• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best way to get ON yes on a timeshare presentation list.

hammerhammer

Reaction score
I have never minded sitting 90 minutes for 200 bucks. Seems like they know me now as that guy who won't buy and I never get info see this presentation get this in return deal.

What is the best way to get on timeshare sales presentation list?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Act stupid with lots of money or credit.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Well being married and traveling with your spouse and being anywhere near where they are selling timeshares will likely get you asked to sign up for the list. Very few places give out $200. I would think the average is closer to $100.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
First of all, most presentations are not 90 min. or $200. Most are more and less than that.

Secondly, you have to take your significant other - do they want to sit through the hard pressure baloney on vacation?

hammerhammer

Reaction score
gotcha I did go to some where it was about 200 bucks for 90 minutes last one was 2 years ago in HI. Free lua tickets for the whole family 100 bicks in resort money.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to get on timeshare sales presentation list?

Land at a Mexican airport. You'll be greeted by many who will want to sign you up.

Or how about just simply checking in at a resort like Wyndham or Westgate? P.S. Ask where to get a parking pass.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
There's a list of Orlando TS promotions here:
http://orlandotouristinformationbureau.com/vacationpackages/vacationpackages.htm
Also, you can go to one of the major timeshare company websites -- Hilton Grand Vacations, Diamond International, Marriott Vacation Club, Starwood Vacation Network -- fill out their contact form, and when they call, ask about promo offers for attending a presentation.

Be aware of these caveats from www.moneycrashers.com
Giving up 90 minutes of your vacation time may not seem like a big deal if you are getting a significant discount, but most people who attend a timeshare presentation report that you need to be prepared for very high-pressure sales tactics, which include:

1. Keeping You for Longer Than the Allotted Time... Half a vacation day gone.
2. A False Sense of Urgency... Saying you must act before the presentation ends.
3. Not Disclosing Cancellation Periods.
4. Arguing Aggressively Against Objections.
5. Guilt as a Means of Coercion... They should get something in return for your "gift."
6. Lying About the Investment Value... Significantly overstating benefits and value.
7. Concealing True Costs of Ownership... You never hear about booking restrictions or fees.
8. Multiple Pitches & Different Salespeople... A “manager” sees you before you leave.

Many people report that, as a result of the high-pressure tactics, they bought a TS despite their clear intent not to do so. Some customers report not getting exactly what they were promised.

Not every single timeshare company is going to entrap you in long sales pitches or put you in sub-par accommodations. It may be possible to have a fine experience on your vacation. However, the bottom line is that you take a risk when you accept free gifts from timeshare presenters, and it does not come without strings attached.

hammerhammer

Reaction score
There's a list of Orlando TS promotions here:
http://orlandotouristinformationbureau.com/vacationpackages/vacationpackages.htm
Also, you can go to one of the major timeshare company websites -- Hilton Grand Vacations, Diamond International, Marriott Vacation Club, Starwood Vacation Network -- fill out their contact form, and when they call, ask about promo offers for attending a presentation.

Be aware of these caveats from www.moneycrashers.com
Giving up 90 minutes of your vacation time may not seem like a big deal if you are getting a significant discount, but most people who attend a timeshare presentation report that you need to be prepared for very high-pressure sales tactics, which include:

1. Keeping You for Longer Than the Allotted Time... Half a vacation day gone.
2. A False Sense of Urgency... Saying you must act before the presentation ends.
3. Not Disclosing Cancellation Periods.
4. Arguing Aggressively Against Objections.
5. Guilt as a Means of Coercion... They should get something in return for your "gift."
6. Lying About the Investment Value... Significantly overstating benefits and value.
7. Concealing True Costs of Ownership... You never hear about booking restrictions or fees.
8. Multiple Pitches & Different Salespeople... A “manager” sees you before you leave.

Many people report that, as a result of the high-pressure tactics, they bought a TS despite their clear intent not to do so. Some customers report not getting exactly what they were promised.

Not every single timeshare company is going to entrap you in long sales pitches or put you in sub-par accommodations. It may be possible to have a fine experience on your vacation. However, the bottom line is that you take a risk when you accept free gifts from timeshare presenters, and it does not come without strings attached.

My problem is I enjoy many to the things you pointed out. And my wife enjoys watching me in the meetings. I have learned do not ask any questions in the presentation and be clear, I owe you 90 minutes no more or no less. Put the iphone timer on and let them bang away.

I have learned that silent pause they love to use!

Use them as entertainment on you vaca :hysterical:

thanks John

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
My problem is I enjoy many to the things you pointed out. And my wife enjoys watching me in the meetings. I have learned do not ask any questions in the presentation and be clear, I owe you 90 minutes no more or no less. Put the iphone timer on and let them bang away.

I have learned that silent pause they love to use!

Use them as entertainment on you vaca :hysterical:

thanks John

yes..the first one to talk loses. they dont know what to do with too much dead air.

I enjoy it too but my wife not so much, so we cant do it any more. Last visit to National Harbor, I convinced the guy at the blockade. (They dont do the parking pass dance, You pay for parking when you check in, but they do have a desk staffed with several people that you have to walk around to get to the elevator) . that I should be able to go alone. so I did.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score

thanks John

Next time you need to "enjoy yourself on vacation"

Scanned%20Voucher%20To%20Buy%20Colonic%20Irrigation.jpg

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
My dad has turned Mexican timeshare presentations into one of his favorite hobbies. On their last trip to Cabo, he racked up $1200 worth of cash and gifts. He also enjoys the free breakfasts. He says he gets up early anyway, so he might as well earn some cash while eating breakfast.