• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

College Football Playoff Predictions!

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's OK, I was shocked when I found out Santa wasn't real.

I knew someone would pull out the "elevates a program". Quite the elevation to move from one P5 conference to another and be winning one side of the new conference in the second and third years. Maybe, just maybe, Mizzou was as good as the SEC east, even when they played in the "lowly" B12?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's OK - you seem to have the common misconception of thinking the conference makes the program - actually it is the PROGRAM that makes the conference.

The SEC is richer BECAUSE Mizzou is in it - and the Big "12" is poorer

Simple really:
"I mean, they're not gonna kill ya, so if you give 'em a quick short, sharp, shock, they won't do it again. Dig it? I mean he get off lightly, 'cause I would've given him a thrashing - I only hit him once! It was only a difference of opinion, but really...I mean good manners don't cost nothing do they, eh?"

Read more: Pink Floyd - Us And Them Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh! The stars have realigned and the natural world order has returned!

Clemson has returned back to dominating the cocks!

BTW, the ACC is 3-0 against the SEC today although I really didn't want to see Georgia lose to GT as it makes it harder now for the Orange Bowl to take Clemson over them and I also like Georgia a lot.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's OK - you seem to have the common misconception of thinking the conference makes the program - actually it is the PROGRAM that makes the conference.

The SEC is richer BECAUSE Mizzou is in it - and the Big "12" is poorer

Simple really:
Uh, it was am1 that inferred that the SEC made Mizzou better, not I. I don't give two hoots about conference affiliation. To me, it's about individual teams, not conferences.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Uh, it was am1 that inferred that the SEC made Mizzou better, not I. I don't give two hoots about conference affiliation. To me, it's about individual teams, not conferences.

It has. The sec saw something in Mizzou and A&M. Being in the SEC makes MIZZOU better. MIZZOU in the SEC makes the SEC better as well.

They get more recruits, bigger budget, coaches are less likely to leave, and the SEC bias. Do not get me wrong the east has been down and there will be a time when MIZZOU is in the bottom half of the east.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has. The sec saw something in Mizzou and A&M. Being in the SEC makes MIZZOU better. MIZZOU in the SEC makes the SEC better as well.

They get more recruits, bigger budget, coaches are less likely to leave, and the SEC bias. Do not get me wrong the east has been down and there will be a time when MIZZOU is in the bottom half of the east.
It wasn't like recruits couldn't play for the MNC with Mizzou, when Mizzou was in the B12. To claim that Mizzou was noticeably better in 2 years simply by joining the SEC is silly. Maybe after 5 or so years they'll see a small bump up due to slightly better recruits, but even that is insignificant relative to many other factors. As I said, it's far more believable that Mizzou in the B12 was every bit as good as the teams in the SEC east.
I would somewhat buy that the B12 has made TCU better, in the sense that recruits couldn't play for the MNC when TCU was in the MWC, even though they were good enough to win it all. But I think TCU would have also been instantly competitive in the B12 had Pachall not had issues. That set them back considerably. As it is they are already at the top of the B12 only 3 years in.

It's not about the conferences, it's about the individual programs.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
ACC 4-0 vs. the SEC today!

In the BCS bowl games this year the ACC was 2-0 and the SEC was 0-2.

Hmm, maybe they should let in 2 ACC teams to the playoff instead of 2 SEC teams! How about FSU and Clemson! :D

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
ACC 4-0 vs. the SEC today!

In the BCS bowl games this year the ACC was 2-0 and the SEC was 0-2.

Hmm, maybe they should let in 2 ACC teams to the playoff instead of 2 SEC teams! How about FSU and Clemson! :D

Actually Georgia Tech has a better record than Clemson so shouldn't the second ACC team be them?

And BTW Mississippi State (still 10-2), Michigan State and Wisconsin all still have a better records than Clemson ......

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Clemson, fan... Once in while there's a total eclipse of the sun, too. Enjoy it while it lasts.

The problem with the SEC is that, by this time in the season, the "better" SEC teams are worn out from beating up on each other, while ACC teams are fresh from playing their little "tune-up" games. :p

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually Georgia Tech has a better record than Clemson so shouldn't the second ACC team be them?

And BTW Mississippi State (still 10-2), Michigan State and Wisconsin all still have a better records than Clemson ......

GT will lose to FSU and they'll have the same records. I was just kidding if you didn't already realize that. I'm just hoping the Orange Bowl picks up Clemson instead of GT.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem with the SEC is that, by this time in the season, the "better" SEC teams are worn out from beating up on each other, while ACC teams are fresh from playing their little "tune-up" games. :p

Boy, doesn't it seem like the SEC is full of "excuses" recently! What's the "excuse" for going 0-2 in the BCS bowl games this year with a month to prepare? :eek:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
And if Georgia Tech wins???? Two tough losses to basketball schools.

This is why College football is the best sport out there. Every Saturday games matter.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Boy, doesn't it seem like the SEC is full of "excuses" recently! What's the "excuse" for going 0-2 in the BCS bowl games this year with a month to prepare? :eek:

I missed your excuses for the ACC for the 2011-2012 season when the SEC went 5-2 over the ACC?

Could you repeat it here please?

Why do you think the SEC holds a 268-132-10 (.666) all-time advantage?

That's 2/3rds BTW

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
And if Georgia Tech wins???? Two tough losses to basketball schools.

This is why College football is the best sport out there. Every Saturday games matter.

Then GT goes to the Orange Bowl and I guess FSU would go to the Peach Bowl. Clemson would then probably go to the Citrus or Outback Bowl.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad my Ducks took care of business, and I'm glad they get Arizona in the PAC 12 Championship Game.

Time for a big dose of revenge.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I missed your excuses for the ACC for the 2011-2012 season when the SEC went 5-2 over the ACC?

Could you repeat it here please?

Why do you think the SEC holds a 268-132-10 (.666) all-time advantage?

That's 2/3rds BTW

And Clemson holds a 23 (no wait, 24 after today) all time series lead over South Carolina, but all we heard for the past 5 years was SEC SEC SEC from the cocks fanbase! Whenever we bought up our all time series domination over them we were told to stop living in the past! So I guess the past is the past, but today it was 4-0 with the biggest whipping out of the 4 was the domination of my Tigers over the cocks! :whoopie::banana::hysterical:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
So then by your weird calculus Louisville must be a LOT better than FSU because they beat Miami by 18 while FSU just "squeaked by" by 4 lousy points.

See the silliness of your contention yet?

yea, when you ignore sarcasm and head to head matchups (read, SEC logic)...you come to those sorts of conclusions.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Well, Ole Miss did their part in shaking up the top four. Fla gave it a good shot too.

Ohio State did not really trounce Michigan as I thought they would, MI made a game of it but our QB got his ankle broke. Next weeks Big Ten championship game will be interesting.

If the OSU team prevails maybe they can grab that #4 spot. My thinking is that the committee will downgrade the team because the QB went down. Even if the QB did not go down, I think OSU would have a lot of trouble against the teams at the top but you never know.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the OSU team prevails maybe they can grab that #4 spot. My thinking is that the committee will downgrade the team because the QB went down. Even if the QB did not go down, I think OSU would have a lot of trouble against the teams at the top but you never know.

That's a very interesting dilemma for the committee! Do they downgrade a team based on them losing their star QB right before the playoff and thus being less likely to be competitive? Before that happened I really thought OSU would get that 4th spot, now I'm thinking it will be TCU or Baylor.

So much for all those predictions of there definitely being 2 SEC teams in the playoff! Who knows, there might be 2 Big 12 teams in the playoff! :eek: If that happened we would think we were watching the basketball Final 4 with what the final scores would be in those games.

I think there's a less than 5% chance of this happening, but what if Missouri upset Alabama in the SEC championship game? :ponder:

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score

What's funny about this particular "excuse" is that the 4 SEC teams that we're talking about here played Charleston Southern, Eastern Kentucky, South Alabama and bye last week. One can see how they'd be so worn out after that murderous schedule. :rolleyes:

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think there's a less than 5% chance of this happening, but what if Missouri upset Alabama in the SEC championship game? :ponder:

Interestingly MSU is a -10 point dog while GT is only at - 4.5:

And what if GT upsets FSU? While AZ beats Oregon (again) we could end up with:

GT
Wisconsin
Baylor
Arizona

:eek::eek::eek:

But really I think Mizzou would get #4 if they knock off Bama

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
That's a very interesting dilemma for the committee! Do they downgrade a team based on them losing their star QB right before the playoff and thus being less likely to be competitive? Before that happened I really thought OSU would get that 4th spot, now I'm thinking it will be TCU or Baylor.

So much for all those predictions of there definitely being 2 SEC teams in the playoff! Who knows, there might be 2 Big 12 teams in the playoff! :eek: If that happened we would think we were watching the basketball Final 4 with what the final scores would be in those games.

The new QB will need a very good outing next Sat. He will get the chance to show it's a team effort but if he stinks the place up it won't matter anyhow.

Does the committee judge on past performance of teams or what they think the teams can do in the future? This might be one of the advantages of having a committee rather than just using stats to determine the four teams.

colatown

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
GT will lose to FSU and they'll have the same records. I was just kidding if you didn't already realize that. I'm just hoping the Orange Bowl picks up Clemson instead of GT.
Maybe with Tater math they would have the same record but with my math 10-3 is better than 9-3.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe with Tater math they would have the same record but with my math 10-3 is better than 9-3.

Yup, you got me!

If they both have 3 losses my bet is that the Orange Bowl will still opt for Clemson and their 30-40k traveling fans vs. GT and their 10k traveling fans.

BTW, how is Columbia feeling now that your 5 year streak is over!? Maybe in another 100 years you'll be able to put together another 5 year streak!

Last edited:

colatown

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Yup, you got me!

If they both have 3 losses my bet is that the Orange Bowl will still opt for Clemson and their 30-40k traveling fans vs. GT and their 10k traveling fans.

BTW, how is Columbia feeling now that your 5 year streak is over!? Maybe in another 100 years you'll be able to put together another 5 year streak!

I'm okay thank you, not worried about 2114, we will be a juggernaut that year.