• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Here at Wyndham Panama City Beach - Nice

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
We checked into Wyndham Panama City Beach resort yesterday evening. We have two deluxe one bedroom units and they are very nice. Close to 1,000 square feet with two bathrooms, white cabinets in the kitchen with black granite countertops, looks like new carpet in the bedroom. There is ceramic tile floors in the rest of the unit. The views of the ocean are stunning.

I was a little nervous at check-in because it's "Thunder at the Beach" and the motorcycle noise was horrendous. They did give us earplugs at check-in and we used them last night. :D We even slept in the front room on the pull-out couch because there's less road noise from motorcycles in the front of the unit. I've got to say, the pull-out couch has the most comfortable mattress for a pull-out that I've ever slept on. The deluxe unit will sleep six. We also have bunk beds in the hallway.

I'd come back here again in a minute, but probably not during Thunder at the Beach week - LOL

I really like that I can count on Wyndham quality when I vacation. So far we've stayed at Wyndham Smoky Mountains, Wyndham Waikiki Beachwalk, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and here now at Panama City Beach and I haven't been disappointed yet with unit quality. I consider my resale Wyndham points a terrific value.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
We were there in January, off-season. The unit was very nice. We also had a one bedroom deluxe. We own there, but we bought resale, so it was the first time we'd been to the resort. The worst thing was the cell phone reception, the building blocks the signal. You had to be on the balcony or in the bedroom so that you were close to the window/road to get reception. It's also helpful if you have your own travel wi-fi router. We had fairly nice weather over all, good for a nice walk along the beach. Overall, we liked it, and I would definitely stay there again.

Last edited:

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be going there November 1. So glad to here the unit is nice. I am a little concerned about the cell phone problem though and no wifi. Any suggestions or pointers for the area?

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have gone there every April since 2011. We love it there. One time we figured we would go at the end of April. Never again. Thunder Weekend is always around that time. We now go in the middle of April and that is fine.

To us, no wifi is the biggest problem with this resort. We haven't had any issues with cell calls. We have Verizon. Not sure about who you folks have.

Any recommendations for a travel wi-fi router? I have looked into them, but am not sure what is good.

Jeannie's Onestop is a great breakfast place. When there, we eat ther every day. On our way out, we buy a piece of cake for dessert later and it is great.

We typically walk the beach and walk/drive to Pier Park Mall.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Internet Access

There is reliable internet if you plug in to their lan in the room. And as some have mentioned, you could bring your own wireless router. I have only stayed in presidentials and there were 2 lan plug-in's available in the living area, thus good enough for our needs.

There is also a Starbucks on site and the skywalk (where there is a lounge area/bar) has free wifi.

Cell phone service was frustrating. I "work from home" thus when I needed reliable phone service, I used the land-line in the room (fortunately calling 800 numbers). I have since started using skype for long distance and am happy with that. I suspect you'd be okay if you use the lan in the room for your internet and skype for your outgoing phone calls. (I have Sprint).

+1 for Jeannie's One Stop (good food AND my MIL's name was Jeannie, so a must do for us, DH had to buy a t-shirt).

NHTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought an IPad to travel with. The laptop was nice, but I only needed something small to scour the web and such. The laptop was cumbersome.

Thanks scootr5, I will give it a look.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I bought an IPad to travel with. The laptop was nice, but I only needed something small to scour the web and such. The laptop was cumbersome.

Thanks scootr5, I will give it a look.

That's what we travel with as well, and all of the kids ipads/phones. You set this one up at home, and then you can log in to it at the resort and connect to the resort wifi. Then on one of your devices you can do all of the connection agreements, and everyone should be able to access it.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
There's a restaurant called Saltwater Grill that we went to one evening. They had an early dining menu and we got a nice meal at a reasonable price.

UpAllNight

Reaction score
Internet Access / Phone Service

We knew in advance there was no WiFI in the rooms. I have a small wireless router I take with me everywhere for just this reason. We always take our cell phones and my iPad. For cell service, I have T-Mobil which offers "Calls over WiFi" built into the Android OS so we always had great cell service in the rooms.
We were there last January also as a last minute reservation to run around the area looking at properties. Got to say, even though it was only 45-55 degrees, it was still a nice stay. Worst day at the beach is always better than the best day away.

Bill