• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Village - Is this a good Price

Need to Travel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is 8,000 for a Bella unit 81,000 star options a good price?
Does anyone think I can do better?

Bill4728

Reaction score
I've moved this thread to the Hotel-based TS board where Starwood owners will be happy to answer your question.

BradC

Reaction score
That's not bad. I've been tracking Vistana Villages prices on eBay for about a year, and overall they seem to be going for around $0.09 to $0.10 per StarOption. Obviously, there are exceptions, with occasional auctions that slip through lower or higher.

But at that rate 81,000 StarOptions would generally go for around $7300 to $8100.

iluvwdw

Reaction score
I think that's a pretty good deal! I paid nearly DOUBLE that for 67,100 StarOptions from the DEVELOPER :wall: . But then again, I had NO CLUE about TUG and was told that I couldn't join SVN if I bought resale! I NOW KNOW BETTER!!!!! My next purchase will DEFINITELY without a doubt be RESALE.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Over the past couple of years, I have seen ebay listings go for anywhere from $6500 to $9450 for the 81K SO VV 2 bedrooms. Recently, I have seen an upward trend. I think that $8000 is good and fair, does it include 07 occupancy and is there a week already reserved? If so, I am assuming you will reimburse for 07 fees of around $825-925? If you are patient and look all year long, you might be able to find one for lower, especially at the end of the year before MFs are due. They are not that easy to find and the resale sites are asking more. I guess it all depends on how much you want to buy now versus later. Have you been looking long?

Need to Travel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I may go ahead and purchase one week. I have a choice of wk 24 or 29, Which one do you think would rent easier if I cant use it? Yes it has 2007 week available, but not booked. I just saw an ebay that went for $8250 today.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I think I may go ahead and purchase one week. I have a choice of wk 24 or 29, Which one do you think would rent easier if I cant use it? Yes it has 2007 week available, but not booked. I just saw an ebay that went for $8250 today.

If it is a float week - it won't matter which week if they are in the same season.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
another one just sold on ebay tonight for 8801

Can you post or send me the item number? I didn't have that one on my Watch List. There was one the other day for $8250. Thanks!

reddiablosv

TUG Member
Reaction score
:) Heh, I think you should grab this unit, it is a bargain. If it is week 24 or 29 then it is a standard two bedroom prime season. If you are buying this for the staroptions then you are getting the the biggest bang your buck. Your MFs on this non L/O unit are substantially less then on a L/O high season unit, yet you are still getting 81K staroptions. Many of the ebay units quoted are in the 6-8k dollar range are the larger units with the higher MFs. IMHO. Ben

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Denise here is the Item number: 290088288331

Thanks, Larry. I missed watching that auction because the title is listed as Sheraton Vistana even though it is Vistana Villages. Also, the ad states that it floats 1-52, but I didn't know that any units floated all weeks (though it is prime). Thanks again.

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
:) If you are buying this for the staroptions then you are getting the the biggest bang your buck. Your MFs on this non L/O unit are substantially less then on a L/O high season unit, yet you are still getting 81K staroptions. Many of the ebay units quoted are in the 6-8k dollar range are the larger units with the higher MFs. IMHO. Ben

The 2br L/O units have 95,700 SO vs this with 81,000.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

What the OP meant is that 81K Staroptions is kind of considered to be the minimum number of Staroptions one should buy for exchanging, by many Starwood owners. Having a few more (14,700) Staroption more isn't really helpful, and the MF's on the 2 bdm. L/O are significantly higher.

Last edited:

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

There are some 2 bedroom lockoffs during high (not prime) season that are worth 81,000 Staroptions and the MFs are higher than the standard 2 bedrooms.