• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is there any way to get information from knowlegable TPI personnel?

DaveHenry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
After more than three unsuccessful weeks (and more than ten calls) trying to deposit a week, I've noticed the same pattern: The service representative takes my information, says that they will check with someone else, then leaves a message that doesn't address my question. When I asked to speak to someone with expertise in the deposit verification area who can answer the question, I was told that they don't let the people with expertise talk to customers.
Is there any way to talk to anyone with expertise at TPI?
Thanks.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I was thinking of depositing a week or more with them, but not if they have that kind of attitude. So they only let us talk to people who don't know what they're talking about? (This seems to be true often, but I've never heard it as a stated policy.LOL)
Liz

TPIRep

Reaction score
Hello..
I am sorry that you are having difficulty depositing your week. What you have mentioned does not sound correct. Depositing a week with TPI is usually a very simple process. We have a form that we will fill out while on the phone with you. Once its filled out we will forward it to you to sign. Once we get it back, we send it to your resort to have the acknowledge that you have given us your week. When we get the form back from them the week is entered into the system and made available for you to use. This process should only take about 72 hours depending on how quickly you get the form back to us as we as how quickly the resort returns the from.

I would be more than happy to speak with, I am not in the deposit/verification dept but I can certainly find out why you are having so many challenges to see if I can help you. As far as speaking to the agents in this department, you certainly can speak to them there is no policy that they cannot take phone calls.

Kind Regards,
Marcie
Trading Places Int.

DaveHenry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I apologize -- I spoke too soon

TPI successfully verified the deposit with my resort. Aparently they had to call a lot of times to work things out.
Thanks to the verification department, and to the customer service representatives and supervisor Brian for putting up with me!

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I can only add that Wyndham resorts seem more and more reluctant to verify my reservations!

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Many successful Deposits

We have had very little problem depositing weeks and great results from TP.The problem may be with the verification of your resort if the company doesn't respond they will not take the deposit

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have NEVER had a problem using TPI, either for depositing some of my weeks, OR, getting nice exchanges. For depositing, it usually is done in "minimal" time ---a week or less from giving TPI my info, to when the resort verifies what I own, and TPI has it confirmed in my account.

Tony

jodivk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trading Places Hawaii 2for1

I posted a note on another forum, but cannot locate it and don't see any replies so I thought I'd see if someone on this forum is familiar.

At my "owners update" with Wyndham in November, the rep told us that if we bank a week of our Wyndham Hawaii time with Trading Places Int. we would receive 2 weeks of the same size unit in exchange with TPI.

We were also given a booklet of ideas on how to best use our Wyndham points, which included this suggestion of 2for1.

I have been unable to verify on the Trading Places website and have not received a reply on any of my emails.

Is anyone familiar with this policy?

Thank you!

TPIRep

Reaction score
Hello...yes, being a part of the Wyndham family, you will receive a 2 for 1 for every week you deposit with Trading Places.

Please let us know if you have any further questions...thanks!