• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham to RCI points

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village
I'm on an owners update at another resort and the salesperson mentioned that when I deposit my Wyndham points with RCI, the conversion is at a 3:1 rate. Is this true? This would mean if I deposit my remaining 2014 points of 130k, I would get about 42k RCI points to use. I will not be able to talk with Wyndham until Tuesday and wanted to get advise and learn anything I can before Tuesday.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
That is NOT true. They don't give you RCI Points for your Wyndham points.

It's really very funny, but it's not true. It's too specific of a statement.

I think they are a good value in RCI, so that is true.

If you are Club Wyndham, you get to use your points for anything RCI has, weeks and points. But the value is not 3X. It's based on unit size and season, and sometimes it is a great value.

Don't buy anything from the salesman! Wyndham is too cheap to buy resale, and so are RCI Points.

I would love to get a few Wyndham Shearwater in 2016 with my Wyndham points through RCI. :ponder:

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
DVC can also be a very good exchange through the Wyn portal.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm on an owners update at another resort and the salesperson mentioned that when I deposit my Wyndham points with RCI, the conversion is at a 3:1 rate. Is this true? This would mean if I deposit my remaining 2014 points of 130k, I would get about 42k RCI points to use. I will not be able to talk with Wyndham until Tuesday and wanted to get advise and learn anything I can before Tuesday.

You really should ==>
-Read your Member's Directory
-Spend MORE time reading on TUG over listening to the sales staff (is a $100 gift card really worth 3+ hours of your VACATION time?)
-Resale owners (with no retail purchase) ONLY get RCI Weeks account as it is Plus Partners perk which includes the RCI points account (which you PAY 2 cents per $1K of points for with your MFs) --- see, no FREE LUNCH with Wyndham.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
...the salesperson mentioned that when I deposit my Wyndham points with RCI, the conversion is at a 3:1 rate. Is this true? This would mean if I deposit my remaining 2014 points of 130k, I would get about 42k RCI points to use.
Blatantly FALSE.

If you deposit 130,000 Wyndham points into RCI, you will have 130,000 Wyndham points to use in RCI. You will have zero RCI points, and there is absolutely no correlation between the two currencies.

To see what 130K Wyndham points will buy you via RCI, go to the Members Directory and look up the exchange points grid.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Blatantly FALSE.

If you deposit 130,000 Wyndham points into RCI, you will have 130,000 Wyndham points to use in RCI. You will have zero RCI points, and there is absolutely no correlation between the two currencies.

To see what 130K Wyndham points will buy you via RCI, go to the Members Directory and look up the exchange points grid.

well said and exactly right...there is no conversion of wyndham points to rci points (or tpu for that matter)

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
There is the fixed chart as posted by JimMIA, but occasionally I have seen units available for less than the chart. So it would appear that there are point discounts at times. The maximum you will use is what is on the point charts.

I have gotten some really good trade values with my points, sometimes the fixed point schedule works to your advantage. Sometimes it does not.

As some have mentioned DVC exchanges are a good deal. Many other overbuilt areas like the rest Orlando, often don't offer the best value at times. Since there is so much supply sometimes avenues offer a better value.

That is why I have multiple sources, 4 RCI accounts (1.Wyndham Weeks Account (using TPUs) and 2. Wyndham Portal (Weeks & Points), and then also a Portal from both 3. Hilton and 4. Holiday Inn. All these accounts are include the fee in the membership except for the holiday inn which charges a $104 a year. Having multiple accounts lets me manage my points and lets me obtain exchanges in different points currency.

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village
You really should ==>
-Read your Member's Directory
-Spend MORE time reading on TUG over listening to the sales staff (is a $100 gift card really worth 3+ hours of your VACATION time?)
-Resale owners (with no retail purchase) ONLY get RCI Weeks account as it is Plus Partners perk which includes the RCI points account (which you PAY 2 cents per $1K of points for with your MFs) --- see, no FREE LUNCH with Wyndham.

In your opinion, is the Plus Partners add on worth it? I know one benefit is the nightly stay usage. I'm not clear on the cost when you say "2 cents per $1K of points for with your MFs".

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
PP is a YOU PAY for benefit of having brought from the developer that keeps taking and taking. Say you have 600K Wyndham points - you PAY every year 2 cents per 1K of points as the PP fee. ($12.)

Plus, you had to buy DIRECT from Wyndham - $60,000 for something gotten for $1 on eBAY.

You can get 1 days exchanges via an RCI Points membership ... which I have in addition to my Wyndham ownership. I have NEVER used or booked a stay less than 7 nights ... not WORTH it to be for the resort fee for housekeeping. I use Wyndham reservations for less than 7 night stays --- I have a VIP level which does not count or charge for HKs.