• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wearable Tech devices what is your preference Fitbit or Jawbone?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fitbit or Jawbone?

Got the Jawbone at BJ's yesterday and the jury is still out? The Jawbone is not compatible with my phone but is compatible with my Samsung Tab S. DW has the iphone 4s and is compatible.

Would like to hear what my fellow tuggers are using, and your experiences thus far?

If you are not familiar with what I am discussing please google wearable tech fitness device.

SherryS

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I like my Jawbone, and have been using 6 weeks now. Just started using the meal feature, so not much experience with that.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
My entire family has Fitbits. We compete against each other. They are great for support.

Nancy

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have had my Fitbit for a year now. Love it and I do think it motivates me to be more active. I'm in Hong Kong now and yesterday I achieved 22628 steps. I don't know how it compares to jawbone but I know my son does not use his jawbone as often as I do with my Fitbit. One thing I would like to add is that Fitbit customer service is top notch. In the past year, I had my wrist band replaced once, then one day my Fitbit just died. I contacted them and a new one was sent to me within a week. I'm looking forward to buying a newer version even my current one still works fine. I feel like I owe Fitbit my business now :)

javabean

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I both got Fitbits for Christmas last year. They easily sync with our computer and we bought the expensive Aria scale soon after. It also syncs easily. Fitbit is a great motivator. The dashboard interface with all your stats works well. BUT..there is one problem that is consistent. The Fitbit band breaks easily, very easily. I am on my 4th band and I haven't owned it for one year yet. The area where the plastic "screen" meets with the other side of the band breaks or comes unglued. It is such a little joint that it is impossible to reglue securely. The bands are not cheap either. Fitbit has not honored my request for replacement. Perhaps the upgraded Fitbit model (I forget the name) might be better constructed.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Fitbit vs Jawbone

I've owned a Jawbone UP 24 and a Fitbit Flex. I prefer the Jawbone Up24 software and the Fitbit Flex band. My UP24 band caught on things and was easier to get wet than the Fitbit. I like being able to change out bands with the Fitbit to have different colors according to what I'm wearing. However, the UP24 was easier to set for sleep and awake and seemed more intuitive. I like its software better. I wish I could merge the two!

sun&fun

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the Fitbit One. When I was looking into purchasing a device, I made my decision based on the size of the smaller clip-on tracker. I wanted something that could attach to my belt, bra, or pocket and wouldn't interfere with bracelets or watches I might wear. Had I opted for the wristband, I probably would have chosen the Jawbone because of it's a bit thinner than the Fitbit Flex.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I got a Fitbit One a few months ago to replace a bulky Omron pedometer I had. I also used a Bodymedia armband for about a year several years ago. I walk so much every day, I wanted a way to track things without thinking much about it.

I was impressed that the Fitbit One is so much smaller and works so much better than either of the devices I used before. I like the clip-on size and functionality, rather than wearing a bracelet. I clip it inside my shirt so it's out of sight and doesn't get in my way. Since I work on computers and printers all day, I'm concerned about wearing things on my hands or wrists. It works great.

I didn't compare the Fitbit against the Jawbone, so can't address their similarities or differences. But if they work in similar ways, I'd think whichever suits your needs and budget would be just fine.

It also pairs and syncs with my iPhone and my computer with no issue at all. Easy to set up and use. I have no complaints about what I own, and unless there is some huge reason to change, I'd probably buy it again.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
DW wears a Fitbit for 6 months now. DS just started with a Fitbit. They say they are in competition with each other, but I don't see much evidence. I am still the one who walks to the store and 2-3X daily hikes with the dog. I've been using use a cheap ($20) Omron pedometer for most of a year. It doesn't sync with anything, but functions as a pocket watch, and counts my steps and stores the count for a week. When it craps out, I can buy 5 new ones for the price of a Fitbit. That works for me.

Jim

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I like my Garmin Vivofit. It doubles as a watch and monitors my sleep and steps. I did not get the heartrate monitor one, as I already had a polar workout one.

Reason I did not like the fitbit was the constrant recharging. Vivofit has a battery that lasts about a year.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My fitband band also just broke but I've worn it more than 6 months. I replaced it with the 3 colored ones but really want a black band so I thought I'd offer to buy the size I need on my local kijiji after Christmas. I figure someone might sell it to me if I advertise. After all they can only wear one of the 2 sized bands that it comes with.

Joan:D

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread just helped me provide a Christmas gift for my wife. I'm going with the Fitbit Charge.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jawbone Up 24 for both the wife and I. We liked them so much we bought them for her parents for Xmas. It was not compatible with my old iPhone 4, but I now have a new phone and there are no issues. I still prefer the Livestrong app for meals and calories, but the Up 24 is great for steps and sleep monitoring.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Fitbit band

My fitband band also just broke but I've worn it more than 6 months. I replaced it with the 3 colored ones but really want a black band so I thought I'd offer to buy the size I need on my local kijiji after Christmas. I figure someone might sell it to me if I advertise. After all they can only wear one of the 2 sized bands that it comes with.

Joan:D

What size do you wear Joan? I think I have a small black that I will send you if that is the size you need. I won't sell it to you. It would be my pleasure to give it to you.