• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

College Football Playoff Predictions!

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I honestly think the best playoff system would be 8 teams and give the 5 power conference champs automatic bids and let the committee choose 3 wildcards.

Deja Vu - it like I'm back at post 118 all over again:

We need an 8 team playoff system to settle once and for all who the best team in the land is.

1 spot each for the Pac 12, SEC, ACC, Big 10 and Big 12 Champions and three at large to be put in by a competition committee. The three at large would cover a very competative second SEC (or ACC for that matter) team and it would also allow for a 12-0 Bosie St. or Marshall to be invited.

That would only be four extra games in the season (the round of 8) and if any team didn't like the extra game they could cut back playing the Furman and Appalachian St. type games (the 56-7 scores wouldn't be needed anyway).

:hysterical:

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
That would be awesome! I think we're only a few short years away from this. Once they see the $$$ the playoff will generate they won't be able to resist expanding it.

And I agreed with you in post #119!

Brian, what are the TUG citing proper credit guidelines? :D

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
And here's to hoping the topic regarding the number of playoff teams never comes up in this thread again... :)

Perhaps mundane to some, it is, nonetheless, a fundamental flaw of CFB. I was fine with the old pre-BCS system, but if things are going to change to the point where we're calling the winner of 1 game a national champion, then the process for determining that champion should be as fair and transparent as possible. The BCS was an utter joke, and a 4 team playoff is only marginally less so. Nobody will ever convince me that there are only 4 teams that are capable of winning 2 straight games against their peers. That's asinine, to put it mildly.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
And I agreed with you in post #119!

Brian, what are the TUG citing proper credit guidelines? :D

Brian gets all the credit for keeping the site running. Thanks Brian!

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps mundane to some, it is, nonetheless, a fundamental flaw of CFB. I was fine with the old pre-BCS system, but if things are going to change to the point where we're calling the winner of 1 game a national champion, then the process for determining that champion should be as fair and transparent as possible. The BCS was an utter joke, and a 4 team playoff is only marginally less so. Nobody will ever convince me that there are only 4 teams that are capable of winning 2 straight games against their peers. That's asinine, to put it mildly.

But.... If you are, say TCU and you can win one game against FSU and then one game against Alabama - or even one against Oregon and then one against FSU ---- I think most people would call you "National Champion".

At least that's the plan. :)

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else hoping that Penn State is left out of a bowl? Or even better they do the right thing and take themselves out of the running for a big 10 bowl spot?

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else hoping that Penn State is left out of a bowl? Or even better they do the right thing and take themselves out of the running for a big 10 bowl spot?

I don't think the student athletes or other students should be punished any more than they have.

Time to move on.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think the student athletes or other students should be punished any more than they have.

Time to move on.

How about the student-athletes at a 7-6 school that will be looked over for a team who was ineligible to start the year? I do not think 6-6 schools especially with wins over 1AA schools should be allowed to play in a bowl.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about the student-athletes at a 7-6 school that will be looked over for a team who was ineligible to start the year? I do not think 6-6 schools especially with wins over 1AA schools should be allowed to play in a bowl.

Something to take up with the NCAA?

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the Ducks have done their part winning the PAC 12 Championship handily.

I think they are safely into the final four.

Go Ducks! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For me, it is fingers crossed for TCU. Mom went there and it is a relatively small school playing with the big guys. It could be a David and Goliath story.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
That was a great game to watch! :cool:

To me it looked like Az. was a 5 year old playing with a match that finally figured out how to light it.

The Ducks were only on the gas for about 20 min or so - win or loose I'll enjoy watching them play FSU or Bama (THAT would be a game).

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
For me, it is fingers crossed for TCU. Mom went there and it is a relatively small school playing with the big guys. It could be a David and Goliath story.

I'm also pulling for TCU. TCU must win today though and then a Baylor loss would just about guarantee them a place in the final four. Good luck!

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm also pulling for TCU. TCU must win today and then a Baylor loss would just about guarantee them a place in the final four. If Baylor and TCU both win then I think Baylor gets the spot. I'd like to see either of them get in. Good luck!

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I agree that Oregon is in the top 4 to stay. The committee will place them where it will give them the most fan appeal in the playoff games.

When the games go to cable after this weekend they will lose me since I don't subscribe.

If one of the remaining three lose and OSU wins, I will find a place to watch if OSU gets into the top 4.

You all know I don't follow this closely but how does TCU end up with a cushy game for their last? The other teams are playing conference championship games, it seems.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
John, I think I've mentioned this to you before, but I grew up in NE Ohio myself and am also a Buckeye fan too. I think the Buckeye chances of getting into the final four are very slim. They really need to hope for two of three to lose (TCU, Baylor, Florida State) and/or a miracle in Atlanta. Plus they have to win theirs. They are probably going to get dinged further since they lost their starting QB.

The Big 12 has chosen to not have a conference championship game. That's how TCU did it.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
John, I think I've mentioned this to you before, but I grew up in NE Ohio myself and am also a Buckeye fan too. I think the Buckeye chances of getting into the final four are very slim. They really need to hope for two of three to lose (TCU, Baylor, Florida State) and/or a miracle in Atlanta. Plus they have to win theirs. They are probably going to get dinged further since they lost their starting QB.

The Big 12 has chosen to not have a conference championship game. That's how they did it.

Thank you.

Yes, OSU will have a hard time of it and if they can't win today they of course don't deserve to be there. I'm happy because we beat Michigan and if we get to play any more, that's a bonus.

My above post about Devin Gardner has tempered my hatred for the school up north, not sure where it really came from but I look at them now like just another opponent. Of course when I head back to Toledo for a get together and start hearing about how great Michigan is, it'll all come back to me.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Roll Tide!

I like Nick Saban's quote "To me winning the SEC is a big thing"

Yep.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
WoW - so far (just before 1/2 time) Ohio State has opened an extra large can of "whup ass" on the Badgers.

Man oh Man

And in the second half they opened ANOTHER can!! OMG - I really really really want to see the Buckeyes in the final four!!

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
find it interesting that TCU started kneeling the ball with 4 or 5 minutes to go in the game because it was a blowout...while OSU keeps full throttle on offense.

curious how things play out tomorrow at 12:30!

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now make your predictions folks!

Alabama
Oregon St.
TCU
Florida St.

And by the way, this also coincides with my prediction of the 3 out of the 4 teams making the playoffs, a couple of weeks ago. Ahem, guess I was right about that one... :)

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
My oh my! I have no idea what the committee will do with that 4th spot! If Clemson is not going to get the Orange Bowl anyway, I would find it hilarious if they dropped FSU out although I don't think that would happen.

I personally would exclude the 2 Big 12 teams as a sort of punishment for not having a championship game and for refusing to name a champion although their conference motto is "One True Champion."

I hate to say it, but I would put OSU in. What's the deal, though, with the Big 10 seemingly always having these blowout championship games!? 59-0 in a championship game! That's just ridiculous! Does that speak to the strength of OSU or just the weakness of the Big 10!?

I think it's going to end up:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. OSU
4. FSU

I only place them in that order since I do think they're going to want to match up Alabama and FSU in the Sugar Bowl and a classic Pac 12 vs. Big 10 match-up in the Rose Bowl.

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is that Ohio State will knock out TCU. Their win over Wisconsin was a lot more impressive that TCU's drubbing of an inferior Iowa State team.

George