too small, and I don't like the 2nd BR with no window.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
we have an upcoming RCI trade this summer. Since we made the trade 1 year ago, are we in Phase I? We have 5 persons in a 2BR and and Phase II looks too small, and I don't like the 2nd BR with no window.

I don't believe Phase 2 will be completed until almost the end of 2012 so you should be in Phase 1 -- I think you'll enjoy it, it's a lovely property!

Best,

Greg

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Wow, thanks for pictures. That room is small :eek:

My husband commented that it looked like a hotel suite with a mini kitchen thrown in the corner.

I was wondering why Phase 2 didn't have an enclosed U-shaped kitchen but now I can see why. There's simply no space.

There appears to be just enough clearance between the refrigerator and sofa so you can open up the refrigerator door.

Last edited: