• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

College Football Playoff Predictions!

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say we'll never know everything that goes into a coaches decision to leave. Andersen is reportedly a high character guy (?), so it surprises me he'd leave after only 2 years, for mostly superficial reasons -- especially when coupled with Bielema's departure. Makes me wonder if Alvarez meddles more than he should in the football program?
This is what Andersen said in a radio interview today ...

“Barry Alvarez is a Hall of Fame head coach,” Andersen said. “He’s a Hall of Fame athletic director in my book and in my mind. The one thing that I just want to make sure that everybody understands, it has nothing to do with the relationship that I had with coach Alvarez. In my opinion, we’ll talk a lot as we continue to move forward. He helped me. He was not nosy in football whatsoever. … I want to make sure that everybody understands that that’s not the fact of me leaving.”

More and more, from different sources, it sounds as his frustration with the admission policies at UW was the main factor.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what Andersen said in a radio interview today ...

“Barry Alvarez is a Hall of Fame head coach,” Andersen said. “He’s a Hall of Fame athletic director in my book and in my mind. The one thing that I just want to make sure that everybody understands, it has nothing to do with the relationship that I had with coach Alvarez. In my opinion, we’ll talk a lot as we continue to move forward. He helped me. He was not nosy in football whatsoever. … I want to make sure that everybody understands that that’s not the fact of me leaving.”

More and more, from different sources, it sounds as his frustration with the admission policies at UW was the main factor.

Fair enough. Just coincidence, I guess, that two coaches made lateral moves after short stays.

Sounds like Wisconsin is hiring Chryst.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since the topic of the day appears to be why players choose certain schools... wouldn't it be possible that the players make their choices very similar to how a typical student chooses their college to attend? And that is probably based on a variety of factors that each student choose to weigh differently. Some may want to be close to home, others may look at the football history and their likelihood of future success, some may choose based on where their parents went, and others may like the cute girl they noticed during their campus visit. C'mon now, isn't it possible that every student may see it differently? Naw, probably not, probably just a crazy idea. :)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
on average sure thats true....I thought the discussion was in regards to the top tier prospects.

those are expected to be good enough to play in the NFL...and while I have no doubt some of them are interested in other careers/academics....i doubt its the biggest recruiting perk available at most football powerhouses.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you guys forced me to choose the important factors, I'd have to guess the following. I'm sure the athletic facilities help too.

Being close to home (not a huge factor for some, but for many)
Playing for a coaching staff and system that a player is comfortable with
And I'm sure any other perks help too (fully funded by the college boosters, wink, wink)

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
A new topic, and since we're waiting for the bowl action to start. Now that it's all over, didn't the playoff selection committee process end up working out pretty well this year?

I guess you could say that things fell into place for them, but these final four teams seem to be pretty darn good choices to end up with at the end of the year. Yes, TCU and Baylor can complain a little, but on a national level nobody really cares about those two. I think the process worked out pretty well this year and yes, the committee got a little bit lucky things played out well in the end. Next year... let the chaos begin !!!

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
A new topic, and since we're waiting for the bowl action to start. Now that it's all over, didn't the playoff selection committee process end up working out pretty well this year?

I guess you could say that things fell into place for them, but these final four teams seem to be pretty darn good choices to end up with at the end of the year. Yes, TCU and Baylor can complain a little, but on a national level nobody really cares about those two. I think the process worked out pretty well this year and yes, the committee got a little bit lucky things played out well in the end. Next year... let the chaos begin !!!

I thought the committee did an excellent job!

I liked how they ranked teams based on their resumes at that snapshot in time and they didn't project forward. Once a team's resume changed (like winning a conference championship), they were very willing to be fluid in their rankings and adjust them accordingly despite teams in front of them still winning. The old AP rankings used to be so rigid that as long as you won (even by 1 point against a bad team) you wouldn't drop at all.

The last week was a great example of this fluidity and completion of resumes. FSU and OSU won conference championships. Baylor beat a very good KSU team who was a common opponent to TCU thus completing their resume and making their head to head win against TCU come into play. Thus, despite TCU winning by 52 points against a bad team they dropped behind FSU, OSU and Baylor. That was the right thing to do and it never would've happenned with the old rigid AP poll!

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I propose that next year, in August, we poll America and find out which 4 teams we really care about. In the event of a tie, the team with the best mascot wins. Then we can just skip the regular season and get straight to the playoffs.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I propose that next year, in August, we poll America and find out which 4 teams we really care about. In the event of a tie, the team with the best mascot wins. Then we can just skip the regular season and get straight to the playoffs.

I would agree with most of this. But, instead of the mascot, I think the team with the best looking cheerleaders gets in.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Turned out well this year. The controversy of it is what keeps it interesting.

If MSU won their last game they would have been right in the conversation.

FSU being so low has been the biggest surprise. I do think a undefeated power 5 late in the season needs more respect then they got.

Muschamp to Auburn. SEC west is getting top tier head coaches to be coordinators.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would agree with most of this. But, instead of the mascot, I think the team with the best looking cheerleaders gets in.

Believe it or not, there are some of us who are more interested in seeing a fair, logical method employed than watching "America's favorite teams" year after year. Bizarre, I know. :rolleyes:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, there are some of us who are more interested in seeing a fair, logical method employed than watching "America's favorite teams" year after year. Bizarre, I know. :rolleyes:

And you know I'm not disagreeing with you. I think this thread has been an interesting read and it actually has increased my interest in College Football this year, thanks to you and the other frequent posters here.

And thanks ClemsonFan for starting the thread!

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

If we go off the field for selections, let's pick the best band and send them. We can then let the football teams play between the performances.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Woo hoo! Nice destruction of OU tonight! It would've been a shutout but for the fact that Clemson's head coach called a timeout with 8 minutes left to pull the whole first team defense for a standing ovation from the crowd!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
definitely a statement game....glad they did so well...ACC was looking pretty dismal sofar this year in bowl games!

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Clemson had the #1 ranked defense in the NCAA this year and tonight they proved it wasn't a fluke! They completely swallowed up and demolished OU's offense!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Woo hoo! Nice destruction of OU tonight! It would've been a shutout but for the fact that Clemson's head coach called a timeout with 8 minutes left to pull the whole first team defense for a standing ovation from the crowd!

This game ended a great season for Clemson and their coach showed what a class act coach is by pulling whole first team defensive unit from the game.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Clemson had the #1 ranked defense in the NCAA this year and tonight they proved it wasn't a fluke! They completely swallowed up and demolished OU's offense!

Congratulations on your team's success Clemson_Fan! So far, it looks like the SEC and PAC-10 are doing well and the Big 12 is looking weak. It's probably a good thing TCU or Baylor didn't make it to the playoffs.

Looking forward to Thursday!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that the good bowl games are upon us, here's an interesting article regarding the NY6 coaches thoughts on the playoff:

Worth saying again, why are there so many bowls. Why is 6-6 with one win against a 1AA acceptable? Others feel the same way with the lack of fans in the stands.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that the good bowl games are upon us, here's an interesting article regarding the NY6 coaches thoughts on the playoff:

Worth saying again, why are there so many bowls. Why is 6-6 with one win against a 1AA acceptable? Others feel the same way with the lack of fans in the stands.

Has to be money. When in doubt..........

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has to be money. When in doubt..........

Yes cheap progams for ESPN. The host cities foot the bill and take the risk. Making bowls harder to get to would mean more to players and fans. A 6-6 team that had their sights set on a conference or national championship does not have much to get excited about.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
guess it has to be TV money, because it sure isnt ticket sale money.

I see the stadiums more than half empty in a number of these bowl games.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
On a different note, I guess Ole Miss isn't quite used to playing teams with "Big 12 speed”. LMFAO!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk