• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Valdoro Auction Help

cchapin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I notice that there is a Valdoro unit for sale on ebay. The description is a bit confusing as it indicates it is a 2 bedroom unit in the ebay description block but then says it is a 3 bedroom in the "unit description" farther down in the ad. The points are 8400 during ski season and another 8400 during summer for a total of 16800 points. Due to the way this 2 week package is structured (combining a ski week with a less expensive summer week), I am having a hard time figuring out what a reasonable price would be. Additionally, the maintenance fees seem low compared to the 2011 maintenance fee thread on TUG. Can anyone give me some guidance/pointers on what would be a reasonable deal on this auction and what the true annual fees would be?:confused:

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
You can contact Judi directly about the auction details, she is great about clearing those things up. It does have some issues with the MF. I own at Valdoro and 8400 is either a 2 bedroom plus, which has a private hot tub, or a three bedroom.

Jovan Realty in Breckinridge also does resales of Valdoro units.

Ski weeks like this can go for tens of thousands of dollars, though week one is a frigid one.

Last edited:

floyddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I notice that there is a Valdoro unit for sale on ebay. The description is a bit confusing as it indicates it is a 2 bedroom unit in the ebay description block but then says it is a 3 bedroom in the "unit description" farther down in the ad. The points are 8400 during ski season and another 8400 during summer for a total of 16800 points. Due to the way this 2 week package is structured (combining a ski week with a less expensive summer week), I am having a hard time figuring out what a reasonable price would be. Additionally, the maintenance fees seem low compared to the 2011 maintenance fee thread on TUG. Can anyone give me some guidance/pointers on what would be a reasonable deal on this auction and what the true annual fees would be?:confused:

It doesn't seem possible to have summer points equal to winter ski points.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
Breckenridge is a-mazing during the summer. Just a few things to do that many people find as enjoyable as skiing: Biking (trail or up the lifts) hiking, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, a mountain roller coaster, sitting in a local coffee shop doing nothing and weather that is unbelievable.

I personally prefer none of these over snowboarding, but the place is full of people during the 10 summer platinum weeks where the temps are around 75, so I'm assuming other people like these activities.

The other advantage to Valdoro is that it's treated as a true HGVC resort. Every ownership is in HGVC, points are available from future years and reservations are online in Revolution (or classic if you're on a mobile device).

That being said, I don't want to compete for reservations with you guys so I advise staying away :wave:

Seph

Reaction score
The other advantage to Valdoro is that it's treated as a true HGVC resort. Every ownership is in HGVC, points are available from future years and reservations are online in Revolution (or classic if you're on a mobile device).

As an owner of a "true affiliate" this is something to consider. Borrowing from future years is easier if you're not treated as an affiliate.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
It doesn't seem possible to have summer points equal to winter ski points.
Both summer and winter are Platinum season, so yes, the weeks are worth the same amount of points. The difference is that most winter weeks are fixed weeks, and the summer weeks are floating.

Kurt

cchapin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well the Valdoro auction on ebay closed at $12.2K, which did not meet the reserve. My guess is the price per point for the 16800 points would probably have had to probably been north of $1.50 per point or $25.2K to be successful. Not sure whether Valdoro sales are subject to HGVC ROFR policy or not.

Seph

Reaction score
The Valdoro ROFR belongs to the developer not HGVC. It never seems to be exercised.

smokyhill

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Valdoro ROFR belongs to the developer not HGVC. It never seems to be exercised.

We attended an owners breakfast here at Valdora this morning. I'm assuming they were pitching this deal as I don't imagine there are too many 8400/8400 winter/summer deals out there. The salesperson said it's a foreclosure.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can contact Judi directly about the auction details, she is great about clearing those things up. It does have some issues with the MF. I own at Valdoro and 8400 is either a 2 bedroom plus, which has a private hot tub, or a three bedroom.

Jovan Realty in Breckinridge also does resales of Valdoro units.
Ski weeks like this can go for tens of thousands of dollars, though week one is a frigid one.

Jan at Jovan is very knowledgeable and my fam has acquired several unit through her efforts.